Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Kweh posted:

So where is everyones favorite place to get a few Titanite Chunks?

By embracing the capitalistic nature of the soul trade and costcoing out on that blacksmith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

What blacksmith actually sells Chunks?

The guy in Undead Parish.

e: nevermind those are shards.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Smelly posted:

Came home from a 16 hour shift at work and beat the Gaping Dragon's rear end.

All in all, a good way to end the night.

I got back from taking a midterm and beat him and just felt so good. Like, it's a video game.. why am I taking so much pleasure out of beating parts of it?

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Pomale posted:

Any advice on where to get some green titanite? I just upgraded a Mace to +5 and I wanted to make it Divine so I could gently caress up some skeletons' poo poo. I already finished the boss of the Catacombs but there's a lot of treasure left behind.

The slimes in the depths can drop it if you want to farm them.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

I was dicking around and found all the Stone Armor set. I imagine I won't be using any other armor for the rest of the game since it's about 3x as good as the next best armor.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

The Wise Teen posted:

It makes you hell of slow though so I hope you either have 40 endurance or hate dodging.

Well there's no difference between having 50% and 90% of your weight load taken up, so it's just like I started playing a knight instead of a warrior.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Arthe Xavier posted:

Well, not anymore. I lost them all to that drat Queelag, who I was doing fine against until she decided to do an attack that one-shotted me to death. Any tips?

Pack on fire resistance and only attack when she's vomitting lava. The one-shot thing is avoidable if you back up.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Spike McMayhem posted:

I am never, ever taking this Catarina helmet off. Ever. :backtowork:

Also I have to give props to IshiroNinja73 or whatever - waiting in that one pokey-rear end corner of Sen's Fortress motionless for just under an hour to ambush me shows some serious loving dedication.

I've done that too, though I was loving with some guy in the Forest of Farming Souls and was in my lightest armor and would hit him once then just sprint off and mess with him. It even gave me an excuse to use my poison throwing knife :getin:

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

skinny white boy posted:

A week in and I've already stopped having fun with the game. It's just an endurance test now. "Oh, let's kick the player in the nads a million times." Well I'm fine after the first two, thanks. Spawn me closer to the bosses, please.

Make multiplayer work.

Make me care about dying.

Ugh, really, there is nothing I see in this game now. It's boring, dull, and somehow lifeless after such a great start. They've really botched a spectacular game with the horrible online components and forgettable combat.

It's like, someone on the internet said the game was the best thing ever as a joke and everyone fell for it. Now everyone is just like "Yeah, this game is rad" and then you think about it and you're like "Is it fun?"

No. Not really. It's not even hard, it's just running in circles around enemies until you get bored and try to speed it up and then you fail because It's Not That Kind Of Game.

Someone convince me that this game is good, please.

Pretend you like good video games for like 2 seconds, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Thoughts on the catacombs: Wheel skeletons, eh?

• Locked thread