Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
This games trash mobs are definitely tougher. I have the hardest time with the simplest of enemies. Question regarding the area right after the first non tutorial boss. So I killed that boar, and I was able to get up to the other side of that gate and hit the switch thinking and seeing that it was opening and giving me a "HOORAY!" Checkpoint...then I died horribly. When I came back, to my surprise the boar was dead but the gate was closed. I spent the next 2 hours trying to get back to it. I got incredibly lucky my first time through apparently because these assholes with the capes are loving me up hardcore. Am I missing something? Shouldn't that gate be open? Also, is there an easier way to kill these guys with capes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Nigulus Rex posted:

Oh man I'm stuck at the 2nd campfire in the game. I keep dying either on the way to, or right at some big loving taurus boss on the wall. I tried rolling around him and attacking his back but he turned and hit me each time...not sure how to progress.

I totally cheesed him by just standing right under his legs and hacking away. It's not foolproof because I got hit a few times, but its much better than anything else I tried. Giantbomb just kept lobbing flame grenades at him. If you have them.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Double Monocle posted:

Dragon bridge, explained for confused goons-

The dragon has 2 positions. Landed (and hidden from view) at the beginning of the bridge, and landed and being all menacing at the end

When you first encounter the bridge, slowly progress forward till you hear the dragon. Typically this happened to me when I touched the oil/whatever puddle. Then run your little rear end back ASAP, shield up. This should let you avoid the flames and let the dragon land at the end of the bridge. Ive been hit a couple times, but with your shield up you only get roasted for about 30% of your hp. Instead of all of it.

Once the dragon is at the end of the bridge, it becomes easier.

Simply make a mad dash towards the middle, ignoring the hollows. Take the steps down on your right ASAP. Sprinting. This will trigger the dragons breath again, but you should be able to avoid it completely. He seems to have a range of vision that does not extend the entire bridge, though I cant confirm this.

Also, about upgrading your estus flask-
When you find the flame keeper soul, you will go "what the hell is this" and check it out in the item screen. The discription is misleading. DO NOT USE THE SOUL. To upgrade the flask, you must talk to the mute women on the lower level of the main camp.

I realllly wish I would have read this 2 loving minutes ago. What does the upgrade do anyway?

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
Is it me or does it seem like people never take my summon? I put it down in areas I think a lot of people will walk through and I sit there for minutes at a time and nothing happens. The few times I was alive where I saw someone's summoning sign on the ground I was like "OMGOMGOMG HELP HELP HELP! SOMEONE WANTS TO HELP ME!!!" I saw 1 outside the Capra Demon Why isn't there like 100? On my own I got my poo poo tossed. Then I went into some guys game, killed it in a matter of seconds. Then went to kill him myself and summoned a guy, same results. It seems like the online mode is hardly present in this game.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
I seriously feel like I'm totally boned right now. gently caress CURSES! So I am up to the first time you battle the Hydra, and on my way to him I get cursed....oh god not again, well hopefully I can get to a place where I can buy something...but no the only thing in my way from doing that is this giant 7 headed, intimidating as gently caress Hydra boss. I don't even know if it's possible to go back the way I came...not that I want to...the thought of going through that loving swamp with half my health is enough to make me want to quit this game forever. What the hell do I do?

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
I've been working my way through Sen's Fortress....and...gently caress....THIS....GAME.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

I just punched myself in the arm, repeatedly, in frustration. Fucka capra demon. I'm done. I'll try again when I don't feel like poo poo. Almost wanted to kick the 360 off. I didn't even quit, gently caress that save. Don't even care if it gets corrupted.

Ooooh, you might not like this game very much... Anyway, I've found just about every single boss in this game is totally broken when you bring in 1 or 2 people with you. Try getting people in with you and you will beat him no sweat.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
Gah I'm at a standstill with this game. I really can't seem to make any progress in any direction I go. I have the guide and its telling me to first kill the Hydra, which I attempted earlier but I was cursed and had to backtrack through Blightown which was a loving nightmare. Haven't gone back, is that boss really as bad as he seemed? He was one shotting me with every single attack he did, none of which it seemed I could dodge.

Assuming I were to skip that boss for now, the guide wants me to then head back to The Undead Asylum to fight the Stray Demon... this boss is totally wrecking my poo poo, seems like no matter what I do I can't seem to get his routine down, he always does that attack that pretty much covers the entire room. Sometimes it misses me, every other time it takes out 75% of my health. Assuming I actually survive the first 2 seconds of the battle, I end up getting killed by either his full room rape attack or he flies in the air and lands on me. Seems the best way is to go behind him and start whacking him and retreating. Also my Drake sword does no damage to the son of a bitch.

It also seems like the logical place to go right now, and the one place that isn't some secret boss location is Sen's Fortress That place is driving me god drat nuts. My character doesn't really have a decent ranged attack, my bow does nothing to those mages. So far I've killed the Belltower Gargoyles, the Capra Demon, Gaping dragon, and Quelaag. Is there a place that I could maybe do instead before I tackle those 3 I listed above? Or maybe I just need to get some sleep and come at it fresh tomorrow.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
So I just killed the Iron Giant in Sen's Fortress and now after the fight I touched that ring on the ground and was transported to Anor Londo. I have 2 questions. Am I stuck here until I finish this place? I already hit the bonfire so there is no dying and being transported back to a previous bonfire. Question 2, where do I get the ability to travel between bonfires? The players guide I have keeps mentioning it like I should already have it.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Smelly posted:

Go back to where the wyverns dropped you off and talk to the one sitting there to go back. Also, beating the boss in Anor gives you the ability to fast travel.

Does anybody know if fast travel carries over into new game+? Or do you have to get that far into the game again to get it? That would certainly make it a bit easier, if not a hell of a lot more fun. I assume if it does carry over, you just have to find the bonfires first. That's it.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Is there an easier and quicker way getting to the Hydra than from the Blacksmith in the Undead Parish? I am kinda getting sick of walking all that way, getting one shotted by the shots from the Hydra and doing it all over again. Any tips on how to clear out the golems / getting into reach of the heads?

When you are going down the ramp like area of the mountain, go alllll the way down. There is a Knight down there. Kill him and there is a bonfire in the cave. Don't go any further though...unless you want...death.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Tarradax posted:

What should I do with all the souls I'm amassing? I have Sif's, Queelog's and the Moonlight Butterfly.

Jesus! Spend them on something before you die and lose them all. Upgrade weapons or level your character. I'd be so stressed out if I was carrying that much.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Tarradax posted:

They're items in my inventory. I won't lose them :)

Ohhhhh Got ya. I haven't been able to figure out how to use them yet myself.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
Does every area after Anor Londo get progressively harder? Because at this point in the game I'm having less and less fun. Before it was always hard but doable...now it seems like every area...every corner has something super annoying/loving ridiculous. For me in Demon's Souls the game started out hard...then sometime after the Flame Lurker and Maneaters it started getting progressively easier.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
I did the farming exploit in the garden and now I'm afraid I'm way too high of level. I'm level 56 and I've been sitting outside O+S for 20 minutes without a summon.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

Just sounds like bad luck. Your level is about right. Where is your sign placed? Try putting it at the bottom of the steps before the palace. This is where most people throw it down.

I put it down the moment you can put it down after stepping off of the elevator. Trying again now...

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
God dammit O+S can go blow each other. I had 2 very capable phantoms with me and we seemed to be doing really well, then right before we kill Ornstein one of the guys gets killed and then for some reason its like the fight 180'd on us and we got our poo poo pushed in. loving hate this boss. I was hoping I could have this boss beat before Batman came out but at this rate its not happening.

Loofa08 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 16, 2011

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
Wow, so this game is a lot easier the 2nd time through. My first PS3 I bought recently bricked at the very end of Uncharted 3 and for a while I was dreading starting a new game of Dark Souls over. I had JUST beaten Ornstein and Smough, which I thought up until that point was the hardest boss. It took me 4 hours to get to Quelaag, downing just about every boss my first try. Then yesterday I was on a loving roll. Killed Ornstein and Smough my 2nd try and then proceeded to kick the poo poo out of every boss. I'm now caught up to where I was. (roughly)

Now I'm not sure where to go next. I'll try to list the bosses I've killed. Gargoyle's, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, Asylum Demon, Sif, 2 Hydra's, Iron Golem, O+S, Priscilla, 2 Bone Dragons, and that butterfly. Where do I go now? I hope its not tomb of giants, that place seemed like a royal pain in the loving rear end. I was watching videos on youtube on how you navigate in the dark and I was still dying every time.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

KingShiro posted:

Helped a 2 people through Blighttown from the front entrance. I was rewarded with a Dragon Scale from one guy and nothing by the other. The first guy died a couple times trying to make the Iato jump.

That thin moving bridge can still eat a dick.

There is a shortcut through blighttown that takes you directly to that spinning wooden wheel. You have to run through the valley of drakes and very nearly get your face bitten off but its totally worth it to skip the worst area in the game.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Chard posted:

After you take out Fatty and Slim you pretty much have your choice of where to go, it's the least linear part of the game in my opinion. You will eventually have to go down there anyway. Someone asked about the light sources ONE page ago :psyduck:

Not everybody has time to read a 900 page thread. But thanks anyway.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
The end boss of this game is absolutely brutal. I've never been very good at parrying attacks and up until this point I've been perfectly fine just blocking attacks, but this boss absolutely requires it... I think I might be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008

Nasgate posted:

So iron flesh, great spell, or greatest? Made assisting Capra even easier(and it was easy with wolf ring+elite knight armor) Also allowed me to fight the titanite demon on even melee ground(though he still did lots of damage)

If you summon a buddy, this fight is super super easy, and i imagine solaire works too. Him being distracted allows you to two and destroy his health

I thought of that...I always get invaded and killed by some loving super player who one shots me. Gonna try that again right now. I've been trying a strategy I saw online where a guy Iron Fleshed and basically just sat there 2 handing it and healing as fast as he could. He just does too much damage to me though.

• Locked thread