Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

VanillaGorilla posted:

Or not! Here you go, bonus content from the LE of the game:

http://ce.preparetodie.com/index.php?redeem=7ba5299bd35e1145e0b03ad3bd15a47e

Thanks! Won't get the game until Thursday, going to put this soundtrack on and play Demon's Souls until then. Just got the Northern Regalia sword and lowered my character tendency to full black in order to get all the bonuses (135 + 135 physical damage and 135+135 magical damage), the Maneater and Old King Doran were easy prey in NG+. :black101:

feraltennisprodigy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

Where am I supposed to go after ringing the first bell at the Undead Parish? Below the Firelink Shrine? I get hosed up by the two first enemies in The Valley of Drakes and there's a ton of ghosts that I can't seem to kill in Anor Londo

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

qbert posted:

There's a Basement Key down the steps from the main entrance of the church. Use it to open the door on the far end opposite the Red Dragon.

I was just down there and killed the Capra Demon, forgot to mention that. I think that I might have gotten another key when I killed him?

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

qbert posted:

Yes, now go down the stairs to the left of the room where you fought him and you'll find the door that key unlocks.

There's a staircase there? :psyduck: drat, didn't see that at all. Thanks! Back to the game now!

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

darkhand posted:

What bonfire are you guys using for Capra Demon runs? I was using firelink -> sewer path. Is the Burg -> Gate route faster?

I used Burg -> shortcut gate. Took him out on my second try, you just have to run up the staircase to the left and take out the dogs first. Make him drop down and then use the plunging attacks 3-4 times to kill him.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

I was grinding those stone armor knights in the Darkroot Garden to get 20k souls for the door with the seal and got 3 stone shields and 2 stone swords. Too bad that I need like 40 strength to use them :pwn:

Picked up some stone armor as well beyond the sealed gate and felt unstoppable for a while, but then the huge wolf with a sword in its mouth destroyed me. :smith: I think that I'll turn around and start on Blighttown before I try my hand at that boss again.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

So I just rang the second bell and opened the huge gate near the Undead Parish blacksmith, should I finish up all the other areas (New Londo Ruins, Valley of the Drakes, Darkroot Garden & Basin, skeleton graveyard (catacombs???), Demon Ruins) before heading there or can I just come back to them later? I think that I'm soul level 50 or so.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

Bland posted:

Darkroot Garden is the only one you should worry about there. Finish that off then head through the gate

All right, thanks. I assume that there are some tough-rear end bosses in the other areas? I turned around after walking into the Demon Ruins, because that area did not looking promising at all. :ohdear:

I've taken out the moonlight butterfly in the Darkroot Garden and picked up the ember (divine, I think?) from the dead blacksmith in the tower. Is there anything else to do in the area besides entering the sealed gate? I've killed a bunch of stone armor knights and picked up some equipment.

Right now I'm focusing on the area beyond the sealed gate, where I've found some sweet-rear end stone armor and gotten killed by a sword-wielding wolf and some sort of cat-wolf monster that appeared out of the blue.

areyoucontagious posted:

I never played Demon's Souls, so I'm new to the series, but Jesus gently caress this game is brutal. I just made it to the first area after the initial dungeon and the skeleton swordsman, especially when they come in loving packs, are destroying me. I'm learning, slowly, and the game is fun and immersive as hell, but dammit if I'm not dying all the loving time. Especially when I picked up a Large Lost Soul, and promptly used it instead of an Estus flask- not only did I not heal, I lost all those damned souls when I died. :sigh: Is there a better class than Knight for a guy who's never played the previous game and is completely new to the series?

I would say that the Knight is a solid class for new players, if you're conscious about stamina management you can block a lot of attacks.

Block attacks with your shield or try to parry them (press L2/LT just before the attack connects to deflect it with your shield), blocking will stun the enemy for a second and parrying will let you do a very strong attack that'll take off a large chunk of their health. Put some points into the Endurance stat to get more stamina, that way you'll be able to block more attacks before your guard breaks (and you can also get in more swings in a row).

feraltennisprodigy fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 11, 2011

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

The Stray Demon proved to be easier than expected, took him out on my first try. :pwn: Wore full Havel, Havel's Ring + the ring of favor, and used a lightning zweihander +2 and a dragoncrest shield. Soul level 62. Did they make him weaker in a patch recently or something, because I thought that this guy was supposed to be a total bitch to kill.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

Shanty posted:

Well you were pretty overleveled. A lot of people have completed the game at a lower level than that and teh Demon is available pretty much at the start of the game.
Plus your Havel's has some of the best magic resist in the game, so you're kind of specced against him.

Hehe, that makes sense, I was originally planning to revisit the Asylum before Sen's Fortress, but I forgot about it and didn't do it until after Seath.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

Well, the Centipede Demon was easy... after I chopped its tail off so I could run in the drat lava.

Unfortunately, in the giant lava-field, I died somewhere ten miles from the bonfire near those impossible to kill half-dragons. I think I'm gonna just use the shortcut because how the gently caress do you even get anywhere? All I see is bloom. I literally cannot tell where I'm going. Am I going the right way? Who knows! :iiam:

e: Oh hey. Rad. For the first time in the game, dying in a hazard hasn't warped my bloodstain somewhere I can see it. Awesome. 60K souls right down the shitter. Thanks, Dark Souls.

If you get to the bonfire in the middle of the lava field (it's in a building with an illusory wall), the way out of the lava field will be straight ahead. You don't really need to kill those half-dragons, but they don't respawn if you do.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

Is the DLC out on PS3 in Europe? Downloaded the 1.06 patch, but can't find the dlc on PS Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

Will a Lightning Zweihander +5 hold up in NG+? I assume that it will be fine for Undead Burg/Parish/Depths, but what about Blighttown/Sen and beyond?

• Locked thread