Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Zero000 posted:

Just started up my stream again.

http://www.twitch.tv/zero000

gonna die~

This is some epic Street Fighter, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Spoilers after killing Capra Demon

I just killed the capra demon and returned via the ladder instead of the shortcut just to see if the Sun Knight would have anything new to say. As soon as I got up there the red dragon died for no reason and I got 10000 souls. What the heck happened? I activated the bonfire and the shortcut to parish while I had the chance (who knows if hes coming back) but do i have the possibility to sequence break now?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I thought you could double up on spells? Like slot them twice to get 2x casts? Im really getting in trouble in Sens Fortress because I run out of casts and im not beefy enough to fight the monsters on my own. Even magic weapon doesnt help that much.

What upgrade path should I take for an int scaling weapon?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Has anyone found a second scroll of great soul arrow or great heavy soul arrow? I can get doubles of the regular spells from the smith in new londo but i havent seen a second set of heavy for sale yet

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I just ground out enough green shards to turn my falchion +5 to magic +5 and now Im The Megafucker. Im doing twice as much melee damage and its finally scaling iwth my int

How long until I find the ember for enchanted weapons? I have enough blue shards to take me up to +2 already. Im at Sens Fortress

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive got 4 humanity for the magic find from when i was grinding shards. I want to spend the humanity but all my flames that i want are kindled... I know ill lose the stain eventually what else is good to grind before I go and try to tackle Sens again

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

NESguerilla posted:

I gave the Blacksmith by the parish my divine ember but I can't figure out how to forge a divine weapon? Did I do something wrong here? Nothing has changed at his shop as far as I can tell.

VVV you might want to save it for something a little better but Titanite shards can be bought for fairly cheap. Do what you want to do with them.

You cant forge a divine weapon until you have a +5 weapon. Once you get one to +5 you have the option of ascending it to Divine class

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dolphin Fetus posted:

I'm trying to ask as few questions here as possible, since my copy hasn't arrived yet and I just beat Demon's Souls but are the load times better in this one? To me that was the worst part about dying, I always hated being greeted by a 20 second load screen. I can deal with it though, far from a deal breaker.

I dont remember being annoyed with Demons Souls load times but ive died a lot in dark souls and it hasnt been an issue

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Where do I go in Anor Londo? The only path forward is blocked by a gold fog.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I just unlocked the warp ability, is there a fire I havent lit down in the depths somewhere? Id really like to be able to warp to blighttown for easier access to lower level stuff.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Shumagorath posted:

It's behind a locked door at the end of the hallway with all the slimes. I forget where I found the key.

No I mean a warpable campfire. All the places I can warp to are way up high like Firelink and TWO in Amor Londo (is that really neccisarry?) but nothing down in the depths or blight town or below that even.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

smuh posted:

Okay what does "Illusory wall" mean. I've seen some messages that say that and have a few + ratings, would I need to use some dumb magic thingy or something? Or am I getting trolled?

Hit the wall but yea, a lot of times people put them in bullshit places. Ive done a few.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

thoraxfetish.com posted:

There's a warp point down by the mute spider, I don't know if you have to manually activate it.

Im sitting directly in front of that campfire and its definately lit. But its not on my warp list

Aries posted:

Where do you get the warp ability? That's one hell of a handy skill.

You get it as you progress normally, you cant miss it dont worry.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Queelags Domain spoilers: I accidentally hit the stupid dipshit guarding the path to the bonfire and ruined my reputation with him so I figured id ignore that covenant completely. I equipped the ring I took as my gift before killing everyone though and talked to white spiderbabe and I felt really awful. I didnt notice it all those other times I was in the chamber but if you listen to what she says about how shes in pain and she can feel the eggs dying and then look her over again, you notice her spider half is dead and decaying and shes just stuck attached to it. Im surprised I felt so bad for her. At least she drops a fire keepers soul, ive got +5 Estrus Flasks now :)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The mountain that this game takes place in is such a massive network of tunnels and caverns that its no wonder the city is built on a massive solid stone foundation that goes all the way down to Blighttown. The entire thing would be a sinkhole risk otherwise. What with a massive lake, demon ruins, another massive lake, catacombs etc etc. No wonder New Londo sunk into the sea

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

charismaslover posted:

Ornstein and Smough :qq:

The only boss I had to white phantom cheese against (so far). Screw going two on one.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dirty Job posted:

Two questions:

1. Is level 50 too low for behind the sealed door in Darkroot Basin? I killed all of those rolling cat things (:stare:) at great expense, and even the mushroom people are strong as poo poo. I'm currently running with a +3 set of elite knight armor, +7 Uchigatana, +2 Black Knight Shield and no spells.

2. How do I use Quelagg's soul to make a weapon? I have both Quelaggs and the Moonlight butterfly's, afraid to use any of them from my inventory though.

2. The Anor Londo smith will make special weapons BUT. He wont tell you what you need for them. I guess if you are playing without a guide get a +10 of every type of weapon and eventually youll see what you can make, its a little silly

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

They cribbed the gargoyle fight from the Maneaters (and even then they didnt breathe fire, or did they?) but thats about it.

Aside from the minibosses that look like Yurt who are just generic sword and board dudes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dr. Glasscock posted:

Oh my god I've missed that every time? I'm an idiot. That makes it much easier! So many lost souls!

It sounds like upgrading the Estus flask is one of the most important things I can do. Also not accidentally hitting NPCs (I had no idea you could do that). Any other huge tips that might make me get frustrated less? I read about a curse too which sounds lovely. I don't need to get and see everything, I just don't want to miss crazy insanely helpful things.

Dont spoil yourself too much theres lots of neat traps to get killed by. About what youre asking though: Do NOT use the item that upgrades flasks from your inventory, give them to the flame keeper at the shrine instead. And w/r/t curses, if you see a bunch of cute frogs run the hell away

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

PerOlus posted:

Where the hell is the depths? I just got the key to access it, but I can't find the door anywhere. Capra demon's room seem to just be a dead end.

Its really hard to see but right before the fog door theres a little stairwell down. Enjoy

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Nechronic posted:

This is from a million pages back but the first time I went in there someone put down "try holding with both hands." :haw:

I upvoted it.

Try a plunging attack

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dear Watson posted:

You don't get very many souls for your items, I don't even bother keeping items I won't ever use.I just drop them all over. If you are online you should start dropping gear in random places so people will get vagrants to kill and some humanity.

I've never seen one, but many people in this thread have fought strange crablike creatures where there should not be any which are probably item vagrants.

I saw an item vagrant the other day. Horrible Creatures.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Underwhelmed posted:

Thanks guys, I will not eat the delicious souls like so many hard-boiled eggs.

Zero should be enough. Sometimes I will get like 2 or 3 from one room clearing, and then not see any at all for 5 or 6 more. Typically every third time or so you will probably get one even with zero humanity. It can get tedious but since there is a bonfire right there and they die with like one fireball even with a level 1 flame, its no big deal.

I forget where I found it (sens fortress maybe?) but theres a ring that boosts your item find from 100 to 300. I wouldnt grind for shards and poo poo until I find that

I have no idea what the number means but since the base is 100 im going to assume a 300 item find gets you items 3x as often.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Gazmachine posted:

OH gently caress. I just realised that I (darkroot forest, beyond the gate)Said no to the cat. I didn't realise it was the forest covenant. gently caress. I was trying to join that covenant

Stupid riddle talking motherfucker. Am I hosed for joining now?

Not confirmed but i seem to remember someone saying that if you twhack the cat and then pay the obscene soul cost to get him on your good side again itll reset him and he will ask again.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dukes Archives Questions Im about to take on Seath but I hear that Big Hat hollows after that? Hes got like 100k souls worth of spells I want to buy should I make sure to get them first?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bobnumerotres posted:

So I'm at the Duke's Archives and I'm completely lost. I've reached a bonfire in a balcony outside and I have no idea where to go. Any advice?

Make your way along the balconies with The Most Annoying Mages Ever. Theres a door exactly opposite the balcony you entered from the prison tower that you need to get to, youll have to use the swivel towers to get there.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Tamagod Sushi posted:

Is there a map anywhere online on how to get to places?. And can you buy maps in the game? There's a map icon but I don't think any of the merchants sell maps? :raise:

I've been looking for the Dark Depths but I don't know where that is, would someone kindly point me in the direction?

Theres a little stairwell down right next to where the fogdoor to the Capra demon was, it can be hard to see.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hatter106 posted:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned an elevator below Queelag, where is it? I remember a circular platform down by the covenant guy that looked like it might move, but didn't do anything...

Also, for my first playthrough I'm making a fairly balanced VIT/STR/END/DEX character, PvE only, no magic, what paths should I look at for upgrading my weapons? I know Raw bumps up the base damage, anything else? I just don't wanna use the drat Drake Sword all game long.

The elemental upgrades are pretty much the best, go lightning/fire when you can. The only stat scaling upgrades are for Faith and Int so you wont be able to get something that upgrades with Dex like last game

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rascyc posted:

Huh? The normal upgrade line keeps all normal scaling, including strength/dex. Several demon weapons retain various scales for dex/strength as well.

Oh I meant they dont change the scaling to be better like the sticky bow did for Dex in Demon souls.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator posted:

Dukes Archives Questions Im about to take on Seath but I hear that Big Hat hollows after that? Hes got like 100k souls worth of spells I want to buy should I make sure to get them first?

Just asking this question again

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fargin Icehole posted:

Any decent weapons with B or above modifier to strength (Besides Black Knight weapons)? I'm starting to regret having such low DEX for a majority of the weapons

I wouldnt worry, everyone seems to love the elemental weapons. When you craft those it ruins the stat scaling down to D or E anyway.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Viash posted:

Put a lot of points into int, make an enchanted +5 <your favorite sword type here>. The sword will kill anything trivial, and with the magic boosting gear your spells will completely destroy anything non-trivial. Magic is insanely good in this game limited charges or no, anyone saying otherwise hasn't tried it beyond the early game.

Edit: Seriously the last boss was the only boss I couldn't blow up within 30 seconds of walking through the door, and that's just because he's so fast and aggressive it's hard to get chances to cast. Magic is broke as gently caress.

What magic boosting equipment do you have? All I have is the ring from the mage vendor.

e: Its amazing how much that ring alone boosts power. I was doing 200 a soul spear on Seath, 313 with it equipped

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is there a catalyst in the game that uses Faith, like Veskas pendant is an int using talisman?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Nigulus Rex posted:

I have no idea what "+5 mooks" means, otherwise, thanks for the input.

"I just [used the] Uchigatana+5 [on] mooks"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I just helped someone beat O and S after casting Crystal Homing Soulmass for the first time and my jaw about hit the floor when I saw it connect for 1600 damage. What a spell!

Crowbear posted:

Helping a bunch of people out with the Anor Londo boss. :feelsgood:

Made 90,000 souls so far and used that to make myself a ton of boss soul weapons.

Success rate has been sub-50% though. Every single time we've failed it's because:

a) The host insists on doing Ornstein last and ends up getting impaled almost immediately.

or

b) We get Smough down to about 10% and the host gets cocky and dies to a 1-hit butt stomp.

Every single goddamned time.

For me 50% of the time they havent even opened the doors yet and the host doesnt know where the gently caress to go and I end up getting knocked off the buttress by those snipers. I had to snag the heal miracle because nobody knows that white phantoms cant heal themselves

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Daaaaaaaaamn, Silver Knight Shield at +5 has 83 stability and it only weighs 5.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hahaha! Crystal homing soulmass is so powerful that its quicker to kill the enemies in Grinding Forest normally than it is to geometry bug them. I love this loving spell

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

http://www.twitch.tv/moruid
Doing a speed run at the moment, his first course of action was to dive into the Catacombs and join nito faction for his sword, haha.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

keyframe posted:

This is more like a "moron run". He died like 3 times in undead burg to the low level zombies in a row because he was running at them and not hitting/blocking. Maybe speed run means something else over there.

I think hes trying different paths and poo poo, hes already beaten the game in 5 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fargin Icehole posted:

Man, Blighttown can be a pain in the rear end when you navigate so carefully, the small pieces of wood on a small crossing actually block you, so you have to go faster.

Thanks for the advice on the elemental weapons. decided to make a fiery winged spear, and it's so unfair. That is until i decided to go further into Demon ruins with a weapon that does 50 damage there. Jesus, it's like soloing an MMO instance.

I'm level 67, i'm using all stone armor plus greatshield, and i'm still slightly scared about Sen's Fortress and the next couple of areas.

I definitely should've put all points into VIT, instead of hoping to find a STR weapon.

Youre a higher level than me and Ive entered the endgame lordvessel portion, I think youll be fine

• Locked thread