Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Bed of Chaos was rushed? That makes sense.
The fight kind of reminded me of the one with Dragon God in DeS.
But unlike Dragon God I didn't feel at all bad about this one. I did feel bad about the poor Dragon God for some reason. The end bit hacking at his shackled head was pretty heavy.

I was just glad I had changed the Beds sheets and then rushed off to kill Gwyn.

Underwhelming end to a great game but 5 minutes later you're facing off against the Asylum Demon in NG+ but this time with gear and stats and away we go again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Bass Bottles posted:

Edit: Minor victory, though. I took a potentially dumb risk and took on one of the black knights who had managed to kill me every time I revisited undead burg. I was very nervous but he went down in a single backstab. Guess I've done some leveling since then.

The first time I did that felt great! I went from terrified of those guys (and being their piņata) to actively hunting them down to being sad they don't respawn around the burg. If that's not satisfying progress then I don't know what is.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Do a jump attack on the dragon butt and it'll stand right up for you to walk under. It's weird.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah it is a shortcut. But it's fwd and heavy attack together.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

You don't wanna say yes to Patches first question is the only one I think

Edit: or his second one.
just say no to Patches lol

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 11, 2015

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

You can find the guy who drops it in Blighttown.
from the bonfire in the sewer pipe thing go right and head towards the giant wheel. The forest guardian will be standing there with the bodyguard behind a wooden wall.

You can kite those fire spider things over and goad them into attacking you while standing near the bodyguard and eventually he'll go down dropping the ring.

You may need to be in cat covenant and exhausted dialogue in the forest with the chatty guardian first tho.

E: left and right confused

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 16, 2015

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

It is isn't it? Empty. I never realized how accustomed I'd grown to ghosts and messages until I played one day when PSN was down.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I beat Artorias today. Yeah yeah we've all been there. But in an amazing display of evil synchronicity I did it with a broken stupid hand.

Beating that broken armed dude with my right hand in plaster was cool (awkward and unwise) as hell :cool:

I have no hope doing PVP tho. Not nearly nimble enough.
But Artorias....feels good man

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Congratulations Bass Bottles!!
and yeah like EC said...welcome to a post souls gaming hellscape of hand holding and unsatisfying progression!

Not all that long until dark souls 3 at least! :woop:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

If Fallout 4 and MGS5 can't see me through I'll probably be on NG++++++ by then lol

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Yes. She is exactly that!
Kind inhabitants my arse

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I did that to Stockpile Thomas once.
Ever since I've been talking to NPC's with my back to them. Even that didn't save me once in souls 2 when I forgot to remove the butterfly gear.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

death .cab for qt posted:

My favorite post-bells area is Demon Ruins, because it throws three bosses at you in a row (one repeat, but it's still a decent fight) while also making you go through those maggot men who creep the gently caress out of me. Also, surprise Taurus and Capra demons!

Really, everything from the covenant bonfire up to Demon Firesage's door is impressive. It's the blasted rear end in a top hat of a failed civilization teeming with demons and chaos-infected humans, with one woman at its top trying to keep them all at bay.

Shame about Izalith

Agreed. After beating O&S I felt pretty much like I had this games measure. Then I played through to Demon Ruins and see a whole loving horde of Capras. Id forgotten him and his tiny dog stank room. And all those deaths i died. First time I saw them all standing around, shinies behind them, was also the first time since reaching Anor Londo that I felt that soulsy feeling of 'hmmm well gently caress what now?'

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Also I liked the ceaseless discharge fight.
I killed Priscilla, Queelaag and Sif without batting an eye. Well I felt a little bad about Sif...

But this poor abomination with his oh so useful ring prepared to fight because I dare touch his sisters clothes for some reason hit the heartstrings. They got the rampaging toddler tantrum just right with that lunge you can provoke him into. No thought for himself. Gimme robes. My robes. Mine.

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 3, 2015

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I didn't see any dog food in that room. Maybe he opens the door for his doggies once a day for feeding time.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Gravelord sword rocks. That straight thrust is a lifesaver. I've mostly two handed that thing ever since I got it this time through. Packs a punch and I don't find it annoyingly slow to swing.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Weapons yes but I think he was talking about all the consumables. I'm picking up things all the time that I've never used or found before and finding them in the inventory to read about, especially if you didn't catch the name on pickup, is annoying. More so with dlc.

If I did catch the name it's quicker to google on the phone than it is to find and read the description.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Those little shits. Splatting them is satisfaction guaranteed.

I've been parried by the skeltals too but by the time I usually go down there the damage isn't bad.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

That just makes me want to watch it

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Lol that one snakeman in Sens just got in the cage with me. I'm slashing at him with my Uchigatana, he's slashing at me with his massive sword nose to nose as we both get carried to the top. He only survived about half the journey but i got hurt for the laughing I was doing

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Whats the deal with Mildred down there anyways?
Trainee butcher? Seems like she should have a story but there is nothing much other than her gear and (lack of) clothing to go on.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Handling that change of pace and focus once one of them goes down was pretty jarring at first. You can relax quite a bit and have more time than it feels when it becomes 1v1. Great magic weapon helped me if its an option. That and a halberd. Maybe it was crystal. :) Good luck

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Dodging is the correct answer. If you have that stamina shield wear it on your back. A long weapon helps. He will do like a long jumping attack. Not the quick burst ones, stay the gently caress away from them.

He recovers after the big jump and you can heavy attack him and bait it out again. Even when he powers up same thing works. I think i used a halberd and just chip chip away.

This sounds silly but cover up the end of his health bar with a ruler or stack of discs or something. I liked knowing he was under 25% but from there seeing him close to death made me play worse. Not being able to stress about that kept me calmer and, eventually, kept him dead :D

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Getting Artorias is always a thing. Don't matter how many times you've done it...if you're doing it again better hope you already got gud

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

And maintain said gud-ness for what always seems like forever but is actualy what 3 to 5 mins?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Gravelord sword is totally worth that covenant all on its own imo

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

After doing it alone I hang out and get summoned by others. And on the following runs I'll summon people cos it's a sunbro thing and they need those medals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

5 hours killin and illin

75 hours praising the motherfuckin sun.

Any other explanation is balls

• Locked thread