Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But Not Tonight posted:

gently caress I am so excited for this game Tuesday why won't you just get here already goddamnit.

my local non-chain game store said they will have it this friday for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ireladd posted:

I just thought it a little odd he wouldn't buy from me, but I get his reasoning too.

Here's the store: http://www.yelp.com/biz/game-play-los-angeles

That store is actually owned by my friend

I just got back and have a copy of my very own :3

They have a second location in long beach on spring st if that is closer.
Tell them Kat sent you, it may give you a discount

they have 5 left and will get more tomorrow

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do i kick or jump attack? Left stick+r1 or r2 just do normal sword swings

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im hoping my previous message wasnt missed but is there a trick to kicking or jump attacking? The game says Lstick+r1 and r2

That just does normal attacks for me, what am i missing?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any tips for backstabbing? It feels like i cant be more than 2 degrees off the perfect rear. Can all weapons backstab?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel ashamed. Im a knight and I keep getting my poo poo kicked in by the packs of 2 skeletons in the graveyard before the catacombs.

I can kill them but it takes too much work and too many potions.

What is the easy way to kill them?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How can i tell what stats I need to effectively use a weapon? I have a zweihander and spear that i would like to use

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crowbear posted:

Gonna have to cross that bridge :)

yep should be familiar if you played demon souls. You gotta sprint, you may get lit up but you wont die

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of different people are stating that you must attack the armored boar in the head in order to get his helm. I backstabbed him exclusively and got the helm.

The future press strategy guide states that it is a random drop.

Don't worry if you miss it, you can get it later and its not that great

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funkmaster General posted:

Dexterity is used for dodging, not endurance.

not exactly. you get an enhanced dodge based on your max encumbrance compared to how much you have equipped.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

!amicable posted:

Does the knight with the large club in the bottom of the tower in the Undead Burg drop anything cool or guard anything interesting? I don't know if I want to keep trying to kill him.

Also, are there any decent soul farming places that you can do early in the game?

he drops a ring that gives +50% max encumbrance. If your current encumbrance is 25% of your max you get access to a much better roll

Its not that much but its helpful to use the shortcut ladder from the undead burg up to where the bridge dragon is.
Run out in the bridge and run down the stairs. The dragon will roast the skeletons and you get 300 souls. If you go up the stairs with your shield raised the spear skeletons will not attack you

Flanky posted:

As an aside, I wanted to ask people with Future Press guides: Did the pages on yours come slightly wavy? I got mine from Gamestop and it looked fine in the store, but after taking off the shrink wrap I noticed this, in addition to what looks like a dried wet spot on one of the later pages. I suspect some douche employee at store used it and resealed it, but I fear they might not let me return it since I have no way of proving it wasn't me.

Mine had wavy pages. It's the paper and will fix itself if you flip through it and leave the book open halfway. The pages seem to flatten themselves out and the ink finally dries.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 6, 2011

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what are the max stats you need to learn every spell and equip everything? Is there anything over 50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peppi posted:

I did Havel before leveling any stats on my thief and didn't have any problems with him, but now I can't beat Capra at lvl 28 :argh:

Havel is pretty silly once you figure out that everything will miss when you circle to the left

• Locked thread