Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a total noob at Dark Souls and got through partway of Demon's Souls. I just lost 10 humanity in the most bullshit way possible. Is this viable grounds to get really loving angry and throw a controller? I still don't really know what humanity does, but thought that having 10 of it was pretty impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So what does humanity really do then?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Krinkle posted:

two questions:
why is every single talisman worse than the starting cleric talisman? Even the sunlight talisman?

I need exactly one chunk of white titanite. what drops it? everything in giants tomb, or only the casters close to the boss gate that look like pinwheel

I think you can get a white titanite by trading the rubbish to that crow, right?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've been having a lot more of a blast with this game than Demon's Souls. I sat on Demon's Souls for months, barely even beating any bosses. This one seems to have just so many more bosses and minibosses and each time I beat one I feel like a total badass. :black101: Killed Hydra last night, and Sif, and Havel. It was a good evening!

edit: I do like seeing this game as a 3D Metroidvania after a goon mentioned it a few pages ago. It's a nice warm fuzzy feeling when I consider it like that, given how many times 3D gameplay has been applied to classic 2D properties and failed.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good to hear about the fix coming to matching conditions. I have barely done any invading or summoning/being summoned at all, so I really am curious about this: If I'm around soul level 48, what bosses do you think I'd have best results trying to be summoned for? Iron Golem or something like that?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
While on the subject of the wikis, which one is THE wiki? Because there are about 3. I've been going to the wikidot one.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any word on what element the explosions made by the Stray Demon and Demon Firesage are? I kinda wanna think they're fire element, but I still take a crapload of damage blocking them with my dragon shield.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DarkArchimedes posted:

They seem to blast through any shield. Your best bet is to get behind them and step back a bit. Their bodies will block the explosions, and you can go poke them in the butt a bit as the attack cools down.

Awesome. I guess I"ll just have to stick and move instead of tanking. As a habit, I usually try to tank everything the first time I fight it. Also, is it possible to ever get better than lightning or fire weapons? The other option is stat-scaling stuff, but do I need somewhere around 40+ in a stat to beat out lightning and fire damage?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in NG+ right now, if I bring myself to SL120, are there a lot of people co-oping at that level? I know it's a sweet spot for PVP, but what about co-op?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just got prepare to die but it's been months since I've picked up my faith/dex Balder Side Sword with sunlight blade build. I'm a little more interested in starting something new. Any recommendations for a build that uses sorceries?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like the DEX/INT idea. I guess my Side Sword build got me to love DEX over STR. Magic katana sounds pretty cool, so I'm looking forward to this. Thanks!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I went three playthroughs in a row on my dex/faith build and got really confident. But starting over on this dex/int build has returned a healthy level of fear to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fudge Handsome posted:

Tomb of the Giants is an awful, awful place. It's perfectly Dark Souls.

Especially when somebody has Gravelorded some cute, cuddly, four-legged skeletons for you. :allears:

• Locked thread