Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
http://goo.gl/1BQI7

I am so psyched for this game. I was trying to avoid spoilers, but I broke down and watched a little of the IGN marathon. Tuesday's gonna be awesome, but too bad I have an exam on Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
First death was me trying to make a jump to reach an item. I didn't die at all during the tutorial.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
If you're used to demon's souls, the enemies in this game will throw you off. I'm still not used to how enemies turn toward you as they're swinging down their attack. Bosses do this too, and it's just brutal for me.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Is it possible to trade items? I hate the fact that some of the bosses have rare drops that you can't possibly try again at until ng+.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
I bought this game at launch, but I really haven't been able to play it till now. Manually walking up the big tree from the ash lake wasn't so bad, except for this one little part at the middle where I just can't take that little step to the little platform connecting 2 paths. I died once there, then had to cheese it by attempting a precarious jump. I made it back ok, but has anyone else had problems navigating back up the tree?

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
I'm getting a little tired of people invading my game. I was in Anor Londo at the church when I get the message that he invaded, it turned out to be some guy with some type of lightning weapon. Luckily I had the Eagle's Shield out, but it seemed like he had a ton of stamina or something because he could swing what looked like a heavy sword 6 or 7 times. I have enough problems trying to deal with normal enemies, how do you juggle both? This is the third time in a row I've died to an invader too :smith:

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
I had a good one underneath the bridge with the dragon. I was in the process of hitting the dragon to get him to kill the enemies on the bridge, when I got the invaded message, and almost immediately afterward the message saying that the invader was vanquished. I bet he wasn't expecting the dragon like that haha.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Ash Lake reminds me a lot of Majora's Mask when the giants are speaking to you. It seems dreamy and detached from everything else (especially the swamps). Even the journey down there is breathtaking. The Great Hollow puts the deku tree to shame in my opinion

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Is it possible to go back to Sen's Fortress without beating Anor Londo first?

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Any hints on how to prepare for tackling the New Londo Ruins? I really don't want to go through there with half health, and I'm wary of using items to hit them. I haven't used Sif's soul yet, so I'm thinking about making the cursed Artorias greatsword. The problem with that is I don't have the int and faith to wield it yet.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
I had just beaten Seath the Scaleless and warped back to Firelink Shrine, when my ps3 shut off and gave off 3 beeps. That's the YLOD right? Luckily it still starts up, but it happens whenever I start any game.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
It's so frustrating that my ps3 is on it's last leg, I want to hurry up and finish my first playthrough :(. My replacement should be here this week though so I can transfer my stuff before my ps3 dies for good.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
You can move copy protected stuff from one ps3 to another as long as both are working right? My ps3 can still access the menu just fine, it's just when I start up a game when it crashes.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Whelp, some good news and bad news. Good news is my ps3 arrived. Bad news is, my current one won't turn on, so I can't transfer the saves. :negative:

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

casual poster posted:

Anyone able to help a SL125 get seath's tail? I just can't get him at the right angle!

I was able to do it around level 90, all I did was trigger one of his breath attacks, run around to the left, then hit the tail as it swung my way. When he starts slamming his tail down, try to remember where it hits last, be there and try to hit it then.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

EC posted:

I'm sorry I let you die "PJMcROCK1337" but you jumped down a hole filled with curse frogs, which was kind of dumb. Why didn't you just chill out and let me magic them to death? Also, why did you summon me to play through the whole level?

I hate it when people do that, I was helping this one person fight Seath, and he just sat back and let me kill the beast for him. I even got the tail for him.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

In that situation I stand right next to the person and die with him, or at least make the boss fire on his location.

This is Dark Souls, gently caress you, you ain't coasting along on someone else's work.

I would have done that, but I needed that last one to lower the requirements enough to join sunbro's covenant.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
I'm trying to farm the ghost blade from the female ghosts, but it just isn't dropping. Anyone want to trade? I'm on the ps3. Also, I'm not sure what to do with my character, she's at level 110 with 40 vit, 14 attune, 44 end, 36 str, 20 dex, 10 res, 15 int, and 12 faith. I'm wielding the black knight great axe and black knight armor.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

ivantod posted:

I have loads of them, can give it to you if you like (my char is Lv 118 so should be in range). Where do you want to meet? My PSN user is IvanTod3.

Is firelink to the left of the serpent good? My psn is the same as my forum name.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Less Fat Luke posted:

Make sure you're wearing the Covetous Serpent Ring from Sen's.

Yep, I'm wearing the ring and have 9 liquid humanity on me. It doesn't help that there's only 2 female ghosts I can get to reliably.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Azruelli posted:

I killed the heart of the Bed of Chaos which managed to one shot me at the same time, I was laughing too hard as the message on screen went from "YOU DIED" to "YOU ARE VICTORIOUS."

Something like this happened during my NG playthrough with the asylum demon the second time, and I didn't get the titanite slab that he drops because of it. :(

Owned him in NG+ though.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
After a broken PS3, and doing ng++, I've finally platinumed this game. It's amazing how fast you can go through this game when you know the layout. I rang the 2 bells and got through Anor Londo to make the 2 last items I needed in about 3 hours.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Hmm, ah well, if I don't get it I don't get it. Ofc this is more of a "I wish the game had more than a grand total of three guaranteed halberds" and that some of the rare ones didn't weigh like ten tons, but these might be my biases showing :v:

If you absolutely must have it, you can farm the item from the bell tower gargoyles by killing only one of them to see if it drops. If it doesn't, die, come back, and try again. As far as I know, the boar's head and the sack are the only 2 items that are limited rare drops.

TheAsterite fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 8, 2012

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

EC posted:

I actually haven't tried, but I thought I remembered reading that it won't work in NG+ because he heals so often. I did remember to finally pick up the Dragonslayer Bow, though, so I might just spent some souls on a bunch of arrows and try that.

You can get it on ng+. I used the dragonslayer bow to get it. The tail is a small portion of his health so I don't think it starts healing before the tail is chopped off.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Speaking of poo poo on bookcases in the Archives, how the hell do I get to that chest?

I'm pretty sure that's the chest where I had to jump off the bottom of the staicass after turning it to get to it.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Can you only get the Shotel once? I'm on NG++ and I've only gotten it once from him.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

EC posted:

Isn't it on a body in Sen's? I'm thinking it's off the first boulder ramp you get too, but I might be wrong.

Wow, I feel dumb, for some reason I was thinking Lautrec dropped it.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

SixtySix posted:

where do I buy this loving art book

why does From make it hard to give them all of the money

The book that came with the pre-orders? It's not that great to be honest.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Has there been any info about how the pc port is going to be? Last I checked it was going to be locked at 30 fps and 720p which is a deal breaker for me.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Veev posted:

It'll at least run as well as it does on the consoles, which means you'll still probably want to skip blight town.

Yeah, but I already have the ps3 version. I'd want a pc version because of the fact it should run better. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Maremidon posted:

I wish they'd made that easier to do. You focus on a limb and end up lopping it off. Do you get a special weapon like with dragons? Hahaha, no, gently caress you.

Although the ring drops early I think. If you're quick enough to equip it, it can really help in the fight. I know, not much. I do wish you got something extra for it though.

• Locked thread