Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

It's pathetic but I stopped by Frys on the way to work just on the tiny tiny chance they broke street date. No go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

No stores in SD breaking date? Not that LA is that long of a drive..

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I thought the key gift wasn't consumable? If it isn't why would you want two?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I liked most of the characters in demon's souls. The repeating voice clips somehow stayed endearing "so the world might be mended." Well except for stupid disappearing Ostrava who always gets stabbed. I never did the assassin quest.

Man I hope Amazon ships the pre order via ontrac. I dunno who ontrac is but they always show up on schedule and before 9am.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Goddamn, do pyromancers ever become worthwhile to play? This lobbed half rear end firebomb thing sucks.

Since pyro doesn't scale with int it looks like its more for adding some magic to a warrior without needing to divert a lot of stats. With my pyro I haven't put any points into anything besides melee skils and I just look at the fire spell as 8 free fire bombs every time I hit up a camp. Dunno if it gets better later.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I might've gone too heavy on endurance too fast. When I wasn't certain where to put my stats I got my endurance to 26 and now my str/dex is only 12/13 and I hit pretty weakly at sl20 with a +3 spear.

I've been trying to kill the guy in the lowest part of the locked tower just before the first boss and he obliterates me with his giant dong weapon.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Any good grinding spots early on (beat the first two bosses)? I need a couple levels of dex and I can't find anything better than letting the dragon roast the bridge guys over and over. The tree guys are worth 100xp a pop but they are damned annoying to fight.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Wow if there was a way to skip Blighttown I would. This just sucks

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Anyone playing magic heavy? At first I thought pyro was pretty weak but now that I have a +7 pyro hand and some new spells I'm starting to dig it. It still seems like there's no way to go all out magic with little melee like DS.

Also a big tip for blight town: ignore your souls. Spend em before you get there and once you arrive you are on a mission and gently caress your corpse. Suicide runs for gear, suicide runs to explore the swamp, and suicide runs to kill those blow pipe guys (they don't respawn) and the place becomes much more reasonable.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

How far do you have to boost your str or dex to make non-elemental weapons as strong as elemental ones? At 22 dex nothing is anywhere close to my lightning spear even upgraded. Makes it a lot easier for hybrid characters as you really aren't losing much by having fairly low str/dex. At this point I'm kinda regretting the 22dex.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

potaties posted:

Is there anyone around soul level 36 that wants to try and help me kill the Stray Demon? I'm having a few issues

I was stuck there for a while till I realized staying behind him is the absolute most important thing. It's easier to do if you don't lock on. Run behind him and he'll keep circling but eventually calm down and start blasting walls. If you are near him when he does it you'll still get hit. So run in and stab him between blasts. Alternatively, if you have any sort of ranged magic you can stay at range behind him and blast away

On another note. The ascended light shield is crazy. It doesn't block 100% physical and actually kinda sucks for the amount of stamina each block consumes but you can throw it with parry and the damage scales off your weapon in your right hand. My upgraded pyro must have some kinda crazy value because with my pyro hand out it hits for 800-900. It hits the durability but no where near as bad as the wyrm sword. I'm running through levels mostly with pyro magic and the shield now.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I think I waited too long to join the forest covenant. I'm lvl 69 and haven't been summoned once with the ring on in hours. Booo. The fog ring is pretty key for invading I think.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I summoned some help before the 2 archers (lotta signs back near the gargoyle) and with extra targets 2 of us made it through. Unfortunately, I didn't realize you can't kindle flames while you have phantoms around. Sorry guy! *boot*

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is there really any upgrade from Stone or Havel's armor? Even upgrading with expensive twinkling titanite I don't really see anything that's a significant upgrade.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Bah why does all the decent stats good looking armor require twinking titanite for upgrades? I was trying to avoid looking like a fat metal man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Are there more viable builds now? I haven't played since release but it seemed like everyone was going lightning weapons and pyro since stat scaling was stepped way down from demons souls.

• Locked thread