Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Is Thief and riposte a viable build this time or will I regret trying again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Samurai Sanders posted:

Aw man, I had been working on that boss for hours with no success. That fireball thing it does, I can block it if I know which direction it is coming from, but I can never tell. There isn't any way to do a falling attack on it is there?

You have to stay behind it at all times and not use the targeting system because strafing is too slow.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

signalnoise posted:

About how much of the game would you say I've seen, as a percentage? Please say like 10%.

If you haven't even touched the depths yet, you're more like 7%

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
So I got myself stuck in the painted world with absolutely no desire to be there. Whats the easiest path out?

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
I was really nervous about taking on the O&S fight at the end of Anor Londo from all the chat in the thread on how miserable it is.

Then I one-shot the fight with Soltaire. :thumbsup:

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
I just finished Tomb of the Giants after having an especially punishing time with the skeleton beasts loving to break my shield with their spasm attack. Using the black knight sword +3 and eagle shield wasn't doing too much to help.

Then my strength hit 50.

Dragon Greatsword in one hand, Greatshield of Artorias in the other means you can stagger lock about anything so they never get a chance to attack and when they do you can block it with 88 stability. Made the last part of TotG a total cakewalk.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Anyone that doesn't use the Greatshield of Artorias is missing the ability to block the taurus demons in demons ruins hits with only 1/20th of their stamina bar. Playing this game with an 88 stability shield almost takes the fun out of it. Strength characters only shine once they hit 50 strength but once they do they become an untouchable death machine dealing enough damage to stagger bosses.

Also I don't care if its not the best armor. I will never take off the orenstein chest piece cause its rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Brace posted:

Eagle Shield actually has as much stability has Havel's if you upgrade it to +15, which makes it fairly ridiculous because it only weighs 6 units.

Its ugly. Dark souls is more than an rpg. Its a fashion simulator.

• Locked thread