Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?
I'm currently at SL 18 (began as hunter) and I'm really wondering where to put my stat points. Should I boost my vit / end (16 and 14) or boost my attunement and faith so that I can pick up a healing spell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Wow the gaping dragon is giving me a ton of problems, I've been trying to beat him since last night and finally managed to summon some help. At the end of the fight he grabs me and does that thing where he squeezes me in his ribs... Anything I can do to avoid this?

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Welp suckered in another adventurer as clueless as I and we managed to take him pretty easily, only got hit once. Thanks for the tips.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

I've never actually figured this out, but is there a way to set items on the quickslot use? In other news, gently caress toxicity and gently caress blighttown. (down on dpad)

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

RedTonic posted:

You mean the little foursquare HUD in the bottom left of the screen? Yes. Go into your equip menu; on the upper right half, you can select several items to use in your quickslots without entering the menu. :)

Thanks, it was staring right in front of me this whole time :ughh:

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

I've just rung the second bell, is there a quick way out of blighttown or do I need to backtrack the whole way through? (I assume I'm not to go through the demon altar place)

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Solomonic posted:

Yeah, I'm in NG+ now. The trip down past Quelaag is great the first time because at this point you're so far beyond the point of "how much further down does this go?!" and then you come out on the Demon Ruins and, at least for me, there was a distinct feeling of "Man, maybe I shouldn't be here" more than anywhere else in the game (although Tomb of the Giants probably would've gotten the same effect if I had explored there pre-Lordvessel).

I felt the exact same way when I first arrived in the Demon Ruins, then I found out about the gold-hemmed robes and it didn't matter :v:

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

gravyflood posted:

Is it possible to join the Chaos Servant covenant, then leave it and abscond with the pyromancies in tow?

...and any other covenant-granted spells, I guess? :v:

For this covenant it's possible, getting the egg thing and then talking to her servant will give you the option to buy a few other unique pyros as well.

I think Warriors of the Sunlight are the only covenant that lock some spells if you betray?

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

I'm using the shotel, should ascend it to a Lightning shotel, or make Quelaag's fury sword out of it? Also, what's are the gimmicks behind the Chaos Blade and Astoria's Straight Sword?

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yes. I killed all that is required, it took me 67 hours, but i did it. I laid all before me to waste, I am victorio-

What the gently caress Frampt? wake up rear end in a top hat, trying to save the world here!

Is there any consistent way to wake his rear end up? I found that going to the asylum and back worked, but i wonder if that was just a random occurence.

Unequip weapon and punch him w nonpyro fist

Edit: :argh:

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Is Astora's Straight Sword a decent weapon to level up and use, or is the "magic" damage largely useless for most things?

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

I just beat the Iron Golem and I'm really looking for something with a little more punch than a drake sword or a lightning spear at the moment and I'm basically drawing a blank.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Oh ya the lightning spear is def meeting my killing needs at this point in time, but I'm kind of wondering about my acquired boss souls and what I should be aiming for when I get to the next smith.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Drox posted:

Okay, I changed my mind. Anor Londo is dumb. There's the stairs I came from, a path that ends in an orange door, a bonfire with a keeper that tells me to go straight forward to get a "revelation" and a revelation that is apparently a dead end with a gargoyle. What?

You have not even scratched the surface, wait until you get to the ledge with the black knight snipers, that is the frustrating essence of Anor Londo distilled into one brief section.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Drox posted:

I take frustrating enemies more than I can take running around in circles and not seeing any way to progress. :( At least if something keeps killing me, I know that I should try to kill it back and go wherever was behind it.

After defeating te gargoyle, turn around and face the chamber that houses the corkscrew elevator that brought you down, look to the right. You will notice a church, take note of the narrow stone bridges leading to it. Run back to the corkscrew chamber and drop down the right side, run under and to the left, circle around the chamber and grab the chest. Next, make your way up one of those black narrow stone paths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Just saw my first(!) invasion while helping someone with Iron Golem. Poor guy spawns in to see two phantoms in full Havel's gear then proceeds to die in two hits from my Furysword :(

• Locked thread