Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

So far this is my favourite AI tactic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPnz5MHsvP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Has anyone got the Eye of Death work for them? The whole Gravelord covenant seems hosed.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

RBA Starblade posted:

No, but I think it works like a soapstone. You must be human, you can't place it near a bonfire, if you leave an area it disappears, if you die it disappears, if you turn the console off it disappears. The miracle is kind of bad too. The casting times takes a good while and the damage isn't that great for what it is. You'd think for a 2 use AOE it'd cast faster.

NoneSuch posted:

Yup, it's bugged to hell or simply not fully implanted. I hear there's supposed to be a special orb, which works is like a red eye stone, you lay down to infect other worlds. The eye things merely increase your chance to get invaded and aren't anything to do with the world infecting bit.

So far I've had no success with the Eye of Death really except offering them. I gave my first set to Nito and then realised I was supposed to use them to gain more of them, so I spent a few hours getting a bunch of humanity and the covetous serpent ring for 325~ drop rate and it still took me a long time to get 5 of them.

I used one in the Darkroot forest past the Artorias crest door and got both a black phantom invader and a red-glowing invader who I assumed was one of the forest covenant. Tried using one each in the Depths and Catacombs as well and waiting a long time but all I get is the black smoke around my character. I wish there was a notification of some sort if it even succeeded in connecting to other players. I want to do it though eventually even if it's not as rewarding as the Gravelord sword for joining the covenant.

Also is there any alternative way to get the Bottomless Box? I took a really backward-rear end route through this game and got to Blightown from behind and never visited the Depths until level 50 or so, and the merchant has never appeared for me down there.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

so the character creator for this is pretty cool and robust and oh gOD WH-

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Turbo button on generate random face with all sliders maxed, I'm trimming a video down to show it.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

here you go, you didn't feel like sleeping anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mCb8nZxg2M

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

re: Lautrec I killed him in Anor Londo and then gave the Firekeeper soul to the Anor Londo firekeeper, was that a unique one to the Firelink keeper or can I revive her with any firekeeper soul, I think I hosed up.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

w/e all will be resolved in NG++

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Sir Arthur: a spear, a short-sword, soul arrows, firebombs, and a crossbow, knight/elite knight armor set, no armor while hollow. Play the Ghosts & Goblins music on loop for the whole run.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Requested_Username posted:

I don't get why the Gravelord covenant gets such a bad rep, it seems like a really fun way to gently caress with other players. Using an item that makes the enemies harder in 3 different players' worlds? Getting half their souls if they die to said enemies? Encouraging enemies to invade you giving you home turf advantage? Sounds like fun to me.

because it doesn't work.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

holy poo poo shiva impersonation is so stupid how does it work.

I'm doing it in NG++ and people are falling for it for longer than they should, come see. here.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

someone invaded me just now in tomb of the giants using the dragon head glitch to use some item to constantly force me to stumble backwards and was slowly guiding me towards a cliff and I couldn't do anything about it, I wish I had thought of this.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

TheLastRoboKy posted:

TheBrett was doing that in The Depths a few days ago, pushing people into curse frogs (or trying to at least). Apparently it's using the body roar with the head glitch to create a hilarious stumble-field.

that's what I thought, but my invader wasn't wearing anything but the dragon head, in any case I let him push me to the edge then reset my console to no consequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

hello i'm going to be cool like waspinator and stream my NG++ char.

http://www.justin.tv/hehu42

• Locked thread