Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

bleep posted:

Giant Bomb uploaded an 85 minute quick look if anyone wants to see more gameplay.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

Using spoilers to be safe but it was great how the guy was looking down at the first boss talking then it just flew up to him and knocked him the gently caress down. Good to see that they are getting some moves that will catch some people unaware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Whelp first time playing this game, and my god is everyone right that it is tough. Trying to go through as cautious as I can but even then the game manages to keep me on my toes with clever enemies. Death or near death is definitely a great teacher since already any time I see glowy loot I have to look around everywhere just to make sure nothing drops on to my head to eat and or incinerate me.

The first real boss also taught me that you have to be a bit ballsy sometimes as I had to run through an undead gauntlet to get to it, leaving the enemies behind. Manage to finally beat the drat thing being really low on health with no healing items, or magic. Then I realized that the only way back down was through a horde of fast swinging dudes at the bottom of a ladder. Seeing this I sucked it up and did the most :black101: thing I could do at the time, jumped off the ladder into the group slashing on the way down. I managed to one shot about 2/3 of the group and cleaned up the rest carefully. Felt like a total bad rear end pulling that off, and living to tell the tail (at least until the next time I died, god drat skeletons).

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Well, that was weird. I was walking in firelink shrine where the small pool of water is, and then something started snoring and the subtitles popped up transcribing the sounds of the snoring :stare:

Pretty sure it's the giant raven right above the area there.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

As far as the boss goes, surviving the initial assault and killing the dogs is honestly the hard part of that fight. Once the dogs are dead, lead him up the stairs then jump down, he week leap off after you and be stuff for a second when he his the ground. Attack him a few times then repeat.

Yea that seems to be the hardest part for me as soon as I try and get any distance hit by a dog, big guys catches up takes me out in 2 hits. I'm assuming that means I need to level up some more, but god drat is that boss annoying since it seems like if I try to roll as he's attacking the drat thing follows me and hits me anyway.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Ughhh really need help with that dog boss guy. It seems that no matter what I do I'm interrupted by the dogs before I can dodge and get hit for half my health. I tried to go up the stairs, but the guy followed me. It's just too much pressure for me. I'm level 19 at the moment so am I under leveled, or do I just need to get into position and somehow kill the dogs.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Pandanaut posted:

I just helped two people beat Capra Demon and got two thank you messages. :3:

I'll happily help anyone destroy that fucker.

Yea finally managed to beat that thing solo. Anyone who helps out on that thing deserves all the thank yous that can be sent.

rizuhbull posted:

Anyone know any places to farm lots of souls quickly?

I've been doing a run of the undead parish where the channeler is and it nets me close to 1k souls a run, but is a little bit time consuming due to the knights being jumpy..

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Just got invaded for the first time, and was unlucky in that there was a rather pesky giant rat trying to gnaw me to death while the phantom swung at me. Very satisfying to actually kill him, and net 5k souls/humanity in the process.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Whelp blighttown is being a pain in the rear end for me. Lost over 20k souls on the way in, and now I am trying to find a way out so I can get some titanite shards to level up my equipment. Is there anyway back to the firelink shrine or am I pretty much screwed. I am at the bottom of the swamp at the bonfire before the giantspider lady boss.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

So I just upgraded my battle ax to a raw battle ax. Is that something I should have avoided, or is that a good thing to have done. Also god bless that maneater mildred bot as she tanked the hell out of the giant flaming spider for me.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Volitaire posted:

Yea really loving rarely and they're a bitch to kill. I really wanted to farm Twinklings because I wasted a bunch upgrading a not very good armor set, but after 30 min and only finding one TT I decided it wasn't worth it.

Do you have the serpents ring that increases the drop rate?

On my end finally got to the bonfire in Sen's Fortress as well as activating the shortcut. gently caress those tiny ledges and swinging blades. Now at least I wont be worrying about my lack of video game depth perception with them anymore.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Literally the only real perk is summoning someone.

There's also the increased item find rate, but that becomes irrelevant once you get a certain ring.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Can anyone give me advice on how to beat the 2 silver knights in andor londo right before getting into the interior. When I try to get close to one the other shoots me in the back, and even if I close to the one nearest to the entrance it just shoots me off the ledge. I don't really do much ranged, and this part is just frustrating the hell out of me.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

G.I. Jaw posted:

Shield up and charge the hell out of the one on the left. He's standing on a ramp that if you run down, the archer on the right will not be able to hit you. It's a very narrow area to fight in though so you have to be careful and make sure to never put your back to the edge or he'll knock you off.

Afterwards just go beat up the one on the right. The good news is, there's a bonfire immediately after them, and a shortcut past them opens up later so you don't have to go through that crap again if you die.

I've been trying this, but the other knight just shoots me from behind. Guess it's time to learn to roll better.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Here's what I did, go light enough to have the fastest sprint and roll available. Run all the way to the left one and hope you get hit just before you reach him. If you do your body should fall near the knight , he'll go into melee and take a swing, but since you are still recovering he'll miss and fall trough the hole. Turn around and move to the one on the right rolling as the arrow is about to hit you. Close up and fight him in the corner just before you reach the ledge where he was standing.

Did this but tried the right side first, and it worked out fine. Thanks to everyone who gave advice, but seriously gently caress that part 2 guys shooting giant lances at you from both sides on a small ledge was not fun at all.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Gonna hang out near S&O with a sign up right near the fog door for a bit in case anyone wants to attempt it. Using my brother's gamer tag UknowwhatUR and am a level 54 pyromancer that's probably wearing the wrong/lovely armor so I'll try and tank the best I can.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Finally beat S&O but had to use a lot of humanity to summon some phantoms to help. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for accidentally rolling into the but stomps instead of away from them.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

You may need to return the game :smug:

Seriously though if you're on the boss, don't feel bad, that is pretty much the hardest boss in the game minus possibly the four kings. The true dark souls does indeed start there.

I'm assuming he's on the part with The 2 silver knights shooting loving lances at you while you try and go up small walkways with fall deaths. The way they are set up is that if you try and go for one unless you get really close they'll both have angles to shoot you resulting in getting hit in the back and dying horribly when you get hit again when you get up. gently caress that part, seriously.

Krinkle posted:

do divine weapons even gently caress up lito's skeletons?

yes

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Just got through the forest, and killed sif. Wasn't to hard, but then again I was probably really over leveled for the fight. Felt a little bad killing him when he was essentially limping around. They did a really good job on that, but I heard it was possible to spare him is there something required to do so?

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Dizz posted:

I finally caved and bought the game. I never played Demon Souls so this will be completely blind for me. Is there anything I need to take note of before playing other than being disgustingly careful?

Every treasure chest is your friend.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

Haha finally on to ng+ and a bit disappointed with the final boss even though it was a nail biter of a fight. Hard boss, but it just feels so bland in terms of attacks for someone who is supposed to be comparable with zues. Unless I just got lucky and he did not throw any of those lightning bolts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

EC posted:

Have you ever been in that basement in the Painted World where they hang out? Have you ever watched, helpless, as two or even three banged on your shield, draining your stamina faster than you thought possible? Have you ever died, losing who knows how much humanity and souls, because you dropped in the wrong spot while headed to Pinwheel?

There is no cheating in this game.

Today I learned that with a spear you can block and attack the wheels making them really easy to deal with assuming you can get them 1 at a time. Aside from that yea they can go straight to hell.

• Locked thread