Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Nigulus Rex posted:

I started the game as a sorcerer, and just beat the dragon boss in the tutorial (pretty easy) and I haven't been able to use my spell. How do I use it/when am I able to?

I started as a Pyromancer and got a "hand of flame" or whatever it was called right before the Asylum Demon, which let me use my Fireball spell. I would think they'd make sure you had all your basic equipment before letting you leave the Asylum, but maybe not? (I'm assuming you're talking about the Asylum as the tutorial?)

Also, I'm just kind of sitting around grinding up souls in the Undead Burg to get some basic equipment like the Key, Repair Kit, and a Heater Shield. 5000 souls is a lot of money when most kills only get 20 or 30 souls, and that's before possibly getting a couple levels. :( At least it's really easy to make everything respawn, and I get to heal and top off the flask at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Nigulus Rex posted:

Well I don't know how to cast that spell. It's in the "up" slot on my d pad as default but I can't cast it (unless I'm doing it wrong?) I really could use some help...

You need the equipment first. I couldn't use it until I got the Hand of Fire or whatever, and when I equipped that it became usable. It's like the catalysts in Demon's Souls.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Capsaicin posted:

It's also from a publisher that is known for not sending out a huge amount of games to retailers. You don't really see stacks of Disgaea 4 and Devil Survivor sitting on shelves.

Why does everyone keep saying this? Atlus didn't publish Dark Souls (or Disgaea 4 for that matter, that was Nippon Ichi), they published Demon's Souls. If you want to bitch, bitch at Namco, they're the ones behind it this time.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Is there a more reliable way to kill the Black Knight in the Undead Burg, near the Blue Tearstone Ring? I'm playing a pyromancer so all I have is my Fireball spell and Hand Axe right now, and neither are particularly effective. I can get him about a third of the time if I catch him at the right time with a few fireballs, but more often than not I can't get more than two or three of them off before I get killed trying to heal. That fucker is 600 souls a pop, and levels are only about 700 or so souls right now, so I figured I'd try and get a little easy grinding done.

• Locked thread