Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
I wasn't interested in doing NG+ on my first character, so I made a new one. I'm going for a strength/faith sunbro with a hammer. What are the good hammer weapons and if I put divine/occult on it, would it remove the strength scaling and just go on faith or would it become a mix? Also what are the good miracles (for PvP preferably)? Lighting bolts are a given, but what else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
After finishing NG I made a gimmicky Castlevania style character (Fire Whip, miracles, throwing items, light armour etc) to PvP with.

I was getting pretty bummed out to start with because everytime I invaded I was just getting 3v1s, laggy fights where I get backstabbed across the room, SL 20s decked out in ridiculous equipment or all of the above. I also had some weird moment where I invaded on the bridge but my target was in the burg so I had no way of getting to him, I could just see health bars way off in the distance below me (eventually he died to something so I managed to get out).

I invaded the bridge again and had a look around, looked better than the previous glitchy invasion, some enemies had been killed! I get up to the boar area and my heart sinks as I see 3 of them inside the parish, not 3v1 again...

Instead in the ensuing fight I manage to toxic all 3 of them (dung pies are the best item), take out one of the phantoms only for the exact same guy to get summoned right back into the fight. I lead them back to the bridge hoping for some help from the hollows. The target is staying back so as to avoid setting off the dragon. Eventually after trading blows with the Moonlight Greatsword phantom, the target steps out too far and the dragon comes swooping over finishing off the MLGS phantom and almost killing me. With him out of the way I can take out the other 2 less well equipped guys. I move in and with a combination of toxic, throwing knives and flogging kill the other phantom (again). By this point the target has run out of moss to cure toxic and is getting desperate. He felt the sting of my whip and I felt like a god. 'Well! What is it?'

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

SixtySix posted:

OK, so I've found an interesting bug:

Started a new character to optimize mid level PvP, chose jubliant Catarina because why not?

As soon as the game started, it gave me two black knight swords and two red chunks. I was still in the first cell.

Got upstairs, Oscar was nowhere to be found. Quit and reloaded and his Estus and they key appeared.

OK! I'm interested to see what other weird loving treats this run through gives me :stare:

Did you bottomless box glitch that character? Sometimes character deaths carry over too so it carried over the deaths of some black knights who died instantly as the game started, giving you their loot as it usually does. Same thing for Oscar.

Is there any real difference between Fire and Lightning weapons in terms of damage? I have a level 20 character I want to PVP on, being so low I don't have the stats for any of the weapon buff spells/miracles so I was wondering which one would be better. Most people seem to use Lightning but is there a reason for that?

ArcticZombie fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 1, 2012

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

There's a guaranteed Great Club down in the swamp you know? (Unless there's another club I haven't found and that's what you mean.)

He does mean another club, the item 'Large Club' which is a rare drop from the ogre dudes. It's essentially the Great Club but with 1 less strength required + poison. I had to farm for one awhile back on my faith character, I think I ended up with about 60 dung pies before I got one. Of course sod's law means I ended up with about 5 of them from just traveling through there to get to the boss afterwards...

What SL are you SixtySix? I could give you one.

Also any SL1 guys out there on the Four Kings (or needs help with O&S) wanna team up? I just defeated O&S on my SL1 character, I'm not sure how well I'm going to do against the Kings though.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

SixtySix posted:

This character is level 36 right now, in Blighttown. I would trade you a Moonlight Greatsword for it RIGHT NOW

Closest I have to that is 30, I'm hoping that's close enough. Are you on PSN or XBL?

Sheep-Goats posted:

What exactly are the SL rules for invading via red eye orb?

I want to make a burg invader and want to know if I should aim for sl 1, 10, or 11.

How about assisting via white soapstone? I also wanna help people with their sl1 Four Kings problems.

I've gotten the most action in the burg on my SL1. SL10 skips over all the new guys in that area who haven't leveled up enough yet. I can invade every single person in the burg at SL1. No one is safe. You really have to get the best gear available to be effective. If someone ever invades ME, I know I'm in for a hard fight because he's guaranteed to be twinked out the arse.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I'm invading and getting slammed by people with clearly impossible items, I should've made that more clear.

I'm gonna hold back and start scraping together some nicer weapons. About when's a good time to go after the Moonlight Butterfly? I ignored him until about Sen's Fortress on my Sorceror, but I feel like I might need that Divine Ember sometime.

EDIT: For that matter everything in Darkroot, including the Forest Guardian covenant.

It's not that the gear is impossible to get without cheating, but unless you have it too you are pretty much hosed yeah. Getting PVP in this game against people who are in equipment relative to their level is almost impossible and I kind of feel bad when I invade someone when I have much better gear.

Nickoten posted:

Seriously? I never got that impression. It seems like Sif would be too easy after Anor Londo to be designed for that.

I found Sif to be much harder than O&S on my SL1 character, because I couldn't block anything. If you have the stamina and a good shield it is much easier though.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
Okay so I've been banging my head against the Four Kings for about 2 hours now. On the most recent attempt I notice there isn't 4 of them, but actually a seemingly infinite amount? I killed 3 of them, I'm on the 4th one taking my time a bit and another one spawns?! Then as I die yet another one spawned. I thought there was only meant to be 4 in total? I never saw this on any other character (probably because I killed them so quickly I was always only on 1 at a time). Is that normal?

EDIT: Of course right after posting this I absolutely smash them, killing the first 3 before the next spawned. A 5th did spawn right as I killed the 4th. At last, my SL1 can become a Darkwraith!

ArcticZombie fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 3, 2012

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
I think I've had more fun invading the burg in the last 3 hours than ever. Highlights included:

2v1 in the tower at the end of the level, I combo the phantom down to what must've been single digit hp, then the host arrives and I die in the clusterfuck in the small room. As they're gesturing and healing up over my body, the host is unaware Havel has been making his way up 5 flights of stairs, he nonchalantly strolls up behind him and with a big two handed overhead swing flattens him mid gesture. 'Target Destroyed' :smug:

Guy is buying stuff from the merchant, I'm standing up above him where the dragon lands the first time you come here, I throw a couple Dung Pies at him to toxic him. He doesn't have any blooming moss yet, he panics, trying to get to the bonfire only to find it fogged up. Instead of going after him I just make out like G-Man and stand in the distance, moving out of view whenever he saw me. I eventually get up to where the firebombers are and join them, launching firebombs down on to the bridge as he's trying to cross it. Unfortunately, at this point the guy pulled the plug.

I also found out that even if you have killed the Gargoyles, you can still invade the parish area by doing it on/under the bridge. This seems to count as a different zone even though it links right into the Parish via the portcullis under the dragon. Even when white soapstoning further up in the parish area, if you come too close to the bridge your sign will vanish, even though it's the same area.

SL1 invaders are the best!

Ledneh posted:

I wonder too if I've misallocated my stats or over leveled my faith guy.

SL 42
VIT 15
ATT 14
END 14
STR 16
DEX 14
RES 12
INT 10
FAI 30

Middle of Sen's Fortress.

For what it's worth, this is my co-op faith guy.

SL 30

VIT 15
ATT 12
END 10
STR 18
DEX 8
RED 11
INT 8
FAI 30

This is enough to 2 hand a Large Club for massive damage, have 2 spell slots and can cast Great Lightning Spear. Also has 55 poise, enough to not be staggered by most attacks, ensuring I will get the hit off with the Large Club. Can also medium roll still.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

BigLeafyTree posted:

The shields thing is true, there's not much that blocks lightning very well and the shields that do are either heavy as hell or really low stability. I was always curious if a build with Lightning weapons and Sunlight Blade would work if you just battered people and leaked damage through their shield. This goes for magic damage too, but not quite so much because there's Crest Shield and GMB and all that so it could be countered.

Be careful about being too predictable with your swings, or you're going to get parried (unless they're using a great shield). Speaking of parries, what's the timing for those in PvP? I know you have to do it roughly when they press the button to swing to account for the lag, but how about on attacks with a much longer start up? Such as the running spinning claymore attack. When do you do it in those cases? I get wrecked trying to parry the slower attacks.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

I got my Large Ember. What should I use it on? I assume save it for something good?

It doesn't work like that. You give the ember to Andre the blacksmith which gives him the ability to upgrade all normal weapons to +10. Just go give it to him.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

I'm thinking of running around with the Dragon Bone Fist and no clothing. Okay, maybe some light pants. And an offhand fist weapon. I need to get into the position to do that. This'll be a pain in the rear end.

I have a gimmick character who uses the Dragon Bone Fist. He has bright yellow hair and crimson robes and shroyukens people.

Cervixalot posted:

For some reason i'm a masochist, and rather than start NG+ like a normal person i've decided to see how far into a Level 1 playthrough I can get.

It's been kinda cool so far, just got to the Undead Parish and have a + 5 hand axe, + 3 heater shield and a combo of balder/leather armor. I've been able to down both black knights with pyromancy and backstabs.

Anyone successfully done a level 1 run that can offer any tips? What armor/rings should I be going for?

My level 1 character has finished Anor Londo and killed the Four Kings. I've not finished the game on him but I wasn't trying to, I just wanted a level 1 Darkwraith. I made him for PVP so he's got a Lightning Reinforced Club (although that axe is fine too), Grass Crest Shield and an Ascended Pyromancy Hand in the weapon slots. For armour he's rocking the Gargoyle Helm, Black Sorcerer Robe + Gloves and Hollow Soldier Waistcloth. For rings he got the Wolf Ring and the Ring of Favour. This gives him 55 poise (an important amount for PvP) whilst barely staying under 25% equip load (also important in PvP). The defence of the armour isn't great, but with currently 80 liquid humanity from Darkwraithing, it more than doubles the defence compared to 0 humanity. Besides, the aim at level 1 is simply to not get hit anyway, never try to actually block against an attack by the bosses or tough enemies. Dodge/parry everything.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

At that level wouldn't it be better to get the Flip ring over Favor? Then you could equip armor that's a bit heavier anyway, and you don't lose out on that much health if you're only level 1 (I assume you die in a hit regardless). Especially if you're trying to dodge everything, that flip dodge is amazing.

You would gain ~15 units of weight to play around with, but lose about a 'bar' of health and a bit of stamina (my build actually relies on the small increase in equip load it gives to be able to quick roll too). Whether you could fit in enough armour in 15 units to make that loss worth it I don't know. You never really die in 1 hit, usually 2. Taking a direct hit from the blade of the Four Kings' sword did kill me in 1 though (part of why it took 2 hours to beat them). The ring is the only way to claw back some ground against the higher level players I'm invading. Keep in mind this is a PvP build.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

What's up with people spamming aoe spells in PvP? Just got blown off a platform in Blighttown by a dude casting non stop God's wrath (the aoe shockwave) I think its called, I'd only just turned human too. :argh:

I'm not sure if you can rage at someone for doing this in Upper Blighttown, it totally makes sense to do it up there and I would do it too. I remember invading a guy in the forest, I would try to get to lure him to the NPCs to help me out, but he would just run down that little bit behind the stairs at the crest door to deaggro them. I saw what he was doing and just ran down there with him, using Force to blow him off the edge.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

EC posted:

Yes it does. I don't really mind that much, as the character that uses it has 16 DEX right now, and will only go up 5-10 more levels above that, maybe. I'm still trying to figure out if leveling to SL120 or so will keep me from invading people or getting summoned (although I have other Sunbro characters so whatever).

SL120 is what most PvP players aim for as the 'standard' level to PvP at. You won't have any trouble getting action at that level.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Count Chocula posted:

Got my Eagle Shield and Claymore both up to +5 in preparation for Sen's, but the Claymore is still weaker than the Drake Sword.

I think it took until about +8 or +9 for the Claymore to outdo the Drake Sword with minimum 1H stats for me? Once you get lightning on it though your damage will go through the roof.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

I wanted to try this on a second spell-based character but it basically makes a flip ring necessary doesn't it? If you're not using a shield you either need LOTS of VIT and END anyway to take hits or you just dodge absolutely everything and die every time you gently caress up. I wanted to make a mage/faith dude with the rings that increase magic/miracles so don't have too much room to mess around.

I've just started the gimmick Oswald character. I don't have the health to really take hits just yet so I get by mostly by dodging. Sure I can parry with my parrying dagger but it's difficult every time I come up against a new enemy I'm not sure on the timing to parry yet. I've just hit Sen's Fortress on him and I'm struggling. Parrying these lizards is difficult and Velka's Raiper is rear end for damage with my current stats outside of ripostes/backstabs. It was easier on my 2 handed STR guy because my large club would just kill them in 1/2 hits and stagger them everytime, not so with this lovely rapier and I don't have the space to dodge. I suppose is would be a bit easier if you were keeping your distance with spells though.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Zereth posted:

So I beat up the 4 Kings (although if I had done like 100 more damage to the first three it would've been the 3 Kings :laugh:) and now I'm a Darkwraith! With TWO Dark Hands because one of those losers in the no-longer-flooded seciton of the ruins dropped one.

... The hell do I do now?

If you skipped the Taurus Demon, then go to the burg and start invading people! Or The Painted World. Or the Forest. If all of those are unavailable to you then you're going to have to go somewhere more appropriate for your level. Apparantly they changed this in 1.05, you can invade places even if you have defeated the boss there. It's just the invadee has to not defeated them. Go hog wild in any of those places, they're the most popular.

e: ^^^^^ Of course get that Red Eye Orb first.

ArcticZombie fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 13, 2012

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

What's the deal with the PVP in this game? I got it last week and I just got to the gargoyles and it took me like 5 tries to get all the way to the fog gate and summon that golden knight guy without someone way better doing a phantom invasion. After I died twice and figured out what was going on I just started disconnecting them and reloaded until I could get through the gate without being killed. I'm not sure if I should have summoned some of the phantoms at the entrance, I was assuming they were probably trying to kill me too but I don't know how to tell. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if there's some trick to avoiding this since the game doesn't tell you much.

It is really fun otherwise though! Probably my favorite console game in a long time, though I'm sure I'm going to get pissed once I run into a really hard boss.

The White/Gold phantom signs you see are friendly. You summon them to help you co-op the area. There are some NPC ones which are generally right before the boss fog gates, ones put down by other players can be (almost) anywhere. Red/Blue phantoms are hostile, invasion by these guys is not voluntary on your part. You can avoid PvP by not becoming human, stay as a zombie (hollow). You can't be invaded whilst hollow, but you also can't summon the white/gold ones to help you.

There are 3 other types of signs like the white/gold ones. These are red, bony white and a dragon eye. Using one of them will take you to their world to fight them. They purposely want someone to invade them.

You'll learn more later about the different colours and what they mean.

ArcticZombie fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 14, 2012

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Read posted:

In an SL1 run you can use a max pyro flame + elemental weapon to entirely negate the damage portion of the SL1 run, can't do that in a no souls run.

Dunno how you'd be able to manage once all 4 kings showed up, since I assume you couldn't kill them quickly enough. Might be doable with tearstone + resin + power within though, like you said.

Start as Warrior, get the Lightning Spear from Sen's ASAP for the damage, then later on get the Crystal Halberd, 2 hand it and use Lightning Resins on it to kill the Four Kings. Add Tearstone + Power Within for extra damage if needed but I don't think you would need them. Obviously get the Ring of Favour. The 2nd ring slot is situational but I would probably use the Wolf Ring most of the time to avoid getting stunlocked. You can even get up to 55 poise if you combine it with the Gargoyle Helm + Hollow Soldier Waistcloth for really low weight.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Chard posted:

Help my build my SL1 invader!

On my SL1 invader I use this:

Ring of Favour and the Wolf Ring.

Gargoyle Helm, Black Sorcerer Robes + Gloves and Hollow Soldier Waistcloth

Reinforced Club and Crass Crest Shield. Also has Pyromancy Hand.

Enjoy 55 poise whilst being under 25% equip load.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

NoneSuch posted:

Doesn't that only really work for the first month or so at release? People just look up wikis after that, and any communication is minimal. I don't think the game would be lessened if they eased the player more into the start, it doesn't mean it has to become easier or dumbed down all the way through.

He says in a thread with 1150 pages of discussion.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

Plot question, what's so wrong with Dark? Is Fire what gives men its humanity? Because it seems to me the Undead curse is related to the Age of Fire and would be broken with the coming of the Age of Man/Dark. So, really, the Age of Fire is just benefitial to deities.

I think it's something like that, The Age of Fire is when Gods rule the world, they're clinging on to power, Gywn sacrificed himself to act as a power supply, unable to leave the Kiln. lighting bonfires and giving up Humanity to them gives him power, but it's not enough. He's getting weaker as time goes on (getting too old I guess?) and needs a replacement. Frampt betrayed the other Serpent, Kaathe, whose job it was to find someone to bring about the Age of Dark (where Men rule the world), instead he allied with the Gods and is trying to find a replacement for Gwyn. Kaathe tells you this. I'm not sure on the whole undead affair though, humans are decendents of the Pygmy, although only some are undead. Undead-ness is caused by the Dark Sign, but I'm not sure why YOU can hollow repeatedly without going mad and they go mad as soon as they hollow. But not all people go hostile when hollow as the merchants don't.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

...Laurentius has lieutenants? :psyduck:

I guess he means the 2 phantoms with Lautrec when you invade him in Anor Londo? Anyway I don't see what they have to do with upgrading the pyro flame. Shab, if you rescue the pyromancer guy from The Depths (if you haven't already done that), he will be at Firelink Shrine. Talk to him and get him to upgrade your flame. When it reaches +10 Quelana will appear in the Swamp, then you can use either her or him to get it to 15, at that point Quelana can ascend it to the stronger flame. I recommend not telling him about her when he asks, as then he will stay in Firelink and save you a trip to Blighttown when you want to upgrade it, plus it saves his life!

EDIT: Well gently caress me then, I think you're screwed.

ArcticZombie fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 17, 2012

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
I think it's pretty much always better to pick a Strength or Dexterity weapon, get that to +15 with 40 in it's respective stat and use your Faith to put Sunlight/Darkmoon Blade on it. I made a Dex/Faith guy to mess around with the other day, with 40 Dex and 30 Faith, putting Sunlight Blade on my Blader Side Sword +15 put it up to about 700 damage. It's only a back up though, usually he gimmicks with a bow (poison arrows + dung pies).

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I've read that Queelag can be stunned by shooting her in the lady bit and that Iron Golem has a chest hole that arrows will gently caress up pretty bad. The composite bow is the best, get 27 strength and 40 dexterity.

Alternatively if you don't want to mix strength and dexterity and actually want to be able to shoot things outside of lock on range, don't use the Composite Bow and use the Black Bow of Pharis instead. You'll lose about 42 damage but gain a lot of range. It fits your Pharis build too.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Alpha Phoenix posted:

:words:

Do you not think it adds a bit of variety to the game in the different ways you can approach things? Although I would never use full havels or ironflesh simply because I cannot abide moving anything other than as fast as possible. I'm a speed junky in every game I play.

Also about that ending you picked: You actually picked the 'good' ending. Go back a couple pages in the thread where there was some story discussion.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Red Crown posted:

Whats a good weapon/skillset to couple with Pyromancy? I've done DEX with katanas, a STR guy knockin' fools around with a greatsword, and I have a spellcaster.

Just about anything really. Pyromancy requires no skill investment at all so you could've put it with any of your DEX, STR or INT builds at no detriment what so ever. What weapons do you want to use?

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Millions posted:

I'm going to BB Glitch some items over to a new character so I can make a low-level Darkwraith rear end in a top hat, because I PVPd maybe once with my main dude. It looks like I can skip a majority of the bosses/areas and just make a beeline for Kaathe if my thought process is right.

1. BB Glitch over a +5 Ascended Flame, +5 Lightning Uchigatana, etc. Start with Master Key, make it to Firelink.
2. Roll down to the Lower Undead Burg like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBo7a3njLE4
2. Kill Capra Demon, enter the Depths and free Laurentius.
3. Buy sick pyromancies off Laurentius and Quelaana.
4. Skip from Undead Burg > Darkroot Basin > Dark Root Garden by killing the Hydra. Kill Sif for Artorias' ring.
5. Kill Ingward in the New Londo for his item, drain the ruins.
6. Kill the Four Kings, join the Darkwraiths.
7. :getin:

If I'm right, I only have to kill the Asylum Demon, Capra Demon, Darkroot Hydra, Sif and the Four Kings then I can start some online assholery.

If you're BB glitching over those weapons, why don't you just BB glitch over Artorias' ring? You can skip Laurentius too since you're not going to use his lame Fireballs and Combustion when you have the better versions. The only bosses you have to kill are the Asylum Demon (not even a boss really...) and the Four Kings.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Or you could never take a risk, stay behind your shield, and win every time. Except against shotels. Then you could take out that unfair mechanic...

The whole point of Dark Souls is to learn that R1 spam is bad. Without backstabs in pvp there are several weapons you couldn't punish R1 spam on.

I don't agree with this. Backstabs do suck terribly with the bad netcode of this game. If the netcode was good then it wouldn't be an issue. You're comparison to the Shotel isn't quite right because you can just parry them (another thing which sucks because of the lag), time you're swing to beat theirs or just dodge it. You can't counter a lagstab as easily because you have no idea it's even coming.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Any gear recommendations other than 'farm up chunks and max stuff out'? I'm JUST at the threshold of quick-roll with Havel's ring in that build.

Otherwise I'll have to wait until that famous movie studio, JeffAndDavid Productions Inc., puts out a 4 Kings video.

If you use the following you can get 55 poise and be able to roll as fast as possible at SL1:

Gargoyle Helm
Black Sorcerer Robe
Black Sorcerer Gloves
Hollow Soldier Waistcloth

Ring of Favour
Wolf Ring

Leaving you with 7.5 left to use for weapons, I use a Lightning Reinforced Club, Pyromancy and a Grass Crest Shield.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Well it's 4kings so I have to equip the Ring of Artorias. Are you saying poise is more important than defenses in that fight? Steel Armour has a ton of defenses, but I could take it off and use the Poise ring instead of Havel's.

Err well I was more giving advice for SL1 Darkwraithing, but yeah I would say poise is more important than defense in that fight. If you take a full on hit from one of their swords you're dead anyway, I'm not sure if that poise is enough to be able to take a hit from point blank (the ones where they do little to no damage to you) without staggering though. When I did that fight on my SL1 character the aim was to move as fast as possible and dodge everything. If you gently caress it up you're dead, if you get it right you can kill each King before the next one spawns. Sometimes they just like to spam the grab/aoe or the homing magic attack though and you can't kill them in time. Always try to leave yourself with enough stamina for 2 rolls after you punish an attack, otherwise you're asking to take a grab/aoe (these don't kill you though, unlike the swords).

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

It works in some world 5 enemies (think blight town) but not the ones you wish it would (think those club guys from blight town but now they are huge assholes)

And that roll you've been relying on to avoid damage? Yeah you can't do that here, have fun! That place is the worst.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Alteisen posted:

So where's a good spot to get some titanite chunks.

Need them for my lightning katana as I am in the midst of upgrading all of my gear.

New Londo, the lower bit with the Darkwraith is my favourite place if you have the Homeward miracle. Drop rate is pretty good also with the chance you could get a slab. There's also 1 or 2 down there in chests if I'm right. There's another one on the body outside the Giant Blacksmith's place on the balcony with the bat demon things.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

EC posted:

So a lightning hand axe is the best weapon against the 4K at SL1? I just loaded my save and apparently I've been using a +5 Jagged Ghost blade the entire time.

Any of the weapons you can use upgraded to lightning will do the trick. I used a Lightning Reinforced Club.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Wicaeed posted:

Coming out of like three or four pvp matches here so forgive me:

BUT HOW THE gently caress DO YOU PVP WITH THIS poo poo LAG?

Four loving times I roll past a dude and a second later he is attacking where I rolled and I'm stunlocked and can't move and DIE in four loving hits.

The game is perfectly fine and lag is not an issue, people teleporting behind you and backstabbing you is an intentional part of the game and and and...

Welcome to the poo poo hole of Dark Souls PVP.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

I do like the part of Demon Ruins where you fight Capra and Taurus Demons as regular enemies - it really showed how far you'd come as a player. gently caress those little stone fire-breather guys though. They're no fun to fight and just take up time when you're on your way to your inevitable 10493th retry of Bed of Chaos/Demon Firesage.

I think that depends on the type of damage you're weapon does. Blunt (strike I think it is?) really destroys those guys. Infact that type of damage seems to be good against all the enemies which are usually sponges, such as those stone knight guys. My Large Club was 1 hitting all of those enemies, as was my Lightning Reinforced Club I think. That said the ones before Bed of Chaos can all be skipped though, just run past them all.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

EC posted:

I need help on finding a good weapon for my STR/FTH build, which I'm finding incredibly boring. Right now I have 28 STR and 30 FTH, any suggestions? I don't quite remember what SL I am, I think 50-60.

Large Club. It does great damage and has got a really good strong attack.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

Ah heck, how am I supposed to beat the Four Kings at SL6? I'm wearing a full set of Stone armor and 2-handing a Fire Great Scythe +5 and I'm not doing very much damage, and the kings are nearly one-shotting me with any of their magic attacks (which I can't avoid because of fatroll).

I've done these on my SL1 Darkwraith and you NEED to be able to roll as fast as possible. You have to roll through all of their sword attacks (you can survive one when you are close if just the hilt hits you instead of the blade) or you will be one shotted. If they ever use the homing magic attack, block it as fast as possible and get right back in their face. If they start spinning, roll away from them twice to avoid the magic blast or keep rolling to not be grabbed. I don't know about fire damage vs lightning damage but I used lightning and I could kill them before the next spawned if they didn't use too many magic attacks in a row wasting valuable time attacking them.

e: I really shouldn't leave the reply tab open while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
So I've not played this game in ages, I just got the DLC and loaded up one of my characters, he's no longer flipping despite being under 50% load, did they change the Flip Ring?

• Locked thread