Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.
Just picked it up today thanks to this thread. Pity I'm busy with work for the rest of the week and am going on to a wedding this weekend :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I can understand not wanting to deal with assist phantoms in an invasion, but it takes a special kind of jerk to emote-stab a sun praiser.

The best kind :getin:

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.
The recent talk of Blight town invasions in this thread inspired me to give it a go and drat is it fun.

So many knight's shields, drake swords and boulder sets. I've also seen more gargoyle helms than boar ones, but in the end they offer little protection from my poison spewing dung tossing antics. It has convicted me that the sack and skull lantern are essential pvp tools.

One question though, is it worth the trip up to the painted world for Acid Surge? I'm thinking it would be nice to give people a proper welcome to the blight, but if the degradation isn't worth it I'm happy to just keep on as I am.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Nah, pass on Acid Surge and just get the two spells from that one dude in the Chaos Witch Covenant and then poison the poo poo out of fools.

Bonus points if you're super fat, wear the sack, only have the Hollow Warrior Waistcloth on, and still hit the 56 poise breakpoint :getin:

Pity, I'm might go up anyway if i get bored tomorrow(as if).

That's pretty much the exact set up I'm running. Shiny armor in the Blight? Not on my watch!

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

Sheep-Goats posted:

The defense on armor never helps that much. Your main concern skills be if it looks good. After that poise is very helpful and heavier armor has more poise per kilo than other sets. Getting 53 poise makes a big difference as then you can take one shot from a claymore class weapon and not stagger. The next border is 74 poise whereupon you can take one shot from the heaviest of weapons (zwei, great club). After that more poise isn't helpful.

How much poise would I need to take two shots from a zwei? Sometimes dancing is more important than fighting.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

Mangoose posted:

I got invaded in Anor Londo while I was fighting a couple of enemies.

This is where I sit back and throw poo at the invadee. Fun times are always had.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

Fenrir posted:

No patch here yet either :911:

Patch is live here and it's glorious :japan:

Hang in there.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

Maleh-Vor posted:

Are there any patch notes or something to indicate what they changed?

I think it's just to fix the flicker. I didn't see anything standing out as game changing on the official release notes.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.
I haven't posted in here in long time, but have been playing since launch. I still remember when the hollow who closes the gate used to respawn among other changes. My ps3 has been acting up for last month or two, so I finally decided to buy a new PS3. Moving from PAL system to JP swapped X and O buttons functions. All of them.

The real Dark Souls starts here. (Until Monday probably,)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

Booties posted:

Well I guess I'll keep upgrading my dark knight sword as I get more twikling titanite. Gonna mess around with weapons I've found until then. I don't really like the halbred style that much, but my ax is still serviceable. Going to tackle Sen's Fortress in my next session.

If you've figured out how to get back to the Asylum, then take a few clumps of blooming moss along with you. You never know what'll happen if you leave one on a specific ledge and reload your game.

• Locked thread