Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I traded the pendant with the crow-thing in the Undead Asylum. Am I screwed out of a possibly cooler reward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Can you join the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant even though you broke a previous covenant?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm thinking of setting up a soul sign for the Gargoyle boss fight to lower the faith requirement for the Sun Warrior covenant . I'm currently SL 20. Is that in range for the average player fighting the boss?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm thinking about upgrading Astora's Straight Sword to +5. Is it worth it to fully upgrade it?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

doctor 7 posted:

Fully upgraded it does 120 phy / 120 mag damage along with C / C stat modifiers too. Plus it looks loving amazing which is the only reason to ever equip anything in this game. :colbert:

That was the answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

Edit: I also want to get into the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant. What area can I put down a soul sign for an early 20's soul level?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 13, 2011

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

Anyone have an answer to this question? When I say single-purpose stoneplate rings I'm referring to the lightning, magic, and fire resist rings.

I don't know for sure but I would guess that since the speckled stoneplate ring covers all elemental damage, if that is what I'm understanding, it's going to be less effective for a single element stoneplate ring. You trade overall resist for strong single resist.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

If I understand those story posts then the 'good' ending is you basically turning into firewood for the First Flame. That kind of sucks to go through hell and overcome all of these trials and have an ending like that. Now I starting to see the appeal of siding with Kaeeth or that other primordial serpent.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm SL 27 and trying to get summoned for the Gaping Dragon fight with no replies. Should I try Blightown instead?

Or does anyone know the best time in the day to put down soul signs?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

You think multiplayer would be better if you could see someone's soul sign even as a hollow? But you would still have to be human to summon them.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

FirstPersonShitter posted:

What's the difference between a white phantom and a gold phantom (beyond the obvious)?

Gold means that the phantom is part of the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant. That's pretty much it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hey what's the best level to do the Painted World?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Doesn't Kaathe at one point say that the others failed but your different? I take that as that most humans and the Four Kings lost themselves in the darkness when they joined the Darkwraiths and became soul hungry monsters. It almost parallels how Gwyn, Nito, and the Witch lost themselves in the fire. It might be best to let the Age of Fire end considering how bad it is when you start the game.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

No, it would be the Age of Darkness because I gave the sun to Solaire. Now he can as Gloriously Incandescence as he wants to be.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DarkArchimedes posted:

Words

The way I see it, it's not Gwyn trying to sacrifice humans to keep himself alive as is Gwyndoline tricking the player to replace Gwyn as firewood for the First Flame to keep the Lord Flames powerful with him the only person to use it since by the end you kill off Nito, Seath, the Four Kings, and the Bed of Chaos, all potential threats to Gwyndolin's New Age of Fire.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I use crossbows to get rid of the bugs before they come too close to me. Or maybe use horizontal swings when they are too close. What I did was to wait on an island and look around to see where they are coming from, then used a crossbow to kill them and run to another island and repeat.

And since you played Demon's Souls then this is like the Valley of Defilement again only your doing it early. And after a certain point, you don't really need to traverse Blighttown ever again.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ayn Randi posted:

are there more hard bits in anor londo after that run up the roof to the two sniper knights? because uh, i did that in two attempts and never got hit by an arrow in either case, run straight line jumproll around one shot and you're in melee range, why all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. SL33 and anor londo has been a pleasant walk in the park so far, but judging by the levels in this thread i'm gonna be way too low for the matchmaker to find a viable summon partner for the boss :/

Solaire has a summon sign for that boss. Enjoy some jolly coop with him.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Satanos posted:

Is there any indication who The Witch of Izalith's goofy son is? The one that dropped the ring his sisters specifically gave to him so he wouldn't be on fire all the time? I'm leaning towards Ceaseless Discharge but I'm wondering if maybe there was some other information besides the filler text on the ring.

Isn't it the Centipede Demon? That is where you get the ring from right?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Has anyone made a guide for which levels are good for summoning in certain areas? There always seems to be someone posting about this.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cinroth posted:

This is a bit old but seems pretty accurate.

http://i.imgur.com/lEEAf.jpg

This should go into the OP if you ask me.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I was white phantoming in the Paint World and me the summoner were tearing poo poo up. We took out the Scripted black phantom in no time, we got all of the treasures, and were about to get to the end when we were invaded by a player named, not joke, I_Love_Pricilla. Dude used the Lifehunter Scythe and was fully dragon.

Me and the summoner were backstabbed and one shotted by the guy.

But I got my revenge when he invaded my world. Just used tranquil walk of peace and force emitted him.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Gah that Priscilla dagger would be PERFECT for my thief guy. I hope I get it this time.

If your in the mid 60's I have a soul sign up. Me and another phantom helped the first guy who summoned me get it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

McTimmy posted:

Doesn't love her enough not to murder her it seems.

She lives on in the Scythe.

Edit: Helped another guy with the Painted World. He was named Helpings and he too was all dragon. Apparently he loves Pricilla enough to let her live and leave.

Fun Fact: you get no souls when the summoner decides to leave this way

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 31, 2011

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Defghanistan posted:

So, I talked with Solitaire after killed taurus boss, he didn't give me soapstone. I continued on and killed gargoyles then came back to see if he'd give him soapstone, now he's gone. What do I do now? How does one get a soapstone if I didn't get it from him?

Did you answer yes to his question the first time you met him?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

If you make Anor Londo dark, are all of the bonfires extinguished?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

During Halloween in Demon's Souls, FS would jack up the world tendency to all black. Does anyone know if they are doing something similar for Dark Souls?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RADmadness posted:

Faith scales at C with almost all Divine weapons and Occult scales at B with some and C with most. Just Lightning or Fire ascend a weapon and ignore faith scaling. Enchanted weapons, however, scale at A or B consistantly and are definately worth the Int scaling.

But doesn't Divine and Occult also reduce the strength and dexterity scaling? If your going for and balance of strength/dexterity and faith then its not that bad. That's how they balance it. I've been using it for my character with 22 Strength, 16 Dexterity and 30 Faith and it does like 300 damage total from the stat screen.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zain posted:

Quick question, if I haven't gotten rang either of the two bells but I killed Capra and debating if I should go to the depths or not because of the golden knight bastard.

If you want his armor then let him live until later. If not then you can kill him now and get some humanity and a very nice ring.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

rockem posted:

I think it would be pretty cool if you could use the extra gear in your inventory for something. Using it for repairs. Breaking stuff down into various mats. Combining things to add different properties and animations, or make original, different weapons and armor. Hell, make it so you can just chuck it at someone for some damage.

So many shields, stupid monsters, stop dropping shields. :smithicide:

You can just drop them and make then vagrants to help other people.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

YorexTheMad posted:

I don't think I've ever gotten any bites in the Catacombs or the Forest Covenant/Sif area, but those seem to be hot PVP spots.

I got some summons at SL 65, I think, right in from of Sif boss door.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zain posted:

So one thing I noticed while playing Demons Souls is that it felt more cinematic while Dark Souls feels like you actually make progress.

Anyone have any input on how to do karmatic justice properly? If at all?

You use the miracle, then when you get hit in multiple successions, it activates, pushing the attackers back and damaging them. I guess its good when your getting overwhelmed or cornered by multiple enemies.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Seath is gross in the intro, but he's actually kind of beautiful when you fight him. Except for his weird crystal-rock base.

I the reason why he's gross in the intro is because he is covered in his dragon brethren's blood.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DarkArchimedes posted:

It would go along interestingly with the theory that the shattered Archstone for the Land of Giants actually leads to Lordran, where there seem to be plenty of things larger than humans, and a Tomb of the Giants to boot.

You could say that the primordial serpents are emissaries of the old one and the Dark Lord ending leads to the Old One taking over Lordan and the Archstone to the Land of Giants being destroyed

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I feel bad when I try to invade other people. I usually use tranquil walk of peace and then throw emit force or lightning spears at them until they die. I feels cheap. But I also feel that this is the only way to win in these fights since most of the time the other guy is using lightning weapons or running up to me and using combustion.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hatter106 posted:

So glad they brought back the same VA for that character though :)

I really hope he continues on to appear in similar games from FS. He's the best rear end in a top hat.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

!amicable posted:

I think I did some part of demon ruins, that's the area that you need to drain the lava from, right?

No I think your talking about New Londo Ruins. You drain water, not lava.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Crowbear posted:

No he's right. Killing Ceaseless Discharge will drain the lava from Demon Ruins.

I think of it more as hardening the lava than draining it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

What are you talking about. He's on FIRE. That makes him awesome :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Storywise you aren't actually going hollow, you're just getting really close.

You could say that the characters of people who rage quit and return the game before finishing it do fully go hollow.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Please put this in the opening! That is so awesome!

I also love the sun glare above him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Penny_Dreadful posted:

Oh my god, the Sun Crest...

So grossly incandescent...

• Locked thread