Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

invalid posted:

So is my faith build with 40 faith, 40 endurance, 35 vitality along with an occult sword +5 still going to suck after the patch?

Its probably going to make it better. The patch is supposed to make players use weapons other than lightning weapons, among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

No homo posted:

Reposting so that we can all bask in its grossly incandescence. And so that it gets added to the OP

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm trying to recreate my character in Demon's Souls, who was wearing Draksilver Armor and using the Darksilver Shield and a Longsword. I think the best approximation is Ornstein's armor but with the paladin helmet and the silver shield. What do you guy's think?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm trying out a gimmick character, remaking Havel the Rock with Havel's Shield and Dragoon tooth and all.

My plan is to dump all of my levels into Strength until I get to 50. I also plan on wearing Havel's Ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection to compensate.

Good Idea?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

About having to not kill Solaire:

I talked to him after the Demon Centipede boss but did not enter Lost Isaleth from that path. But the wiki says to not talk to Solaire at that point and to go through the shortcut to save him. Did I just screw myself over?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pocket Abortions posted:

how do i kill the channeler in undead parish without bow/arrows i can't figure it out ):

Get some firebombs, wait at the chock point which is the archway from the large room he's in and the hallway, then throw everything you got. Kills him and the hollows.

Edit: Then use fireball.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Does anyone know if the patch will have vendors that sell Titanite Chunks? I ask because I'm currently at Anor Londo trying to farm them from the elite giants with no luck.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Woozey posted:

don't recall hearing anything about chunks. New londo darkwraiths might give better luck though, more of them, easier to kill, seems to be higher droprate, occasionally drop two at once and have a chance of dropping slabs too.

Alright I'll try there. Thanks.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

What's your opinion on the Silver Knight Sword? I'm thinking of switching over to it from Astora's Sword. I currently have 22 Strength, 22 Dexterity, and 30 Faith. The damage for Astora's Sword is 308 and is fully upgraded. Should I try to grind Twinkies to get the Silver Knight Sword to +5?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Volitaire posted:

Honestly neither of those weapons are very good. The Silver Knight sword is supposedly getting a buff in the next patch, but it still wouldn't be that great with your stats. Since you've invested in faith and obviously like the straight sword moveset, I'd suggest making a divine/occult baldur side sword/sunlight straight sword.

I don't want to kill Solaire and I don't have a Baldur Side Sword. I have a +14 Longsword that I plan on getting to +15 and use Sunlight Sword with it. But the wiki says that the miracle has one use. So maybe I could buy another longsword, make it occult, and use +15 Longsword/Sulight Blade combo for only bosses or something.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

What equipment are you using?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Probably at the beginning of the zone. But be careful of invasions.

Edit:

Elysiume posted:

It has one use between fire visits.

I said that in my post.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cobalt60 posted:

Thanks just got a lady (a beautiful lady) to help. I think I'm level 78, pyro with a full 40 endurance.

I haven't gotten to Gwyn and I'm 85. Maybe you should try laying summon signs at other bosses, get souls for helping, and boost your other stats. Or grind the Black Knights there.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to Divine or Occult. My stats are currently 22 Strength, 22 Dexterity, and 30 Faith. Which will give me the most damage?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Divine is usually the better choice just because Occult doesn't prevent skeletons from being resurrected by necromancers in the Catacombs.

I have Astora's Sword for that, though.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Will killing Gwyndoline make the Giant Blacksmith hostile?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cbouncerrun posted:

If you kill Gwynevere he'll disappear though.

I just did that and he's still there.

Anyway, whats the best place right now to get summoned at SL 86? Is the painted world still good?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I can confirm that Sunlight Blade is a boss killer. Made the Demon Centipede fight a breeze.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So after hours of grinding humanity from the Centipede Demon, I finally got to +2 of the Chaos Servant Covenant with the hope of Saving Solaire. Lo and behold when I open the door is, you guessed it, Solaire.

Word of advice when trying to save Solaire:

Do not talk to him after the Centipede Demon Boss.

Edit: I guess now I can honor him by getting his sword up to +15 and using sunlight blade with it. See Solaire, its living up to the name :smith:

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 12, 2011

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Two things I want to know:
1) If anyone got a titanite slab from the Darkwraiths, what was you item discovery I you could remember?

2) Is there any way to farm gold pine resine?

Thanks in advance.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Brian Fellows posted:

I was using a +5 Lightning Halberd Of Justice at level 15 with the occasional pyromancy hand.

The Darkwraiths have dropped several slabs for me while farming with the 300 item find you get just from wearing the gold serpent ring with no liquid humanity at all.

I have 6 humanity on me with no results so I don't know if your joking or your extremely lucky. Maybe it actually works but I'll have to get ride of these humanities.

VV I'm wearing the ring as well as having 6 humanity. Sorry I didn't explain that. VV

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 12, 2011

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I tried that once, but the problem I had was that I was in the middle of the darkwraithes. I had to fight like 4 of them at once when I tried to jump into the pool area.

Edit: Just tried that and I had to fight 4 of them at once. All I got was a single titanite shard.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 12, 2011

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

After who knows many hours of grinding darkwraiths, I finally got a Titanite Slab. Now I can get that trophy with Solaire's Sword.

Praise The Sun!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

You don't get to praise the sun. You shouldn't even have that sword. :mad:

I spent days trying to grind humanity for the shortcut to save Solaire and I messed up by talking to him after the Centipede Demon fight. The least I could do for him was take up his sword, literally, and use it to smite demons.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

casual poster posted:

So theres a Firekeeper at the first bonfire in Anor Londo, I wanted her firekeepers soul so I attacked her, is this going to have a negative impact on me? The only thing I could see was that I can't rest at that bonfire anymore.

Not really. There are two other bonfires in Anor Londo that you can warp to and from. And if you do certain things in Anor Londo, that Firekeeper will turn hostile anyway.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hey I'm trying to get the Witch's armor from Beatrice. I summoned her for the Moonlight Butterfly boss. But just when she killed the boss, I died. It gave me the "You Defeated" message, then the "You Died" message. I got the Boss Soul and even the 2000 souls for defeating it. Do you guys know if she is still going to be available for the Four Kings boss?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

People have said that you don't need to summon her for the Four Kings to get her armor. Regardless, I would think she'd be available for the Four Kings, but I can't be sure.

Just confirmed this with another character. Never summoned her for either fight and still found her stuff. Thanks a lot

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

^^^^ The Undead is a new phenomenon that happened after the Dragons are defeated ^^^^^^^^

Kongming posted:

I'm not sure why they fought the dragons in the first place, I don't think that is ever adequately explained unless there is an item description somewhere that mentions it.

As for why you have to fight the lords, if this is your first playthrough and you are only in Anor Londo it may seem odd but it becomes rather apparent why you have to defeat them once you encounter them. Seath has become some sort of mad scientist, the Witch of Izalith created the source of all Demons, Gwyn is now a mindless hollow. Nito doesn't seem to be doing much of anything to warrant his destruction other then the fact "I need his soul".

You could argue that Nito is sort of as bad as the others because he's sending out people to drop gravelords and spread disaster in other worlds as part of his covenant.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

doctor 7 posted:

Ah, that clears things up a bit. Is it ever explained as to what causes it?

It's theorized that those with the Darksign are descendants of the Furtive Pigmey, who got his power from the Dark Soul and not the Lord Soul. They have the destiny to become the Dark Lord and ending the Age of Fire to usher in the Age of Dark/Man.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Goggle Fox posted:

So after fighting Pharis three times and trying to keep a bead on an enemy I can't lock onto, I finally got to watch him dodge backwards away from me and right off a cliff. :downs: There goes his bow.

I really hope we're getting that patch within the month, because not being able to target those guys is beyond obnoxious. Any strategy behind killing Pharis in 1.03?

I don't know if this is going to help much but he's always going to to try to run backwards from you to use his bow, so just run at him so that your back is too the cliff so that he's going deeper into the forest and not off a cliff. That worked for me when I got his bow. But your probably going to have to fight other ncps with the fog ring and tree people with him shooting at you.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm level 89 and I haven't gotten close to the end. I'm currently getting to Nito.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Roumba posted:

Holy crap I'm being invaded a lot in the Depths on NG+ while I'm sitting at my bonfire.

Also I am terrible at PvP.

How viable is a no shield run in NG+?

Get real good at dodging.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

JP Money posted:

I never understood why the giant mushroom guys were one of the most indestructible enemies in the game.

Because this game likes to gently caress with your expectations. Think the giant mushroom man is just a pushover like in other games?

BAM!

You Died

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

diospadre posted:

I would kill a man for the Balder chestpiece to actually have a cape attached to it.

Silver Knight chestpiece has an intact cape, but it's static.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also its short and looks like a stupid Robin cape or something.

Well you don't want it too long or you'll trip over it :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of gravelords: I was in The Duke's Archives when I saw the gravelord sign right by the bondfire. I invaded that guy's world, but just when I was summoned a red phantom got summoned right after me. Now you would think we would work together since we had the same goal of killing this guy, right? But the red phantom just wanted to fight so I had to run away from the guy and lead him to the gravelord. The phantom one-shooted him with a Crystal Soul arrow. I got an eye of death and my world cleared of disaster and the red phantom, I would assume, got the humanity. Win-win for everyone except the gravelord jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

The only one I can't identify is the floating ghost pirate guy next to Priscilla. Is that supposed to be Ceaseless Discharge?

No, its a boss from Demon's Souls, Flamelurker.

VVV Probably so that he fits into the picture. VVVVV

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 26, 2011

• Locked thread