Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
From what I understand, the game is only 3.6~ gigs, as it was ripped by some pirates. I'm pretty sure that "heavily compressed" is a bunch of bull and just brought up so people won't get it on the 360 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

actionjackson posted:

So the area with the orchestral music and the knight that says "get a little scared..." is kind of the portal that connects to everything?

I also saw something weird in the vxds video where he's walking down some stairs, you hear a dragon sound and he suddenly gets +10000 souls?

It's at about 44:30 in http://www.twitch.tv/vxds210/b/295628558

To be honest, I've never played a game of this genre before. Should I not even bother with this or the prequel?

Yeah, he shot one arrow, and the thing died. The stream went ballistic when that happened.

In regards to the game: Do you like dying a lot? Do you like a high but usually fair difficulty?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Which is also right here if you don't have archives!

http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I really want that tin.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Scoobi posted:

I'm gonna play a heavy armor sword guy because its my first time playing any of these games :ohdear:

Probably the same. Give me that heavy armor so I can take maybe one more hit.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Speaking of thieves, what's the advantage of the Masterkey if all the chests are unlocked?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I believe Gamestop said they were getting more CE copies in but that could very well be a lie.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

If you guys want to burn some time before Dark Souls hits you can try out the BF3 beta as it was released today!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I might make a Pyromancer after all now that I'm watching the IGN stream. It's so nice to finally see text in English now.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The beard guy is kind of annoying but the stream is alright. No problems with the SD stream here.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

So in the tutorial area is there any reward for killing the tutorial boss the first time you meet him before you get your primary weapon/shield?

Yes. Good luck.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

They probably don't have it installed either.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

fivetwo posted:

loving a, slowdown on 360 version? do i need to buy a ps3 just for this game?

There's slowdown on the PS3 version as well.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Untimely Brigand posted:

Come on in!
http://goo.gl/1TKul

Also, how much better do you guys think this could run from the hard drive?

Every game I've ever played on the 360 minus Halo 3 and Bulletwitch (wouldn't even install) has performed noticeably better. It also saves wear and tear on your disc drive!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

You will not be able to invade/be invaded without gold for XBL. That's pretty much standard for any Xbox game with multiplayer.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I think 9 is a great score, even for IGN. Cause, you know, you can't spell ignorance without IGN. :rolleyes:

Also, crossing my fingers for a midnight release.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

This might be a silly question but do they count in miracles in the "over 30 spells"?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

There was a point on the IGN stream last night where the game had a bit of a shitfit on the 360. I remember also watching the vxds stream (PS3) and he had a couple times where the game freaked out.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Regarding being cursed, apparently it has at least one upside. A guy in the sewer says that you can fight the ghosts if you are cursed somehow? I haven't tested it myself though, and I'm not going to purposefully get myself cursed to find out.

edit: vvv I don't follow...

It's an item you can buy. It's like getting cursed but it's temporary.

Also, to Leyburn: You can visit the guy on the roof with the bell and he'll sell you an item for 4k to cure yourself.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I guess now you can buy Demon's Souls too!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Some people like to just hang out in party chat and talk with their friends. So yeah.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

I just read up on the covenants and there's one that lets you turn into a motherfucking dragon?! And another one that eventually turns you into a lich?!

This drat game, man.

This game just keeps surprising me. Monday is gonna be one hell of a wait.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Either Pyromancer or Warrior. The Pyro starts with fire magic which will hopefully help to take on enemies rather than a straight melee character. I can also somewhat tune him to how I want as he starts as level one while the warrior starts at level four or five.

I also find the Path of the Dragon to be the most awesome. I cannot wait to try my hand at this game and die several hundred times.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Try playing in offline mode if there is one.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

360 user here! I picked up my copy at midnight at Gamestop and got the awesome Collector's Edition. The game is packaged in this awesome tin case with the game inside, the art book, and a code for the other stuff.

I have about 2 hours experience with a Pyromancer. The game is fun, easy in the beginning (which changes as soon as you get into the Undead Burg), and the controls are actually easy to handle. Using LB/RB isn't as bad as I thought it would be. There was a little slowdown in the first area but that immediately went away if you looked in a different direction. My game did hang for about 5 seconds where the screen froze but the sound kept going in the Burg.

Overall, I cannot wait to turn on my 360 again. This game is fun as hell.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Some NPCs can take one or two hits before they freak out. I think it would be too easy to just put your shield up and apologize.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

My God, this game is hard.

Some tips: The Masterkey will activate if you open a door that uses it. It is NOT a one time use item. The 360 version seems to have odd slow down when there's a long draw distance. Not bad slowdown but maybe four five frames. And even though it's installed, the game spins the disc in the drive for a bit. There was also a 3MB patch released today but I don't know what it does.

Also, the Dragon Bridge is very hit or miss. Sometimes it'll swoop down and roast you, other times it'll just sit there and chill out. I think the Warrior is a better choice for me as I'm rushing way too much.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Chaos341 posted:

I killed the armored boar but I didn't get its head for a helmet. Do you have to kill it a certain way to get it?

You have to kill the boar without backstabbing it. I ran mine into the fire a couple times.

I might add that Endurance lowers your equip weight so that might help you roll faster.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 5, 2011

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

If you come to the Dragon Bridge, suck it up.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Beat the first Bell boss on my first try while Human.

The item behind the locked door on top of the Asylum could be very useful in a couple places. Also, make sure you revisit your cell.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

So I reloaded after a death and I noticed I lost my MP soapstone that writes messages. Can I get another one from Solaire?

ireladd posted:

He gives you the white soapstone, the merchant in the Undead Burg gives you the orange one, and yes, you can buy another.

Duh.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 5, 2011

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Krinkle posted:

where can I get a red invasion stone? I am cursed

I hear snoring by the fire shrine chapel. where is this sleeping person?

Drop down where the elevator is in Firelink Shrine. It'll start to take you up but instead of riding it up, step off on the second level and fall down the hole. You'll find some goodies there and I think there's some there.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Alectai posted:

I Know, where, specifically though? Because I've yet to find an openable door there

Near Mr. Soul Arrow.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Wow, the skeletons in the catacombs are so demoralizing.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I love that your best weapon in this game is patience. Finally finished off the Stray Demon and I can finally leave the Undead Asylum. Now just a couple more Dex for that sweet Black Knight sword...

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Is the second bell in the catacombs? And where the hell are the sewers?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The Stray Demon is a lot easier with a certain shield you find in the Asylum as well.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone know how to get to the sewers?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Vanguard Warden posted:

A boss in lower UD burg drops the key that opens the door to the sewers.

Let me rephrase: How do I get to that door? I've literally been all over the Burg and I cannot find out how to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The Elite Knight armor is in the beginning of the garden. Surrounded by huge screw you enemies. Good luck!

• Locked thread