Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
No idea how in the hell this works but here's mine http://goo.gl/5ayga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
hey guys, where the hell do I go after I get the key to the depths from that goat boss?

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Never mind, figured it out.

Zetsubou fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 5, 2011

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
So, i'm stuck in Anor Londo and for the life of me cannot beat the fat guy and that lion suitted spear guy. Is there any way for me to get out of this place, or am I stuck farming for hours until I can beat the boss?

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Are there any good covenants for Sorcerers? Most of the covenants I find are either related to pyromancy or miracle stuff.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
gently caress yeah! Just beat Seath the Scaleless

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Ok, here's a question. As a sorcerer, are there any boss souls that are not worth keeping and forging into some sorta weapon? My points are mostly in intelligence.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
So, one of those wheelie skeletons decided to pop in while i was chatting to Vamos (skeleton smith), and ended up missing me and instead crashed straight into the smith, and was really taking his health off as he did his spinny wheel attack. I panicked because I did not want the smith to die so I stabbed the wheelie skeleton, but also the smith with the same jab. So now the smith is mad at me and is trying to kill me. How do I make it so he is not mad at me anymore?

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Right now I seem to be at a loss of where to go. At the moment I am at the part where you have to collect the demon lord souls or whatever you call them, and I have defeated seath the scaleless, nito the first of the dead, and the four kings in New Londo. I am guessing the next or last guy I have to face is Gwynn, the lord of sunlight, however I have no idea where to go to find him. Anyone know where I am suppose to go?

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Did you try the demon ruins? I think that is one of them.

Yep. I got all the way down to the centipede demon and defeated him but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go after that, unless I am missing something really obvious. I have heard there is a way to get to the ruins of izalith from the demon ruins, since I have yet to go there, but I cant find a route that leads to it.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
nevermind my last question, figured out there is a somewhat obvious cave in the centipede demon room that I was suppose to go through. :doh:

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Did anyone else notice that when you kick someone while having the orange charred ring equipped that they burst into flames? Thats radical.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011

FisheyStix posted:

So I just murdered the poo poo out of Ceaseless Discharge. What the hell was that? A boss? He didn't even get an attack in, and I slew him in about four hits. I just ran back to the gate, found it was locked, turned around and poked him wildly with my lightning spear.

If you kite Ceaseless Discharge all the way back to the gate, he ends up falling down a hole and dying.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Goddammit, I hate killing Sif. This is the second time I've killed him and I still get horribly sad/depressed about killing him. I got him down to his last slither of health and I just watched him for a minute or two pathetically trying to beat me. It's just when he starts triping over his own attacks and limping towards me, it doesn't feel like I'm fighting a boss anymore, but instead having to put down a dog. :(

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Anyone know if the Ceaseless Discharge exploit has been patched? Recently he has started to become more aware of that cliff and stops right at the edge now.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011

Cuchulain posted:

It's not an exploit, it's intentional behavior. You can't hit him though, you have to get him to swing his gooey arm at you first by grabbing the robes.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. There is a method of killing him where you run back to the gates and while he chases you he ends up falling down a cliff and dying. Skip to the 2:00 on this video to see what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEAQSc_lICI.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011

neetz posted:

Yeah dude, I'm pretty sure this isn't a glitch. It's got a unique animation and everything. If you position the camera to look at the spot it falls, there's a huge, huge drop, which is why I assume it desperately clambers on to the edge. To get it to do this can be occasionally finnicky though.

Oh, I always just assumed that it was a glitch/exploit, but now that I actually think about it, having the game designers put a big pit in the boss area and not expecting the boss to fall down it seems kinda dumb now.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
I'm just curious, but with some of the achievements in this game, can you spread out some of the requirements on different characters or does it have to be all on one character? Ex. the Knight's Honor trophy.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

All of the "get all of xx" trophies have to be in the same game, I think.

drat. Ok, thanks.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
So now I feel really loving stupid. I've beaten this game multiple times with different characters and had no clue places like the Great Hollow or Ash Lake existed. At first I thought Ash lake was that small lake in Darkroot Basin because people mentioned something about a hydra, but nope. Jeez Louise.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011

Chard posted:

What would you guys say is an average soul level for finishing the game for the first time? No gimmicks, mainly DEX build, seeing most of the game.

I'd say around 80-90 possibly. I mean, that's generally where most of my first run through characters end at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
So out of curiosity, is dark souls PvP suppose to be a little laggy? I don't really pvp at all in this game but I decided to give it a go tonight, and 100% of my deaths seemed to be because I get back stabbed out of no where when the guy isn't even close to me or attacks don't connect for some reason which is bad for my long wind up strength gal. Also not to mention sorcery spells hitting me because I guess my character was lagging a litle bit behind or something. Should I just get use to that stuff or is PvP not suppose to be that bad?

• Locked thread