Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Screw that firebomb bridge in undead burg. It's like they don't want you to get past it without losing a ton of HP.

So for anyone who's used a bow or crossbow, is there any way to manually aim it rather than lock-on? Lock-on won't happen until it's too late, and it's really, really annoying.

Also; it took me forever to learn how to level. Apparently you gotta press Right on whatever you want to upgrade before you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Has anyone gone about invading other player's worlds? How is that holding up for y'all?

I'm currently going to work my way to a scythe and such; but I need someone to take my frusterations out on. I don't want to waste all of my red-orbs though; so how does one go about getting new ones?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Zebrasectomy posted:

Without spoiling too much, what would I be missing out on if I didn't take the master key as my starting gift?

You won't die as often.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I know I'm missing like, a vital part of this game, but what exactly is humanity used for? I think I remeber soemthing about reversing hollowed status, and upgrading bonfires, but Upgrading Humanity seems to do nothing, and I can't upgrade bonfires cause I lack some sort of ritual.

Also, I keep hearing about this scythe. Where is this located, and is it Str or Agi based?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Okay: Real quick for everyone who's having issues fighting players with the Ring of Fog.

Get yourself a scythe. There's one in the Catacombs (don't know exactly where). This weapon eats a boat-load of stamina with each heavy swing, but the weapon has the range of a spear, but with a 180 degree arc infront of you. In addition to that, it also has 300 bleed. It's mainly a Dex weapon, so be prepared to make it Lighting or whatever floats your boat.

Second, find yourself the rogue behind the 20,000 soul-key door (Crest of Atrois?) He's basically the Ring of Fog equivalent of a mob, so you can learn how to fight pvp mobs without locking on.

Some tips with the scythe: Get enough stamina to double heavy swing, as it's two hits in the wide arc infront of you, and it can easily cause a nasty amount of damage. The Circle/B backstep ability followed by a weapon swing will also deal a ton of damage, and is more useful for lock on targets, but because of how the animation appears to the player, generally they end up getting hit because they drop guard.

It's a very good weapon once you get used to it, just remember to start swinging where they WILL be, rather where they are. This will help you land more hits.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

So I saw a white phantom I summoned with what appeared to be armor with fur-lining as a chest piece. It looked extremly awesome and I was wondering if anyone knew about it and how to get it.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

So I bought the dark souls guide, went to work, came back home, found the place flooded. Lost my two computers and my xbox, several hundred dollars worth in magic the gathering cards, and some books.

Yet, my ps3 survived, with Dark souls still intact. Oh dark souls, how you will always be there to comfort me.

Oh god, the carpa demon. Why must you be so cruel.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I wish this game had true co-op.

My friends are worse than me when it comes to video games, so it'd only make it more challenging to try to keep him alive. Especially if friendly fire was on, or if dying meant your partner got sent back to the bonfire as well.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

So I hear this dragon glitch can give you an insane amount of souls? I'm thinking about loading up on dual claws, some low level armor, getting a red-eye-orb, then stock up on 30k souls and go pvping people around level 10 in the newbie area. If you win, you get a fair amount of souls!

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Question: Is there a 'soft cap' or a 'target number' for stats to reach? Right now I'm toting 32 ST, 16/16 Vit/End, and some 18 Dex. Right now I'm just focusing on boosting Vit/End, but I believe theres a point where they stop scaling or the bar stops moving or something that says 'Hey, put your points into something else.'

Right now I've downed Gaping Dragon, Carpra Demon, Bell Gargoyle, and I'm thinking about looping back to fight the Dragon on the bridge. I'm currently sitting on a Black Knight Halberd +2, Elite Knight armor set +3, +2 Pyro glove, and a +5 Hallowed shield. I'm trying to branch out into Miracles, and its getting expensive to level stats, so I'm trying to be frugal with them.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Need some direction here.

34 ST
18 DX
20 FT
18 AT
20 VT
20 ED

Other stats haven't changed.

Running with Elite Knight armor +5 except the chest, which is at +8. Pyro-flame +13, Un-upgraded Thound's Talisman, Greatshield of Atorias +4, Black Knight Spear/Halberd+4 (32ST/18DX Requirement), and a Phyrsis bow at +2. Using Ring of Favor/Havel's ring, but I still have the fat roll. My current spells are Homeward, Heal, Iron Flesh, Lightning Spear.

I believe I'm soul level 65~70 right now, and I'm having issues on what to do next. I've already placed down the Lord Vessel, and the Kingmaker is asking me to go murder some individuals. Should I farm up and get some more spells, or should I find better armor? I still need to go through the catacombs, the New Londo ruins, Painted World (Where is this?) and collect some more sunlight tokens.

Also, I'm thinking about boosting IQ for some spells, using the faith -> Int conversion for magic weapons and the like. Any suggestions?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Soul Level 25. Started thief with black firebombs to kill the Stray Demon. Decided I wanted to turn this character into a Dark Wraith, and go invading people. Turns out I need to kill great-wolf Sif, and then 4 Kings. Because I was going PvP, I picked up a good weapon (Great Scythe) and decided to turn it lightning, and set off through ringing the bells, Sens fortress, then Anor Londo for the lightning enchant. Turns out when I finally get there I forgot to upgrade the scythe to +10, so I had to back-track back to get to Andre to get it uprgraded. My starter thief armor is around +5~ around this point and remained this way until I swapped armor.

I had it in my head that I could not aquire the Lord Vessel, otherwise Keathe would dissapear on me. I ended up doing dozens of runs back and forth through Sens/Anor Londo so much that I can pretty much run through Sens without any trouble.

Finally get my scythe upgraded to +2 Lightning, then head out to kill Great Wolf Sif. Died first time, won on the second try. Headed out to New Londo Ruins. Firelink shrine is out. Decide to use the Blacksmith fire to just run through; but after the third or fourth death, I decide to go and get my Firekeeper's soul back. Run through Sens fortress for the millionth time. Finally get to the giant blacksmith, only to die to the lightning demons right outside. Forgot to rest at the bonfire, ending with me teleporting all the way back to Andre. Run through Sens fortress again.

Finally get to invade using the black eye orb. Kill Lautrec, get my firekeeper's soul back, run back through Sens fortress, restore my firekeeper, run through New Londo ruins to die a million more times to the ghost-house. I ended up experimenting with rings to try to use them to get through the ghosts, as the scythe isn't the best weapon to fight them. Accidently equip Ring of Favor and Protection; meaning I'm locked out of a ring slot. I've been using Havel's for the fast roll, but now without Havel's (As I have to free up a slot for Crest of Atorias), I now am over 25% for my roll. I finally get past the ghost house, down to Four Kings, decide I don't want to break my ring, and instead decide to unequip my thief mask+5 to put me under 25%.

Proceed to fight the Four Kings with a Lightning Great Scythe +2, Grasscrest Shield, and 3 pieces of armor. Takes about 6 tries before I end up winning, by killing 5 out of the 4 kings. Snake dude spawns, much rejoicing, join covenant.

I don't quite have enough humanity for the armor and the sword, so I get my Red Eye Orb and go invading. I decide gargoyles would be the easiest to get the humanity. Little did I know...

My first invasion I managed to get the drop on an individiual. Falling Two-handed Lightning +2 Greatscythe attack as my opener. 40 damage. He proceeds to stunlock and kill me with a flaming weapon.

Second Invasion - Invaded an individual with a Mask of the Mother and a set of unreconizable armor and Darkwood grain ring. Kills me with some insane range on his Katana

Third invasion - Same individual. Pulls out lightning spear, stabs me to death.

Fourth Invasion - A new individual, who was waiting on a summon. Obviously a newbie, died after losing his stamina to my first Scythe R2, losing his HP on his second. Didn't feel so good, so I decided to trot off to a new area. Running mentally in my lists of areas I know well... Back to Sens Fortress.

Sens Fortres - Many, many invasions. All japanese people. Most of them came with sunbros or the like. Not many left. The traps are way too dangerous for either party, but I have the advantage of running through it a million times over. I managed several impressive kills, some lucky ones, and some odd deaths. Highlights include hopping down from the second set of swining pendulum blades to the first with a drop-down attack, killing a white phantom, killing a white phantom while he was shooting a bow on the second set of pendulms, killing a player with an arrow trap, killing a player with a boulder and blocking him from getting inside. Having a player die while I was fighting his white phantom from a swinging pendulm blade.

After collecting myself a good amount of humanity (And a measly amount of souls), I turned and decided to go finish out my covenant for the darkrwaith armor and sword. Fully equipped, Warped to Anor Londo (Cause you can from the bonfire in the Abyss, without having the Lord Vessel), upgraded to +2 all around. Sword made it to +4; planning on fire enchanting it later.

At this point its getting late; so I decided to do one more invasion as a fully Decked out Dark Wraith. Head over to Carpa Demon, drop orb, wait.

Invade a low level newbie. Obviously he doesn't know what the hell is going on, so I slowly walk towards him, like some sort of NPC. He brings up his shield, backs up, and finally goes into attack me. His attacks don't do much to my Dark Hand-shield, which causes him to freak and back up. Throws some firebombs at me, not too much damage, before I go in and start attacking. We get into a nice 10 minute fight where my Dark Sword doesn't deal enough damage to him, and he doesn't do enough damage to me. He estsus flasks twice, and I'm pretty low myself, so I wait for him to back up, then stop moving.

He does the same.

I take the opportunity to swap out to my Lightning Great scythe and some humanity in my item slot. I open up by using the humanity: To which his horror he sees a Dark Wraith crushing a little-humanoid figure in his hand, the gaining all of his health back. I pull out my scythe, two-hand it, and come out him like the Grim Reaper. He takes a hit, instantly reconizes it as lightning, and proceeds to book it. I chase after him, manage to corner him, and kill him with the scythe. Bow, logout.

:darksouls:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

I will find you and avenge the poor bastard's honor, go on, sin, Darkmoon Ricard, the Flipping Lightning Flinger, comes for you :black101:

If you're on PS3, We can set up a fight. Just know it'll be on my hometurf.

:black101: Sen's Fortress :black101:

I've been incidicted a couple of times, to include having someone dying to a pendulm while I was fighting his white phantom on the bridge. I didn't even tag him, which surpised both me and his summon. As I was leaving the area, I got tagged with the indictment. I didn't even do anything!

Edit: Forgot to mention that someone set down an orange soapstone that said 'Be Wary of Darkwraith' at the start of Sens. Naturally, I downvoted it. :3:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

SixtySix posted:

Master of Sen's and you don't even know about the cage shortcut? Scrub :frogc00l:

True Masters don't need the shortcut!
Please help me I'm so scrubby. What is this refering to?

I'm going to probably end up swapping around points or making a new PvP character. As much as I'm enjoying her, shes not that all effective, so I'll be rummaging around for something a bit more optimal. I'm thinking some sort of STR/INT build around SL 25, with enough Int for Camoflauge. Any suggestions?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Get in close. I found that he doesn't aggro until you go and pick up the robes on the far end of the area. Pick them up, then dance around the pathway to the robes and the big area. He'll throw down the claw; just block or dodge it and get your hits in. Repeat as needed.

What the hell is the pendant for? Is it just some sort of meta-troll?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Just got invaded by a red phantom. He chased me down and I got a few good hits off of him by plunging attack, but I noticed something was off. He ended up bowing to me, and I bowed to him, where we proceeded to have a no-backstab sword fight. It lasted a good 5 minutes, before he backed up, bowed, and dropped a +1 flaming broadsword.

We then stripped down and played fisty-cuffs for another good 5 minutes.

Thanks, whoever you were!

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I actually found the 4 kings fight to be harder than Seathe.

So Darkroot Forest PvP. Go human, hop down, summon the first person you see and go to town on invdaders. Came out with 500k souls around level 40 by the end of the night, without a dried finger. Plenty of interesting things to see, as people come in and out. Ball-shockwaves, Horrendous lag-stabs, getting my Gravelord Sword to actually toxin someone (5 per sec for 600 secs? Oh yes). Bring an indictment to spread some love to the Darkmoon bros, too!

Last night was topped by a solo invader who camoflauged into a small tree, then proceeded to spin in circles while using fire whip, spewing flames in a circle around him. Ended up dying to him as he tumbled in close then one-shotted me with Emit Force/Wrath of God.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Those dogs are a bitch using the Gravelord's sword. They attack quicker than I can swing.

Just beat 4K and Seathe again last night, this time on my Str/Int character. I ended up dropping 24 into strength and forgetting about it now that I could use the Gravelord's sword, then upgraded my +10 shield into the Crest of Atorias.

Unfortunatly, that requires 10 strength more than I have, so I suddenly found myself out with a shield. Decided to go to 4K and just dodge all the attacks, was over-weight by a ton of points. Ended up dropping everything but my Elite Knight +8 chest, Ring of Favor/Abyss walker, Grass Crest shield, and Gravelord's Sword.

First two run throughs were pretty bad, Gravelord Sword did damage, but its opening swing is way too slow. After two tries, I swapped out for a +5 Flaming Broadsword, which took longer, but eventually I won out.

Seathe went down easy; no problem. Cut off his tail using a full Elite Knight, Gravelord Sword, Grass crest shield for stamina regen, and Darkroot Grain/Ring of Favor.

---

Got invaded earlier by a Darkmoon Blade; Camoflague is simply the best spell. While they run around looking for you, you simply pretend your a vase and watch them run around in frustation. Eventually ended up breaking my own illusion, and really, the Gravelord's Sword is seriously strong.

The Sword itself can cause toxin, but the strength of the weapon seems hillariously strong. If you two-hand it, Getting in 4-5 hits (Depending on stamina) will either drain somene's stamina comlpetely and get in a few good hits, or outright kill them. The opening swing is pretty slow when 2-handing it, but if the first hit causes a hit, it usually staggers and allows you to dump the rest of your stamina into kicking their rear end. The R2 thrust catches alot of people off guard as well, and even if they are super-tanky, you'll eventually toxin them with enough hits. From there its just a matter of preventing them from equipping and using the blooming moss herb, and you've won.

The only real downside to this sword seems to be its slow opening swing and the fact that it requires Demon Titanite to upgrade. Seriously, gently caress Titanite demons.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

notZaar posted:

Haha yeah, this is the worst game to button mash in. I usually go play something more spaztic when I get in the mood, then come back for careful methodical medieval rear end-whuppin.

Tip: Shoot the dragon's tail! :eng101:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Feed your humanity to the Queelag's sister. She needs it.

:smith:

Edit: To be fair, opening up that shortcut will save you alot of time, plus pyromancy spells.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Fed 30 humanity to the spider lady, then killed her cause Queenla wanted me to. Turns out I have to kill the one in Lost Izalith as well; and I didn't open the secret passage first.

:v:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

Slashed off the dragon's tail and got my drake sword!

Slashed?

I'm playing a STR/END/VIT character right now, and I'm struggling along. I'm at the point where I have 34 STR, but not enough DEX to use my BKHalberd, which is a sickly weapon. I'm considering going down and harrassing Nito for a decent sword, since I fell in love with it last run through, and I already meet the stats for it, but Catacombs. Just finished Queelag, made it to her sister and dumped a ton of humanity on her, so just a bit more and I'll be back to my previous run through :v:.

Running pure STR is kind of nice; pulling out the Dragon King Greataxe and being able to 2hand it surpised my phantoms during the Queelag fight. Dropping Man-Eater Mildred in two hits felt soooooo good.

Also, for those of you who are starting a new game; go ahead and pick up the New Londo Ruins Firekeeper soul. You only have to fight 5 ghosts along the way, and can grab it while the water is still up. You can lure the ghosts that spawn on the bridge back to more open ground and kill them there with a transient curse; so there isn't really anything stopping you from reaching Undead Parish with an Estus flask +1.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

If you can't handle 5 ghosts; I really don't know what to say. My general route in starting a new game is Firelink -> Catacombs item run (Zweigh, Winged, Souls) -> New Londo Firekeeper. If I had a master key, I'd sequence break suicide run for the firekeeper soul in Blight Town, as you can easily avoid the fatties, getting toxined isn't a big deal cause you're planning on dying anyways, then you can just fall down, grab the soul, and let the dogs maul you to death. Hell, you could even stop by Valley of the Drakes and pick up those items there.

I'm not that big of a machosist, though. 5 ghosts is plenty easy enough, and doesn't require anything you can't find along the way.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Dark Wraith gimmick is fun, but be sure to drop divine weapons before hand so they can fight you!

I think after getting platinum, my next gimmick will be a Black Knight. Or maybe nothing but throwing weapons. Or dual weilding crossbows. Or camoflauge fire-spewing tree.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

From what the internet tells me, 10% that it takes them to level if you kill the invadee, 50% if you kill the invader.

I believe the internet is wrong :v:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Ledneh posted:

I guess I could try a str or a dex build, I haven't tried to wield Nything fancier than a claymore/zweihander before...

Might I suggest paying Nito a visit? 24 STR, 12DEX is the requirements for his sword, IIRC.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

For the individual using the gravelord sword: It takes a bit to get going with it, but two-handing it and swinging before you need hit them really makes the difference. The two-handed thrust can be canceled out of as soon as it hits, allowing you to roll backwards safely.

Keep trying the sword, don't give up!

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

For Four Kings, you can dodge them easily. You have to be under 25% and have the grass crest shield, however. Also helps to have the green plant for more stamina regen.

Run at the first King and hug him. The kings have 4 swipe attacks (Left -> Right up, Right -> Left up, Left -> Right down, Right -> left down), a thrust, a missle spell, a grab, and an explosion.

Whenever they're swiping; you have to dodge into the hit. If they're swinging from left to right, dodge left. They'll usually have a follow up attack of the same attack, just oppsite. Then they'll have a recovery time where you attack.

The thrust is telegraphed pretty hard, dodge to the left or right and you should be fine.

The missle spell is pretty much unavoidable with some insane tracking, so go ahead and pull out your crest shield and block it, you won't take too much damage. It travels pretty slow, however.

The grab is pretty rough; good tracking and travels a long distance. 4-5 backwards dodges should make the King stop chasing you.

The explosion will take three dodge rolls backwards to get out of. He telegraphs by spinning around in a circle, which is the same as the grab; so as soon as you see it, just start moving away from them.

Fire weapons deal more damage to the 4Kings if I remember correctly, so a few quick bursts of pyromancy can put them down quickly. Fire weapons do great here as well.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Just a friendly reminder that the Gravelord Sword is infact, the best sword, and you should all be ashamed for not using it.

gently caress demon titanite, though :argh:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Swing before hand, stagger on the first hit, continue bashing their face in.

Just gotta get used to it. Like parrying, but on the offensive.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

No need for magic if you don't want to. My current run through is a Greatshield of Atorias + Gravelord sword +4. Then I just hit people to death with it. No magic needed.

If you do want to pick up magic, grab pyromancy. Pyromancy is stat-free and only relies on upgrading your glove. It gives some good spells such as Greater Combustion, Power within, Mist spells(PvP), fireballs, and fire tempest, so it nicely fills out your magic needs without having to dump int/faith.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Its the easiest greatshield to equip from what I recall; but I'll still take my Atorias any day.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

e: f;b

Judge Tesla posted:

Is there any major benefit to giving Quelaag's sister humanities since nothing much seems to be happening, given her 10 as of now.
On another note, got invaded by a naked dude using only a shield and sword, my Black Knight Sword/Shield got me 8800 souls off him, it was a mercy killing.

At 30 humanity, you get a new pyromancy and unlocks the shortcut in Lost Izalith. Make sure to open the shortcut before abandoning the covenant, however!

It also helps her ease the pain :smith:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

She did it cause she cares! Have some respect for the Fair Lady.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Sounds like you're just unlucky. Are you sure its not just the same guy invading over and over?

----

What is everyone's opinion on Dark Souls vs Demon Souls take of magic? Personally; I enjoyed Demon Souls' magic resource; using Mana and mana consumables (Later using mana regen out of rings). I'm not a big fan of 'Vatican/spells per X' casting in the first place, so playing a caster in DaS is pretty painful.

I do, however, like the single attunement stat; and the Pyromancy glove. It's basically a melee-friendly way of getting spells, while not sacrificing stats for int/faith to get more spells. I did feel that the lack of 'Fire Resin' spell was kind of awkward for it, but I can only assume they didn't want everyone picking the pyroglove up for just that factor.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword

Sens fortress is the best place to Dark Wraith invade. New Londo, as well, cause you can stand inside the purple blobs.

So I picked up Darkmoon covenant in my attempt to go platnium; and holy hell am I having fun with this. I've got Seathe and Nito to finish off, so right now I'm wandering around attempting random invasions. Nito's bonfire and Anor Londo seem good hits right now at my SL (75~). There's something enjoyable about seeing 'The Guilty Pay the Price' on your screen as you pray/bow for them.

Had a few good runs for Anor Londo; Nito sword is (Still) overpowered and everyone should be using this weapon. Staggered some guy in Catarina armor after draining all his stamina when he was blocking, as well as winning a 2v1 while some idiot with one of the Dragon King weapons tried to use a strong R2 on me while I murdered his buddy.

Ran out on the Anor Londo summons after a bit, so I headed down to the Nito bonfire, and started invdading there. High point was probably being backstabbed by a fire enchanted halberd from a guy with a fog-ring in a 2v1, having both opponents bow over my 'Corpse' after they thought they killed me, only to stand up and kill them both with Nito's sword. The stagger on that weapon is pretty much insane.

Invaded them again after a few invasions later. Killed them again. The guilty pay the price! Only 3 more ears to go for the miracle!

Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword Gravelord Sword

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Whips are pretty light, yeah? I'd grab Greatshield of Atorias and hide behind that while whipping people good.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot how silly the GoA STR requirement is.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Bonus points for setting down a white soapstone, and invading as red.

(:psyduck:)

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

EC posted:

I've been invading as a Forest hunter and have showed up red and white at different times, it's a bug. A hilarious big to be sure.

Thanks for the whip advice!

Happened to me while I was in the forest as well. Placed down my white soapstone, got summoned as red. Told me I had invaded. The individual infront of me bowed; I hacked him apart with my sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Internet went down for maintence on my off day, so I fired up Dark Souls for some solo play.

Holy crap; it feels so EMPTY when you're running around now. No random phantoms, no bloodstains, no random invasions. It was a bit innerving.

Finally got all of the covenant achivements + gravelord miracles. Found out I'm missing one Pyromancy (Firewhip) and 4 Miracles (Emit Force, Sunlight Altar miracles) for the achivements. Ontop of that, I managed to get Avalyn +15, Maxed out a Divine weapon and a Magic weapon, and started my way towards fire + lightning. My fire/lightning weapons will be Painted Guardian Swords; and I believe I'll be bottomless boxing them over onto a low SL character for Jolly Good Co-operation as a Painted Guardian.

Or maybe a Gravelord :getin:.

I cannot stress how important it is for every heavy/non-dex user to grab Avalyn. It's pretty amazing to be able to gun down any NPC that charges directly at you, usually killing them outright in a single volley (I'm using standard bolts). The reload time is pretty horrendous, however.

If you're using the Greatshield of Atorias, the slam pretty much finishes Nito's baby-skeletons off in one hit, making humanity farming easy.

• Locked thread