Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
I think you're not cheating yourself too much if you at least use an FAQ to make sure you don't miss a weapon you really want. Weapons essentially alter your whole playstyle so not getting, say, the DBS or Great Sword in DeS if you really want to play a Guts character could actually alter your enjoyment of the game in a different way than getting spoiled.

I still may try a totally spoiler-free first run though just to do it once, although with a sexy Future Press guide tempting me resisting the temptation will be harder than ever. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011

ireladd posted:

Alert, goons! I found a store in L.A. that broke the street date! I just picked up two copies for the PS3 and will be not sleeping at all this weekend. Why did I pick up two copies? Because I'm happy to help out my fellow goon. So if any of you are in the L.A. area and would like the game early, I will sell it to you at the same cost I paid for it, which is like, $60 plus tax. It is the standard version, but still, four days early!

So tempted. Is it the CE? I'm going for an evening walk and am stopping by Hyper Game on the way to see if they have any English copies.

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

Did you even read what you quoted? Check that last sentence, bro.

Sorry. I should know better than to post from my phone.

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
Well, my Amazon order didn't come through, but at least if there was one game I would be okay with supporting by buying twice it's this. Still, you lost yourselves a Skyward Sword preorder, Amazon.

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
Finally got mine delivered by Amazon and sat down to play a few hours. It feels just as amazing as it did when I was playing Demon's Souls for the first time, if not more so. The added focus on exploration adds so much to the game to me. After the tutorial they plunk you down an area with multiple divergent paths and say "go nuts". It really makes you feel so small in a big imposing world.

Another thing I'm really I'm blown away by is use of color in this game. Demon's Souls achieved such a dark, hopeless atmosphere partly through using somewhat monochromatic color palettes, but Dark Souls does the same thing while utilizing gorgeous saturated palettes. I've never seen anything else that matches the atmosphere created by it, and it really helps DeS and DaS feel distinct to one another.

As an aside, I wanted to ask people with Future Press guides: Did the pages on yours come slightly wavy? I got mine from Gamestop and it looked fine in the store, but after taking off the shrink wrap I noticed this, in addition to what looks like a dried wet spot on one of the later pages. I suspect some douche employee at store used it and resealed it, but I fear they might not let me return it since I have no way of proving it wasn't me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

Mine had wavy pages. It's the paper and will fix itself if you flip through it and leave the book open halfway. The pages seem to flatten themselves out and the ink finally dries.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better. My CE tin came with a dent and a scratch so if both my nice things were ballsed up I would be kind of disappointed.

• Locked thread