Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
GAH!
My loving roommate was giving the game a shot on my save and I figured it would be fine. What does he do? Kills the two good guys at Firelink shrine. The guy near the fire and the guy who sells miracles. Did he totally just poo poo up my save?

I'm on the bell gargoyles and level 20. I'm seriously debating whether or not to start all over again. All the "this game is hard"-poo poo in this game didnt get me mad, but my loving roommate plays for 45 minutes and manages to gently caress it up. I should have told him up front to gently caress himself and start from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Hm, the Heal miracle is pretty handy though, but not necessary. The rest of the miracles are interesting but not very useful except in specific circumstances. Homeward is replaceable with a 800 soul purchase, which leaves Force that has very situational uses.

That game should be fine.
Thanks goodness. I love this game, and have had some frustration. Nothing totally rage inducing, I most have died about 50x pre-minotaur. But for some reason every time I die, I'm less angry and more just slightly disappointed with myself. Althought there was a tiny bit of rage mosstly at the absolute beginning before the minotaur before I had some okay gear. Right now I'm playing a pyro with mostly the winged spear and a hollow shield. Stuck on the gargoyles and just been sorta wandering around the the bonfire near the smithy near the church.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

andrew smash posted:

Haha, right after posting this I successfully summoned another player for the first time ever, and me, this dude, and solaire absolutely rocked them.
Am I correct in thinking that I can not invite a specific person into my game? Like if my roommate bought a copy me and him couldn't just play together?

Sorry if that's a dumb question but I'm seriously avoiding reading pretty much everything about this game. Including this thread.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

Light Weapons - Long Range Thrust Swords, Spears, Whips

-This attack occurs during the Block, you don't drop your block at any point during the attack. This is a great tool throughout the whole game, it trivializes many enemies and even some bosses.

This, so much this. I'm watching my roommate slog through as a caster and get smashed over and over and over and OVER. I'm sitting patiently trying not to tell him how to play, but jeez, grab a shield and spear and keep your shield up while you circle your enemy poking at their butt. And when he does use his shield, he just puts it up, pokes away all his stamina with a spear then gets smacked. Enemies animations are very deliberate, so you can take a hit, drop your shield, recharge stamina, then put it up before their next blow.

Capra demon? KEEP YOUR SHIELD UP
Anor Lando Archers? KEEP YOUR SHIELD UP
Knights? SHIELD. Giants? SHIELD. Giant Knights? SHIELD.

Sure there's some stuff that will smack you through your shield. But 99% of the time KEEP YOUR SHIELD UP. I killed the Capra demon on my first try, in like 4 minutes, without any guides or spoilers. Just walked in, shield up and poked him to death.

I know play styles may vary, but god, I get frustrated just watching my roommate get killed and killed and killed on easy guys. More frustrated than with my own game.

Poke... poke

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
I did it!

Watching the credits finish up right now, I'm so happy

• Locked thread