Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know if "yes there is loot" really encompasses it. The loot in Demon's Souls, and so far in Dark, is spectacular. Weird weapons and items and armor around every turn. It's like say, Baldur's Gate 2 loot, but better.

edit: here, watch this video from Demon's Souls to see what you have to go through to get the moonlight sword.

I wouldn't say the loot is like Baldur's Gate 2 loot at all. The thing about DS loot is that it is functionally differentiated rather than based on stats. There are very big differences between types of weapons, and there comes to be a big emphasis on picking the right tool for the job.

For example, my character is kind of a jack of all trades adventurer. I swap between weapons/armor/rings based on what I'm going up against. So in a lot of cases it's not so much about how much more powerful the loot you're finding is making you, but about the different situations you're now better-prepared to take on now that you've found that shield, sword, armor, ring, or whatever.

It was a big deal for me to get access to a bow after a few hours of dark souls. I wouldn't consider that epic loot, but it makes pulling enemies individually a lot easier. It's not quite the best example, but that's kind of how loot works in DS games. There still are a lot of occassions where you'll find loot that will never be useful to your character, and in those instances the challenge of the boss fight itself has to be it's own reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Ankle-biter posted:

Samurai Sanders can you answer one question for me?

There were (almost) literally no streaming footage of mage characters from anyone. Is this because the first players wanted the most difficult route possible, or do they consider mages gimped this time and took melee for easier play? I know magic was considered easy mode for the first game by many, but why the blackout of them in this game?

There's no conspiracy or anything. Magic is just as powerful, at least in the single player, as it ever was in the first game.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Ankle-biter posted:

Well in the first game you could rush what was it...4-1? For the crescent falchion. Without a hub, I would like to know when you can get a similar item in this game. From what I've heard there isn't any near the start, therefore it's much tougher to use spells at the start.

The mage class starts with soul arrow and a catalyst which is more than enough to cheese your way to unlocking the rest of the more substantial magic pretty quickly. If you're talking about magic weapons then that's an entirely different ball game, and the game has complete re-done that system.

Bonus info:
Crystal geckos now respawn if you miss them!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Okay, I'm getting pretty pissed off. Where the gently caress is the loving first bonfire in the area directly down the stairs and elevator from the starting bonfire where you need to use a consumable to be able to even damage anything. I've even unlocked a drat shortcut in this zone already without being able to find a bonfire. At this point I just wish this game had levels like Demon's Souls did because I'm getting pretty tired of going on my 8th hour of not really knowing if I'm going in the right direction.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Gazmachine posted:

I hope you all realise that every single conceivable complaint about this game can be legitimately explained away with the sentence "The Real Dark Souls Starts Here".

That really should have been the game's tagline.

Dark Souls: The Real Demon's Souls Starts Here

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Spiking posted:

Yo you're talking about the area right after the tutorial area, that grassy place right? And the stupid skeletons that dont even drop souls in the graveyard? You're going the wrong way. Theres another staircase to the right somewhere that leads to enemies you can actually kill. I died there like a million times before I figured it must just be the wrong way. It feels like you can get through with good fighting and you kind of can but it gets even harder so you should probably go the easy way.

Also after the 2nd bonfire I seem to have hit my first real path choice. Too bad I can't beat club guy, big demon bridge dude, or black knight guy. which one did all you other guys with the J version fight? Or am I missing an easy path again?

Hey, yeah, no you're completely wrong. I thought my previous posts in this and the last thread would have made it clear, but I've already rang the first bell. So literally the only new areas I have to go to are the ones you're saying are the wrong way, that can't be the wrong way because there's nowhere else to go.

At the path you're at you're already on the easy path. Go for the big demon bridge dude who is slow and easy.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 29, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Talran posted:

I'mma spoil the hell outta you.Stop going into the town, use that shortcut you opened up from the dragon valley to walk across into the Ill village. From there you'll take a few sets of ladders down, you'll come across an elevator/belt bit, hop on, and ride it down (the one with the platforms so you don't just fall to death). Once down put your back to that wall. There? Good, cut left. Keep going a small ways and you'll notice a sewer-like tunnel, go in. Bonfire there. In this entire area, mind the poison, and deadly poison.If you were to go the other way when you got down from the elevator you'd hit Kuelag. Fair warning, she's a bitch if you've no backup.

Cause they aren't as game breaking effective as you've been lead to believe. There are better ways to troll/kill someone :3

I don't understand what you mean by dragon valley and ill village. There's nothing resembling a valley in this game so far. I need more description than that. I'm playing the Japanese version. The Japanese wikis are not very helpful in this regard.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 29, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Talran posted:

I am too, I just used approximate translation of the areas, so I'm not spewing moonrunes at you guys. :3:
Ah, I believe (don't shoot me if I type em wrong, or choose a bad kanji)飛竜の谷(Flying Dragon Valley) and 病む村(Ill village), if you unlocked the shortcut to dragon valley, it's to the right after you go down the elevator and staircase to 小ロンドイセキ. If you unlocked that shortcut that is. Otherwise..... You'd have to go to Dark Forest「黒い森の庭」, and Take that hidden-ish path you find when backtracking a little bit in before the sealed door to Forest Valley 「狭間の森」. Down there you'll find a non respawning black knight. just around him is a cave, it's got a bonfire, and leads to Flying Dragon Valley. Blitz through FDV, left at the intersection, and around the cliff. There's a shortcut to Small Rond Ruin 小ロンド遺跡 after you get a key from a bit inside Ill Village.

Edit: sorry, I'm not at home, and most of these are me trying frantically to remember stuff exactly as they were in game, I can hop on an IRC channel later if need be to help.

That's a lot clearer. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. The ill village now that you've posted it in moonrunes sounds like a thing I was trying to get to based on the stuff I was reading on the Japanese wiki's. I feel like such a failure for not being able to figure this poo poo out. I've explored so much of the rest of the world.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

So some of you may have remembered my big long spiel from the Demon's Souls thread about how 5-2 is the godess's gift to game design because it forces the player to do stupid poo poo based on them not being able to weight options properly when fearful of dying due to poison? Yeah, the equivalent area in Dark Souls is not so much like that. I hope this is cryptic enough to not need to spoiler tag.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

GhostDog posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely talking more about the latter. I don't want to know in advance behind which door a boss lurks, what he looks like, and that he's weak to fire. I also personally don't want to know that I have to go up there and left there to "find" a Dragon Sword. Basically all the exploration/experience on first playthrough stuff. Looking up something as obtuse as the unique upgrade paths using Colorless Demon Souls is fair game.

The first playthrough of a game like this is kind of sacred. Everything after that is completely fair metagaming to me that I consider to have been intended by the designers. Even with knowing exactly what I needed to do to platinum Demon's Souls it was still difficult to accomplish.

There is a bit of these games that's based on knowing what to do, but far more is actually based on having the skills. You can know where to go all you like, but if the enemies keep kicking your rear end then they'll keep kicking your rear end.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

drat, I just had my first death that was caused entirely by frame rate issues. So far there's only been one area of the game with big frame rate problems, but they are HUGE. And of course it is full of catwalks, narrow passages that crams up the camera, and tiny flying insects that if you lock onto them the camera is constantly swinging around at random.

The bigger problem is that you can't actually stop those flying insects. They just spawn infinitely which is really really lovely. I also believe those insects cause the slowdown in that area. There's no slowdown at all when they're not around, and if I'm backed into a corner facing only a wall the frame rate will tank with only 1 of them on screen. I think it's the motion blur shader on their wings causing it.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh drat, so the bugs and the frame rate problems are actually one in the same problem. poo poo. Also I can't figure out how to activate the shortcut in that stage, it looks like a dead end. I have died more on this stage than the whole rest of the game combined, so I think it's time to check a faq.

edit: The Japanese wiki has no mention of this, it just says to open the shortcut and return to the bonfire. What is going on here?

Which shortcut there's one that's kind of a shortcut to that area, but I haven't ventured too far in that area to know for certain what you're talking about. If it's the thing I think you're talking about then you're going the wrong way. You'll be able to go the way you're going after you open that shortcut from the other side.

If you're in the cave with the bonfire then I think you need to head left and traverse that stuff which should lead you to opening a shortcut. Once you've opened that shortcut you'll be able to approach that same area by heading right after leaving the cave with the bonfire, and be able to get back to where you were while not having to fight so many enemies.

In terms of my own game. I used 2 firekeeper's souls which gave me 10 humanity. I decided to use it as much as possible by running around the game world strengthening fires. When I got back to the starting area I noticed something absolutely horrifying....the fire is out, and the firekeeper is dead!. The game gave me an item to avenge that which I think I'll do now that my Estus flask is charged up, I've levelled up a bit, and I've bought some more spells.

I also got invaded for the first time in the defilement-like area. The invader was terribad. He was naked save for a meat cleaver, and I was able to sidestep + backstab my way to an easy victory. The rewards for killing invaders in this game are substantial. It makes me want to stay in human form more often to try to take more of them out.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Schwartzcough posted:

Did you catch the invader's name? The people on the IGN stream encountered a naked "invader" with a meat cleaver in the swamp which they easily dispatched- turns out it was actually an NPC invader.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure it was the NPC then. He was too dumb. A human wouldn't ever attack a player in that spot.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 1, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Edge Zero posted:

Well I only rented it so I only devoted enough time to it to beat 1-1. I did kill the red eyed knight though to get a hilarious amount of souls, though! I had just heard somewhere that bows couldn't be aimed well.

The fool that told you that was most likely referring to the fact that the arrows actually arc with physics and lose force over time resulting in less damage. To some this can be seen as "those arrows don't go where I put my crosshairs so this is bogus!"

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

So the fact that enemies can grab you now even if you have your shield up with full stamina is really hosed up, and kind of unfun. Right now these enemies are basically one-shotting me with this poo poo. I hope later on it only takes something like half my health. I hope to god it's not programmed in as a one-shot no matter what.

edit: It appears to be designed so that your first time through it's almost a one-shot, but later on it would only be about 75% or 50%. We're cool now. I still love you Demon's Souls.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 1, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Someone started adding MS paint diagrams to the Japanese wiki:

I find that so precious.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Wait what? Explain this please.

The only way to see how many souls you need to level up is to already have that many souls. If you go to the level up screen the game simply won't let you add points to a stat unless you have enough souls to purchase it. So if you don't have enough souls then the game doesn't let you, and thus the game never displays how many souls it takes to level up to the next level.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, there is some bug or something going on that makes target switching way, way less reliable than in Demon's. I have gotten used to simply un-targeting and then re-targeting to grab the nearest enemy.

Switching targets in Dark Souls requires a double-tap up or down on the right stick.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

I just hosed Angelina Jolie with my magical spear. This game is so great. I spent all of yesterday running around in the wrong direction, but I found some awesome loot so that made it worth it. I can also now make it through that section almost with my eyes closed.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Coolness Averted posted:

Not quite yet for all of us.

Yeah, I don't really know what people expect in those hours leading up to release. There really isn't too much except for people to :f5: their preorder pages, or bitch about region or broken street date and which family funeral will be cutting into their playtime.

Yes, there is something to talk about...the game. This game has been out for like 10 days in Japan. There have been widely broken street dates for this game in other parts of Asia. Some retailers have broken the street date in the US or Canada. As evidenced by the conversation that's happened since the Japanese release...there were people here calmly discussing the game up until the thread had to explode with whining about shipping. Nobody gives a poo poo if Coolness Averted doesn't have the game yet.

Nobody's going to be reading this thread F5'ing waiting to hear the news of Coolness Averted receiving the game. Nobody's losing sleep over Coolness Averted or anyone else not having the game yet or not being able to get it for a day or two. People are literally making posts that are important for nobody else but themselves, and 4 pages of it gets old real fast since it's not actually about the game.

If, as you say, there's nothing to talk about then don't loving post. Nobody is being forced to constantly post.

I promise not to spend any more time, energy, or posts complaining about this since this is already pretty much backseat modding. I just wanted to explain why somebody might not appreciate the way the past 4 pages of this thread have gone.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 4, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't think this counts as a spoiler since it's just talking about a feature from Demon's that makes an appearance here as well, but just in case...

You know how at the end of 3-1, you beat the boss and monsters come and carry you away to another place? That happens in Dark Souls too. Except that you can't get back, since there's no nexus to teleport to And then from there it's possible to wander into another place inside THERE that you can't get back from either. I'm two layers deep in poo poo now...

You can get back fine. Go back to that area and talk to the one that brung 'ya.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

*double post*

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, but how do I get out of the painting first? There's nothing but a broken bridge the way I came in...

I can't answer that because I didn't go that deep down the rabbit hole. You have to be able to get out of there. Sorry, you're deeper than I thought you were. I thought you meant you had gotten yourself into the cathedral in Anor Rondo. I didn't realize you had decided to enter a painting before finding a bonfire.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Volitaire posted:

Gonna agree with this. I wouldn't say it feels stiff, but compared to DeS everything feels a little slower. Definitely need to be a little more deliberate when it comes to attacks and rolls.

Make sure you're not making the mistake of comparing your high level DeS character to your current low level DaS character. The combat feels pretty much exactly the same in my opinion save for the deliberate changes in controls/abilities they made.

Heavy armor is better this time. You can roll properly in it eventually if your Dex is high enough.

G.I. Jaw posted:

I attempted the Taurus Demon twice, and on the third time he apparently just got tired of living and threw himself off the castle ramparts about five seconds into the fight. It was a fairly anti-climatic end for him. :(

Get used to this. I've killed like 3 bosses where I've been kind of mystified about how I actually killed the thing.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

J posted:

Is there any other use for fire keeper soul besides having the mute reinforce your estus flask?

You can accidentally waste them by consuming them on your own for +5 humanity, and then bitch about your weak Estus flask later on. That's been working out pretty well for me. :smithicide:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Zeratanis posted:

So question for after the first bell: Is the sewer the best place to go? I've died twice now to those loving frogs and can't find a bonfire. I can't tell how close I am to the boss either. :negative:

Yes, that is the intended path. Though, there are other paths available that avoid that area and another altogether.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

DeathSandwich posted:

If it's the black knight at the top of the spiral staircase, do NOT FIGHT HIM, it's a newbie trap, there is literally nothing up there, come back later on when you're a boss and slaughter him. Go back where the boar was standing, there should be a staircase right behind him leading down. Follow that around and there should be two ladders up toward the back of the room.

That area with the knight at the top of the parapet is not a newbie trap. That knight is guarding the back of the dragon. If you snipe the dragon from that location with an arrow it will die in a single hit. This is a reference to sniping the dragons with arrows in Demon's Souls.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 5, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

You guys complaining about any of these boss fights in the first half of the game are such whiners. Every single boss I've been up against so far, save maybe for the optional one in the small-ish room, have been complete pushovers. Even the one in the small room isn't that bad. That room isn't that small. In fact, it's big enough to kite him in such a way that he never can actually hit you while you also have time to spam soul arrow to victory.

I wasn't like a super expert at Demon's Souls, either. I exploited most of the bosses rather than fought them honestly, and I'm still not finding Dark Souls to be that hard at all. It's just requiring patience like Demon's Souls did.

Maybe I'll change my tune here in the second half of the game, but the amount of bitching going on about the camera or how the fight is unfair is just priceless. Some of you guys should stop being terrible. I won't say the camera in these games is the best ever, but it's rarely been an issue for me.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

GhostDog posted:

Says the guy who spams soul arrow ;)

If I have time to plant my loving feet to cast soul arrow then certainly most other people can figure out a way to hurt him in that same amount of time. Casting soul arrow leaves you about as open as doing a heavy attack.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Leyburn posted:

Hahaha, that's what I was thinking too.

I've not had a lot of trouble with the bosses either, so I agree with him there. But the camera most certainly sucks (and is likely to get you killed at some point) and the game is much, much harder than Demon's Souls and a lot more unfair about it too. Maybe that's just because I'm not spamming soul arrow though!

You're going to need to explain how any of them are unfair because every single boss from the beginning of the game up until at least Anor Rondo is slow as poo poo and any player with any amount of experience playing Demon's Souls will literally be able to run circles around them.

Also, using soul arrow doesn't require a covenant, and is fairly cheap. So it's not like I'm using some build-specific strategy. I'm just using the right tool for the job. Some things I plink with arrows. Some things I stab in the back with my dagger. Other things I push my nice spear/catalyst through a few times, and for others I cast a spell. The stat requirements to be able to do all of these things are really minor, and anyone past soul level 15-20 should be able to do most of them.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 5, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Leyburn posted:

Only if you first explain where I said the bosses were unfair?

Leyburn posted:

Hahaha, that's what I was thinking too.

I've not had a lot of trouble with the bosses either, so I agree with him there. But the camera most certainly sucks (and is likely to get you killed at some point) and the game is much, much harder than Demon's Souls and a lot more unfair about it too. Maybe that's just because I'm not spamming soul arrow though!

If you weren't referring to the bosses then what were you referring to? Either way I still think you need to explain yourself.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Leyburn posted:

I explicitly say the bosses didn't cause me much trouble... and even outright say I agree with what you said regarding bosses!

I was referring the game itself. These parts... New Londo Ruins, The Tomb of Giants, the suicide runs you're forced to go on to kill the skeletons in the Catacombs that rely on luck as much as anything else. These parts push things a bit too far, and are more cheap and unfair than just simply hard. I'm not saying I dislike it. It's just different than Demon's Souls, and much harder.

Hey you said it buddy!

Yeah I'll admit the camera did cause a few deaths when fighting the Iron Golem. But the parts of the game I had in mind, that I thought were unfair, weren't the boss encounters.

You're dinging me for reading comprehension when I repeatedly said I hadn't played past Anor Londo yet, and then you cite stuff from past that point?

I meant cheap in the sense that it wouldn't take anyone more than about 10 minutes to farm souls to buy soul arrow from the merchant.

Also, the camera didn't cause you deaths when fighting Iron Golem. You not keeping track of where the ground is caused you deaths when fighting Iron Golem.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Leyburn posted:

Yeah, it was a joke to lighten the tone of this discussion somewhat. I'm glad to see it worked.

Listen, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are my favorite games in a very long time. I love and will defend to the death nearly every single decision From has made with these games. I do not find them to be that difficult, and I have little patience when it comes to whining about it.

The reason that kind of whining annoys me is because I fundamentally believe these games are fair, and somebody coming into this thread reading a bunch of posts whining about the camera might come to what I believe is the wrong conclusion about the game. I understand why gamers might have trouble with certain aspects of these games, but I truly believe it comes down to a general lack of patience on the part of many players.

The camera isn't perfect, but I'm not going to blame it for the 5 times I got pushed off the edge of the tower when fighting Iron Golem. Yeah, the camera wasn't showing me exactly where that ledge was while I was locked onto the enemy. However, there was nothing stopping me from putting myself in a spot where I knew there would be ample room. I chose not to, and so I died. I could have even untargeted that boss to make certain I was in a good spot. I didn't, and so I died.

These games give the player ample opportunity to beat, and in a lot of cases, straight up exploit the enemies and bosses. I don't have a lot of sympathy for players that choose not to take advantage of those opportunities then whine about the results. I'm not saying that's you, but it is other people in the past 10 pages or so.

Gary Dupre posted:

Are you saying he's not allowed to cite the entire basis for what his point was simply because you haven't been there yet?

No, and you should pay attention to the flow of conversation. I said that as far as I have played the game has been pretty easy and very fair. He disagreed. Then he proceeded to cite the reasons for his disagreement as things past where I said I based my opinion.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 5, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

GhostDog posted:

Dude, you're taking this way too seriously. The game - at points - is annoying due to control, camera and framerate issues. That's a valid criticism and not whining. Nobody in here said the game isn't excellent despite those issues.

I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept that some people are not going to like it no matter how much you defend it to your death. Just listen to the current bombcast, that's going to give you an aneurysm if you go in with that mindset. Ryan thinks the combat is clunky. Jeff doesn't see the huge fuckoff castle wall and aqueduct leading to it, complains that the game's two possible routes are too hard, stops playing :haw:

We're in a forum where we talk about video games. Forgive me for taking video games seriously.

I disagree completely that the camera and controls are valid criticisms. The game does control deliberately, but the enemy movement is just as deliberate as your own movement is. The framerate is a valid issue in certain spots.

I have listened to this week's Bombcast already, and I can forgive them since they've played very little of either game.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

TalonDemonKing posted:

Screw that firebomb bridge in undead burg. It's like they don't want you to get past it without losing a ton of HP.

So for anyone who's used a bow or crossbow, is there any way to manually aim it rather than lock-on? Lock-on won't happen until it's too late, and it's really, really annoying.

Also; it took me forever to learn how to level. Apparently you gotta press Right on whatever you want to upgrade before you

L1 will put you into first person mode to aim manually while you are wielding a bow.

edit: or LB on 360.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 5, 2011

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

VerySolidSnake posted:

I'm in the undead berg and fighting the boss ontop of the bridge. I think I'm on the right track by luring him to the top of the tower and fighting him up there, but I keep getting my rear end handed to me over and over again (then I have to spend a good 10 minutes getting back to where I was). Any tips on that fight?

Jump on him like the tutorial tells you to jump on the tutorial boss. No I'm not spoiler tagging this. It's in the tutorial.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Shalinor posted:

When you kindle a bonfire, does it then give you 10 flasks from then on, period? Even if you die, quit, reload and come back later, etc? Or is it a somewhat temporary upgrade?

Also, every few minutes, a weird golden light beam seems to come from nowhere in particular pointed at my head (or come out of my head), along with a strange noise. Once, I thought it gave me a point of humanity, but not every time. What the heck is that thing? Is that what happens when someone rates a message I've dropped, or... what? Is it a good thing?

Kindled bonfires stay that way forever, and that other noise your hearing is someone kindling a bonfire nearby in another game. When they do that it gives you +1 to your Estus flask. There's some tougher areas where it's very common to get boosts like this. I was in an area tonight where I got 3 in a row in quick succession that put me up at 13 Estus flasks.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

I would like to gloat here that I beat Ornstein and Smough on my first try solo. All of you are a bunch of whiners. They're both slow, and there's shitloads of those columns available to gently caress up their pathing.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

CodfishCartographer posted:

So I'm balls deep in Anor Lando. How do I get back to firelink without walking eighty thousand miles (or do I really just need to walk eighty thousand miles)

Trust me you don't want to do that. I know the despair you're feeling in Anal Rondo, and I can promise you that light awaits you if you can persevere. Keep plugging along. You will get exactly what you want and exactly what you deserve.

Fonzarelli posted:

I don't think i've ever been to a place in a video game which is quite as horrible as Blight Town.

The best part is that you can skip all of blight town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

gently caress you Big Hat Logan. I didn't save your stupid rear end before, and then I completed and explored all of the Duke's Archives. So I go save your dumb rear end later, and you only stay in the Firelink shrine for like 10 minutes. Then you're supposed to gently caress off to Duke's archives, but hey you're not there for whatever dumb poo poo reason. Yay!

• Locked thread