Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

The poster formerly unknown as Mr. Gybe
This has probably been talked about before but is there really no way to see how many souls you need for leveling up? That 'Soul Req.' stat is completely useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

Sumixam posted:

Have you not leveled up yet? It becomes obvious how it works when you do it.

Oh no, I have. I guess I wasn't being totally clear. I know it shows how many souls you need, but only if you actually happen to have enough to level. If you don't, you can't increase the stats and see how much that would cost you.

For me this often results in: I think I have enough > sit down at the bonfire > whoops, not enough > get up, use a soul from inventory > sit down, try again. It's an inconvenience, that's all. But it's also a pretty huge oversight/dick move in a game where leveling up is a central game mechanic.

Guess I'll get the guide or wait for something to pop up on the wiki or elsewhere.

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

Man, just died on my second try against the Gaping Dragon after getting it down to 1/5th of its health. After that I decided to farm souls in the Depths and get a ton of those lightning buffs from the vendor just before the boss. Now the fucker's like 'You get one but no more'. What the hell? Do vendors run out of stuff to sell eventually?

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

User0015 posted:

Is there any way to finely aim a bow in this game? I'm trying to snipe enemies, but the lock-on is to far away from them despite the fact they will happily lob an endless supply of fire bombs at me? :confused:

Also, for how realistic this game can be (with dragons and fireballs), why doesn't exploding fire bombs hurt ancient rotting undead cadavers? Besides my own. :mad:

There is a first person aiming mode, yes. I think it's L1 on the PS3? Dunno about the 360, but it's gotta be there.

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

User0015 posted:

Do I need to have the string drawn before I go into aiming mode, or do you go into aiming mode first? I was holding RT (Xbox360) to draw, then slapping every button I could think of to enter first person mode.

No, you just need to have the bow equipped, as in holding it in your hand. As I said, I'm on PS3. Check the manual or wiki maybe?

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

Okay, I just made it to the swamp in Blighttown again and decided to take a break. I'm totally lost down there and have no clue where to go. The poison and fire-breathing bugs I can deal with... what's driving me insane are the mosquitoes. There's an endless stream of them coming for me, they clip through geometry, every once in a while they turn invisible, and are sometimes impossible to hit. Is there a way to make it stop?

VVV Okay, I'll look for that. Thanks! VVV

The Yellow King fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 11, 2011

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

Heed the other guy's advice, but did you find the bonfire down here yet? That should be priority number 1.

No, I haven't! I'm at the entrance to the swamp coming from the Depths, where do I turn from there?

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

Eh, crap, reply instead of edit...

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

I just found a section about player trade on the wiki. People are requesting stuff... How does it work?

Also, can anybody tell me where the blacksmith and the second bonfire are in the Catacombs? I made it to the Titanite Demon but used a home bone cause I didn't want to lose my souls. Apparently you get to the bonfire before you get to him, but I didn't see anything. Is this another one of those illusory wall deals?

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

I don't get people complaining about how long it takes to get back to a boss after dying. I feel the game is actually pretty good about that in most instances, what with bonfires and all little the shortcuts you can find. It was much worse in Demon's Souls. There's no bonfire after going through 4-1 (without the cheesy shortcut) or 5-1. You have to fight a boss right away, and chances are you're going to die at least a couple of times if you don't know what you're doing.

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

So should I be doing Tomb of Giants right after Catacombs? I fell to my death twice right at the start and said gently caress it. I have no clue where to find that lantern.

Also, could someone point me to that video of the guy farming souls in the forest? I just opened the door and forgot how he did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Yellow King
Jul 18, 2001

So, whose idea was it to replace 'Victory Achieved' with 'You Defeated'?

• Locked thread