Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

wait so magic spells are items and if you don't have them equipped you can't use them? That's so terrible. I need a shield and dagger so that's two spells I can have readied? what is the point of a catalyst then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Leyburn posted:

No, magic works the same as Demon's Souls but with set number of uses instead of a mana bar.

in this stream I'm watching right now he has a flaming hand spell in his items and equipped it. and it says there are 7 charges left.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Are all the weapons viable? What kind of stats should I think about to use a scythe well?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

does this game do that thing from DeS where you constantly have to press select to see if you fell offline or not?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh? As far as I know, in Demon's if you are playing online and get knocked offline, it craps out entirely and sends you back to the title screen.

it will lose its connection, but it won't tell me in any way. Select won't work and that's the litmus test for whether I have the ability to be summoned/summon/be invaded. I've never been kicked off I just suddenly can't leave or rate messages.

Since there's no auto-rate button in Dark Souls, as in: you have to hold the orange chalk in your hand, I'm asking if anyone else notices they aren't online or if there's a fast way to ensure you are if it's still a problem;

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you have a big problem with your internet connection cutting in and out or something?

when I first played demon's souls a year and a half ago, maybe? When I replayed it earlier this year I didn't have nearly so many problems.all I want to know is if the game will actually notify me this time when connection to the DS server is lost

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

can anyone give me a hint what I'm supposed to do? I killed the taurus demon, I killed a pig, I got a mystery key, and..... ????? every staircase up or down ends in an unkillable dark knight and when I went the other way some ghosts slit my throat for me while taking zero damage even with transient curse. I'm soul level 12. where should I be?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

DeathSandwich posted:

You were on the right track, go back to where you got your mystery key, there should be some ladders up. The caped knights are just the next step up in the enemy toughness progression and shouldn't give you *too* much trouble if you've gotten this far. If you are still having problems go back and grind some in the earlier areas.

If the big guy in the church is giving you problems, lure him back into the front room of the church with all the caped knights (after you kill then naturally) The big mace knight is scary and he hits really loving hard, but you can easily backpedal out of his BIG OBVIOUS ATTACK ANIMATION and give him a heavy attack while he recoils from his attack.

I thought I pored over every inch of that area but I'll try to get back there without dying to the combination of arrows and swords.

homeless snail posted:

Those dark knights aren't unkillable. Just lure them out into an open space and fight conservatively, you can take them down. You're on the right track, keep going!

I backstab them four times and their health bar doesn't move I'm clearly not able to kill them

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Grondoth posted:

I love how this thread is full of questions. I haven't found a place to learn more miracles. But then again, I'm level 4.

that's easy. in the starting area there's a man talk to him four times and he'll teach you miracles(they are all expensive and dumb miracles)I don't know what deserves a spoiler tag or not

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 5, 2011

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

DeathSandwich posted:

If it's the black knight at the top of the spiral staircase, do NOT FIGHT HIM, it's a newbie trap, there is literally nothing up there, come back later on when you're a boss and slaughter him. Go back where the boar was standing, there should be a staircase right behind him leading down. Follow that around and there should be two ladders up toward the back of the room.

earlier in the town there are two at the bottom of other staircases. or maybe just one. I know not to try to stab him in the back... now

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Good Citizen posted:

Killed Taurus demon and now I don't know what to do. Talked to a guy afterwards and accepted his task, but I double clicked once and missed whatever he told me to do, and now there's a large dragon in my way and I think I've explored the whole area?

No idea where to go next

this is just what I found out: run halfway down that bridge, dive into the stairs on the right. when you get stuck again look for ladders apparently?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

DeathSandwich posted:

Kill the first set and follow the path up to the right, grab the shiny, run like a school girl, that's all you need from that area for now.

Edit: So since we're up to the point where most of the day 1 purchasers have the game now, would it be worthwhile to start a new thread?

how do you get there? I saw a guy go there from the starting location in a feed but I cannot for the life of me find that graveyard. I can only find an elevator to ghost town.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

okay I was stuck before and now I'm stuck again maybe... just got a fire keeper soul and a basement key after beating a guy with a huge shield and a huge mace. Am I done here? I don't see anywhere else to go?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Crowbear posted:

Are you in the church? If so, then go upstairs.

the guy shooting at me made me miss the ups and downs in that side, thank you.

Side note: why can't I double up on heal since I have attunement slots? do I have to buy a second heal?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

why won't anyone summon me? I don't want to fight this boss sight unseen. I'm right hereeeeee

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

if I crack open a humanity will anyone come help me with bell tower? I've been sitting outside the fog with my sign up for half an hour and no takers!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Gary Dupre posted:

If you're on 360, you may see my white sign outside the bell tower, tag is Scorpius if you see it. Been sitting here hoping someone might summon me.

nope, sorry. Good luck getting picked though. I summoned the NPC but nobody else was around when I was in human form either

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

if I sit here outside belltower, alive, waiting for someone to summon will any appaer? or do I need that assistance ritual?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

not the same formula for who can invite who as demon's souls? my 15 friend doesn't see my level 19 sign outside torus monster (we are sad about this)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

about how many arrows does it take to get the drake sword?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

bobby2times posted:

So I rang the 1st bell after the gargoyles and have no idea where to go now. Do I go to the door with the fat guy with a giant club who 1 hits me? Also gently caress those fire bomb throwers, seriously.

I need to know this too

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Reive posted:

bah I don't feel like I'm making any progress, I've rand the first bell and now I think the only two areas I have available to explore are the forest and New Lando Ruins.

I tried the forest, can't do crap to the electrical demon that guards the path but he's easily avoidable, inside I have made it as far as the hydra one way and the butterfly the other, both one shotted me, and I ran past the giant knights to get there, I didn't try attacking as I was surrounded.

you can get to a forest? I rang the bell and nothing new opened up to me

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Professor Latency posted:

Where the blacksmith is, if you turn around and go past that room with the giant no-headed demon thing you can get into the forest.

There's a blacksmith? in the ruins of londo? There wasn't a room or demon there so I still don't know where the forest is

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Chachi posted:

I keep hearing from people about how the big jerk up on the ramparts was supposed to drop a weapon when he died. Does this happen 100% of the time? All he gave me was a thousand souls and a headache :sigh:

taurus demon? I got jack loving poo poo from him. no souls no nothing. one humanity that I lost to a dragon

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

quote:

Help! I've been cursed and I keep dying in one hit to everything! What can I do?!

Don't delete your character yet and DON'T PANIC. Read the spoiler below for an easy, monster-free way to cure your curse! (thanks to GhostDog for finding this!)

You need to be able to get back to the undead asylum, which requires the elevator in the back of the firelink shrine to be active.

To do so, you must have access to the elevator that goes down to Fire Shrine from the Church, from the bottom, when the elevator starts moving up, you must move forward and drop on top of the area where you exit/enter the elevator at the bottom, follow the path to the right, on top of a little green patch, look down, and you will see a broken column, do a roll towards that broken column and land on it, and go across the beam, from there climb up the stairs all the way to the top, where you will find the craw's nest, when you step in, you will get a prompt to "Curl Into a Ball", if you crawl into a ball, about 30 seconds or so, the craw will pick you up, and bring you back to the Undead Asylum.

I don't have access to the fire shrine, my elevator goes to the church's bell tower. I don't know where I can get a red purging stone, none of these directions make sense to me, a frog barfed on me help

side question: why aren't there ANY loving warnings in the goddamn depths. Nobody wanted to be summoned and nobody warned me about poo poo

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

where can I get a red invasion stone? I am cursed

I hear snoring by the fire shrine chapel. where is this sleeping person?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 6, 2011

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

cool went back to asylum, got two purge stones (is it like last game where you can't trade the same item twice to the crow?)
then i thought hey someone said to check out my old room. lets just cross this giant room and OH gently caress NO. NO NO NO NO NO. When did he learn an AoE explosion move?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Mr. Onslaught posted:

Wow, no wonder the game feels so sparsely populated. Despite selling much less, in Demon's Souls I saw way more white phantoms running around, was invaded more frequently, easier to find someone invade (I just used 4 of the invasion stone things and all of them failed, which still uses up the item btw), etc. That's because Demon's Souls was server based, so you were seeing everyone online basically. So whenever you set up a place to summon a blue phantom with your friend, you could find his sign easily.

Dark Souls is apparently not server based, it's some kind of ping based P2P. You aren't seeing everyone online, just some people that would have low latency if they joined your world. You can drop a sign in specific space and your friend still might not see it, and overall you just have less of a chance of interacting with other players. This is incredibly stupid, and it greatly diminishes what was (for me) the most interesting part of Demon's Souls.

no wonder I couldn't play with my internet friends. I'm sad as heck about this. I wouldn't mind if there were people to summon or people summoning me. It's just so empty

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

can anyone tell me how to use the backdoor into blighttown through londo ruins and valley of drakes?
I go down a bunch of ladders, I go on some walkways, and....???? it's all just dead ends. there is no way down. I'm dying all over the place.

down with the fire dogs some dick wrote "need bravery" facing a jump to a giant wheel and I jumped to it and died so gently caress

how do I get from here to literally any part of the main area?

http://dl7.getuploader.com/g/jajajajajajajajaja/697/%E7%97%85%E3%81%BF%E6%9D%91%E3%80%80%E5%85%A8%E4%BD%93%E3%83%9E%E3%83%83%E3%83%97.jpg
look at this map
look at it

it seems to be telling me to jump into the wheel? the wheel that connects to nothing and has nothing below it? jump on that wheel? what?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 7, 2011

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I was standing around outside quelaag's lair waiting to be summoned and my head was glowed upon, like an angel farted on my head. What was that? I was nowhere near a bonfire so it wasn't someone kindling one, right?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I'm stuck in the catacombs. I seriously can't find my way out of here: I went as far down as I can, there was a spike bridge. I can't find the lever for it. I dropped down onto a ledge, and onto another. It went around and I got a great scythe and then i dropped through some dirt and went around a horseshoe with the scream ghosts and on the other side I found the fog gate to the opposite side of that same spike bridge. I found the loose wall you can smash through. I went all the way up and into that other chamber where I got the darkmoon seance ring. I can't find a single way up. How do I get out of here? where is the lever for this goofy bridge?

also, what is the point of the catacombs? If the lever was right here and I got right back across that would just lead me out. Where is the boss?

ohhhh nooooooo I think in backtracking the fourth time I found my answer. asdf

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 8, 2011

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I rescued this sorcery guy and he called me too stupid to learn sorcery. I raised my intelligence but he won't re-evaluate me. Am I hosed? did I not raise it enough? I just want to cast light

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Okay I am in the unending mosquito hell that is blighttown and I've been wondering whatt the gently caress my objective is here. So far I managed to find a giant spider chick boss but I haven't been able to kill her yet. Is she weak to anything in particular or do I just suck?

it's weak to summoning two phantoms and tag teaming it. also: it's a fantastic place to farm souls. Slap down your sign and kill it a dozen times.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

so I just joined darkmoon blades and I was alive and looking for guilty. And I was invaded. The guy killed me and had inditments on him. I know where he is and he's guilty why can't I invade him, or anyone. how does this even work, do i have to guess where guilty people hang out? does this ring only work in anor londo? I"m extremely disappointed with the execution of multiplayer here.

also this is the first time in 40 hours that I've been invaded because the invasion system is so dumb

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

rizuhbull posted:

Anyone know a good spot to go when you're level 50?

not anor londo! nobody is summoning me here and these gremlinns are kicking my rear end

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

is there any reason someone would summon two dudes in anor londo then run into the boss area and use the black crystal to send them home?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

after 30 hours of no pvp at all, suddenly I can't not get pvp'ed. All my summonings fail but not so the black phantoms who murder me in endor londo. I cannot hit anything with this scythe. I cannot survive anything in this leather armor. I am getting over half my life lost being hit through a block because of lightning? does lightning ignore blocking?

Wish there was a way to reshuffle these points and I don't feel like I basically wasted the last few days of my life

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

nobody will summon me outside of smaug and whatever. any time I show up human some lightning bullshit murders me. I'm out of humanity and I can't farm for souls because I'm too high level for any other boss door. I feel like giving up and starting over

what level are people supposed to be to team up against the two jerks?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

am I wrong or is it possible to farm unlimited souls outside gravelord nito's fog gate? There is no end to these baby skeletons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

What, so nobody wants help killing nito? i'm just sitting here with my sign up for half an hour and nobody wants my help at all?

Harminoff posted:

Alright so far I have beaten the following bosses: Asylum demon, taurus demon, bell gargoyle, capra demon, moonlight butterfly, gaping dragon, pinwheel.

Currently level 31 with mostly Strength/dex. Where to next? I seem to get my rear end handed to me in any direction I take.

probably blighttown.

• Locked thread