Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Risky
May 18, 2003

So I basically just pre-ordered Dark Souls at gamestop and the chick working there said I can come in at midnight for the release. Does anyone know if that's going to be for the collector's edition? Is it just gamestop that is giving those out for preorders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

frosteh posted:

Just got back from a lunch-break Best Buy visit. For those who hate Gamestop (me included), Best Buy hasn't failed me once. I never pre order anything and just go on release day to pick it up. They must've had like 50 copies just sitting on the shelf when I walked up.

I have a serious problem now: the work day isn't over for another 4 hours and I have this game on my desk just looking (laughing) at me. ;/

So pumped to die tonight.

Did they have any Collector's Editions? I'm pretty pissed at gamestop. I went to the midnight release to pick up my preorder and they gave me the regular edition even though when I pre-ordered I said I wanted the CE edition to which the girl working said I was getting. If I had know that poo poo I would have taken my business to best buy which I will from now on.

On the game itself: It's loving BRUTAL, I seriously wanted to snap the disc. Demon's Souls was nowhere near this hard. I'm at the point where I am just running past enemies now because I've probably died 30 times already.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Possible Glitch

I just killed the red dragon with ONE arrow. He fell off and disappeared and then I got 10k souls.

Go to the top of the tower where the black knight is in the area with the armored boar. Go to the top and there should be an open spot to snipe. Hit the dragon in the head with an arrow and he should drop off and he should die.

Hopefully others can replicate this.

Risky
May 18, 2003

I didn't accept the cat's offer in the darkwood garden past the door that costs 20k to open. Now she just tells me to gently caress off. I shot her with an arrow and she died. Is there a way to bring her back? I saved 70k to get absolution but I'm I wasting money? What does she do anyway?

Risky
May 18, 2003

MadJackMcJack posted:

Oh god that's hilarious!

On a similar note, I spoke to the cat-lady-thing there and answered no to her question, and now she's calling me a catnip or something. Have I buggered any chance on joining the forest covenant or do I just need a reboot?

Attack her and go to the first bell with the gargoyles and get absolved of your sins and she'll reset. Answer YES this time.

Start farming the 70k souls you need first though. :(

Risky
May 18, 2003

Where do I find the ninja guy to kill to get that ring that lets you change your roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Did I shoot myself in the foot for being stupid? I did the dragon head glitch to get millions of souls and leveled up to 214. I didn't think to put much in faith so I have around 30 in that department. I don't know how I'm supposed to join the sun covenant now. :(

• Locked thread