Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sputnik posted:

Updated Goon Master Referral ClickList for pages 12-26. Remember, if you want on the list, let's all take the effort to click everyone else's link!

Clicking all these. In the meantime here's mine: http://goo.gl/jO2Wg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Oh god, what gift do I take? So many decisions.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I started as a Pyromancer and magic is...not at all as easy as it was in Demon's Souls. Christ. Any starter hints?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Goddamn, do pyromancers ever become worthwhile to play? This lobbed half rear end firebomb thing sucks.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Two questions:

Is the typical path once you leave the tutorial to go up to the bull headed monster? Am I missing something along the way?

Can I hang around a bonfire to get Estus Flasks replenished?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

Two questions:

Is the typical path once you leave the tutorial to go up to the bull headed monster? Am I missing something along the way?

Can I hang around a bonfire to get Estus Flasks replenished?

Someone tell me I'm going the wrong way. I beat Demon's Souls through NG++, and I am getting DESTROYED. SL4 trying to fight this bull guy.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

DeathSandwich posted:

Underneath the bridge on the left side, kill the hollow knights under the bridge and just stand far enough back that you can put the aiming reticule on it. Shoot it with an arrow and it'll jump forward and act funny for about 10 seconds, wait for it to reset and just shoot it again. Repeat until it's dead or you're out of arrows.

Also like I said earlier, I miscounted, it's closer to 250 arrows at about 16-18 damage a pop, closer to 4300 hp or so.

What did you get for killing him?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What is the drat trick with the shield holding spear skeletons? I can never seem to break past their shield with my sword swings.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What? You can KICK them? How the hell?

Edit: WELP figured it out. That's handy.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So can I summon someone before the twin gargoyle fight? I almost did it on my first try but have not got close since. Can you only summon a certain number of times?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

WebDO posted:

I always drop my white sign to the right side of the temple right before the path that leads to the blacksmith. I'll be on in a little bit if you want some goon help :black101: because while incredibly easy, that battle is fun with a group. I've gotten pretty good at chopping off the tail for my summoners.

And no, summons are only limited by you being human and players having a sign down.

There's a blacksmith??

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

After the gargoyles, should I go to the garden past the Titanite dude or go somewhere else?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

You can explore over there a bit, sure. Your next immediate goal, however, is the door on Solaire's side of the dragon bridge, which leads to the lower burgs, and eventually the Capra Demon boss fight and the Depths (sewers).

Thanks, I'll head that way. Where does one get the lightning spear I hear so much about?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Where is the nearest bonfire to Capra?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

Just next to the white fog door leading to him there is a set of stairs heading down. Take them and you'll open a shortcut to firelink. That bonfire will be the best to use.

That one is further away and has more enemies along the path.
VVVVVV

The locked door or in the giant staircase tower?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, gently caress the Capra Demon; just a horribly, horribly designed boss.

Yeah. Nothing like dying in 5 seconds and knowing you have a boring 3 minute corpse run.

Is summoning help for Capra useful?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Killed the butcher in the depths, now where do I go?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Guliani is HOT posted:

There's a pathway behind some crates where he is, or go back up the stairs and drop down to the little side passage to find a Pyromancer and the bonfire. Make sure to free the pyro guy by rolling. There's also another butcher back there

Where is the bonfire in relation to the pyromancer?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So I beat Capra and am heading to the depths. Still using my starting armor and shield as a Knight with the Drake Sword. Where should I look to start upgrading my equipment? Also, what stats do I need to roll fast with good armor?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What's the easiest way to get back to Darkmoon from the Blighttown entrance?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

SL29, can anyone help me with Havel?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Smelly posted:

Just made Stray Demon my bitch. :black101:

Time to go upgrade my sword into Lighting +5

How do you make a lightning weapon?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What's behind the forest key door that's so great?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Lagos posted:

There's a cheap soul farming method (see the YouTube link above) and a kitty and puppy to play with.

Welp, time to farm.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Still need some advice on what weapon to use after the Drake Sword. What are other Knights using that scales with STR?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What's this I hear about being able to skip most of Blightown using the Master Key?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Now that I got this zweihandler to +9 I feel like I can stop using the drake sword. This hilarious, in nearly full heavy armor, with the quick stamina regain shield and havels ring I a loving tornado of death. I want to make this into an elemental weapon!

What shield is that?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Holy poo poo I hate Sif. I've never had much trouble until this rear end in a top hat. gently caress him. I'm sitting out here waiting for someone to hopefully drop a summon sign.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sorry I know it keeps getting posted, but where's that link showing what you can make out of boss souls?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades#Boss Souls: Upgrade Usage

So if I want the Fury Sword, I need to get a curved sword to +10...can I use ANY curved sword? Is it better to use one in particular?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Crowbear posted:

The eligible swords are Panting Guardian Sword, Murakumo, Server, Shotel, Scimitar, and Falchion

Doesn't matter which one you use, the fury sword always comes out the same.

Where's an easy location to grab one of those?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Man, some phantom named Ocelot I think almost ruled Ornstein single handedly for me. Until we both got one shot. If that was one of you, you ruled.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The Ornstein fight has completely destroyed all the fun I was having in the game. Absolutely zero desire to spend hours trekking back to the start to farm humanity from some rats, so I'm done for awhile.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So, I need more humanity after failing S&O about 10 times. Please say I don't have to walk all the way back to the goddamn rats in the depths.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

Enjoy your rat walk.

At least take the shortcut down Sen Fortress. Use the key from the bottom of the merchant's tower to ride the cage before the boss.

That said, I just helped a couple of people beat those two. One guy hadn't even gotten inside the castle yet. I helped him get past the snipers, open the gate, and beat the boss. Made me happy. It also let me join the sun fuckers covenant.

Wait how do I even get out of this castle? Is there a shortcut?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Oh wow. On my way out to farm rats I remember I hadn't killed that golden knight guy. Killing him gave me 5 humanity!

And O&S experts around?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Well that was lame. Got a black phantom nearly dead so he hid in the Titanite Demon room.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

Gotta say. this game really pushes "tough but fair" rep of Demon's Souls into the total bullshit category more than I'd like. Demon's Souls was never tedious. This game however might be one of the most tedious games I have ever played.

I love it, and it's almost every way it's superior to Demon's. But I think I had more fun playing demons and that's the real kicker.

Agreed 100%. I always felt in Demon's Souls if I died it was my own drat fault. This game has a lot more bullshit fights.

On that note, there should be a service to hire pros to take you through fights. I'd pay good money right now to have someone take me through O&S.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

If you are around the base of the stairway, look for summon signs. Mine is there right now. It will be a golden one. FilthyApe.

Don't see you. I moved to the boss entrance portal in the theory that people that made it there looking to be summoned will be higher quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

After about 20 attempts, beat S&O. Trick is to kill O first, then abuse the broken pillar mechanics with S. Plus I had two awesome phantoms that actually understood the fight helping.

• Locked thread