Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Can't wait to pick this up after class tomorrow afternoon. I only got to play a little of Demon Souls over the years as I never owned a ps3, but I am looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
I feel stupid as poo poo, I'm at the very start had the Abyssal Demon spawn and I ran away, finally got to a balcony with the little text on how to roll. You run to the right and there are steps up to a locked gate, and down to the courtyard with the first bonfire. On the balcony if you run left its a dead end and broken stairs with some body out of reach with a soul hovering above it.

What do I do? The gate wont open, I can't use my master lock or the key I have on it as Use Item is slashed out and the door to the demon that spawned earlier is locked by some contraption. Do I backtrack to the cells? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Smelly posted:

If you ran up the steps with the locked gate, turn around and look at the wall.

I feel really stupid now. I'm gonna turn my brightness up a little, I ran around that little area for about 10 minutes and didn't spot that.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Thundercracker posted:

Did you open that door with the Master Key? He's definitely an optional fight.

What SL should I be at to try him? I'm already past the Taurus demon stuck on the under part of the dragon bridge right now.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Ok, I need some stuff explained cause the manual does a pretty poor job of it.

I'm collecting humanity, and I know the more I collect the better drop rate I get and some kinda resistance. I also know I can kindle bonfires so they give more estus flasks each time. What else can I do with it? I see some of you talking about transforming to human, how do I do that? I have like 5 right now and no clue what to do with it.

With weapons, what is reinforcing vs upgrading?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
I just now hit the bonfire in the Undead Parish and killed the Black Knight in the little church/temple thing with the elevator down to firelink.

There is some guy or statue up in an aclove in the wall that I can't reach but will shoot stuff at me, do I fight him later or did I miss something on how to get to him?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
This game is what I imagine a crack addiction to be like. Brutally addictive yet incredibly hurtful and maddening and just pure sublime fun every time. I think it's because the choices you make have consequences, not huge ones, but enough to piss you off and actually make you play different instead of just Ramboing through.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Gazmachine posted:

My day was just made by nipping into GAME on a shopping trip to see what was out soon (GAME is UK's version of Gamestop - just as obnoxious) to see someone returning Dark Souls to trade in because it was too hard for him and he'd broken a controller in rage throwing it at his radio.

I picked up a used copy at gamestop on the 5th, one day after the US release, 2 hours after the shop opened cause some guy had already traded it in because it was too hard. Gave up after not even a full day.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Got done killing the Gargoyles, getting the axe and ringing the bell but now I have two questions.

What stats do I need for that awesome gargoyle tail axe?

Where do I go now? At the parish bonfire/blacksmith there is some lightning shooting douche I can't beat so I ran past him into some forest but I'm not sure I should be here. If I remember the guy who gave the hint at firelink said the second bell was underground, is that the catacombs underground or that giant elevator down to the blacksmith underground?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Ok, after ringing the first bell I went to the forest area under the blacksmith past the headless demon thing and beat the butterfly. Through all these attempts I ended up with 20,000 souls, should I buy the crest to open those doors next to the bonfire? I also ran into some bug thing with a bright shiny gem butt and tried to hit it and it faded away on me, what was it? Also, a weapon has to be +5 for say, a divine ember to work on it?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Captain Beans posted:

Hmmm so what is the dealio with this axe I got from chopping off the gargoyle tail?

Damage seems ok and it is nice and long, but it does something not really explained. When I pull it out it gives me 'damage' points in poison and other stuff. What should I know about this weapon?

I tried it and didn't like it, I do love the drake sword though and highly recommend getting that if you don't mind to cheese it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Thundercracker posted:

Skyrim is so embarrassingly easy. The iconic dragons are about 0 effort. Even Mammoths and Giants are laughable now. The only challenge in the game is remembering the stockpile of staffs, potions, and abilities you're carrying around.

I do wish the dragons were tougher, so when I spot one the first thought that comes to mind isn't "Goddamit, I have to spend 5 minutes shuffling my inventory around so I can carry its heavy, expensive bones".

I agree on both points, but after playing Dark Souls every game feels easy now. The weight thing with dragon bones and scales is pretty stupid and why I constantly have Lydia with me.

• Locked thread