Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

DeathSandwich posted:

gently caress blight town toxin is such a bullshit condition and I need to go back to duskroot to farm more blooming purple moss up. I've tried coming into blighttown from both directions, valley of drakes and from the depths. The former leading to me being toxined and killed before I could get terribly far in. The latter being an excruciatingly long trek through narrow pathways to get knocked off near the bottom by one of those mutant firefuckers into a poisoned swamp with toxic darts.

Edit: Also the framerate sucks there.

If you think blight town is bad wait till you get to the tomb of the titans. It's jam packed with gorilla skeletons that will combo through your shield and rapes you. If that ain't bad they can also push you off the edge easily and let's not forget the fact that you are in a pitch black room. I have been trapped in this poo poo hole for almost 3 hours now :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
So pvp, why doesn't it work? Do people just come to the forest as undead to farm/exploit? I really want to finish this drat covenants stuff so I can kill the cat and those two guards in cool looking gear. Isn't there some neat trick involving the wolf if you are in the forest covenant? Oh also I killed that dickhead at the top of the bell tower, the guy who takes your souls to abolish sins. Yeah he had it coming, fucker took 146k from me and all he gave me was 2 twin humanities and a book of the guilty :negative:

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Humanity depends on a couple of things. For starters if you don't die and progress through new areas you will be awarded some humanity. It may be based off time too, but I know as you get higher in level you get less and less. Humanity really only comes from rats and npcs/players for the longest, I'd say the first half of the game. Later when you get the lord vessel you can access the library and farm the squid things there for humanity. Sadly the only place you will find humanity early on is the sewers where there is about 20 rats or so you can access per run. It's not so bad cause there is slimes too, and they carry the ore you need for upgrading your equipment.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

LemonRind posted:

Can anyone give me advice on how to beat the 2 silver knights in andor londo right before getting into the interior. When I try to get close to one the other shoots me in the back, and even if I close to the one nearest to the entrance it just shoots me off the ledge. I don't really do much ranged, and this part is just frustrating the hell out of me.

Go for the right one, he is the closest and he is an rear end in a top hat. If you can take him down you can go back for the other guy on the left. For the right guy you can't block or get hit, try to time your dodge rolls and pray when you get close to him he pulls out his sword and tries to melee you. If you really must get the shiny on the left it's just a soul of the hero or brave warrior or something. I was pretty livid when I lost my 20 humanity to those trigger happy fucks. I'd go as far as to say that part of anor londo is about as bad as the tomb of the giants.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

CrunchyTaco posted:

I've done that too, though I was loving with some guy in the Forest of Farming Souls and was in my lightest armor and would hit him once then just sprint off and mess with him. It even gave me an excuse to use my poison throwing knife :getin:

Wait were you the guy with the fog ring I killed last night? Someone kept throwing knives at me and running towards those tree ent guys. Finally I got pissed and chained him to death with fireballs.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

How do you even get a hit? I can't actually hurt him from the front or sides and he turns faster than I move at under 50% encumbrance. I've never seen the eagle shield but my tower and dragon crest shields are worthless. And that's when I can even get to his second form. Half the time I dodge one attack only to get hit by another and since the game refuses to let me use two flasks at once now for some random reason I fall over dead the next time they do it and it's another five minute walk back to the fight. gently caress, it takes longer to get there than it does to fight them! This is a terrible bonfire placement.

e: And heaven loving forbid I not get stuck on a piece of level geometry so when I block one douchebag the other twoshots me because I can't loving turn around and block him with my shield which can't actually block the attacks anyway but gently caress if I'm not going to try because I'm really goddamn tired of this loving five minute walk down the elevator and up the stairs.

Smough ain't too bad man. You gotta block a shot and look for an opening. Do not place too much distance between you and him or he will charge. Try to stay just out of his range. It's best to try and keep an eye on Ornstein, do not let him get behind you or he will wreck your poo poo. I found the fight pretty easy as a pyromancer. There are two big openings when he does the sumo butt smash and when he does the big overhead swing. If you have no magicks then just poke at him a bit with a spear, (if you got one). Spears/fancy lad swords are best for this fight as you can keep your guard up at all times. Oh and eat a green blossom if you have one so your stamina regen isn't complete poo poo.

DrBouvenstein posted:

gently caress those Anor Londo snipers! :negative:

I honestly have no idea how to get by them...I've tried going really light and just running fast enough so I get out of the range of the one behind me...nope.

Tried going heavy and put on all stone armor...nope.

Run to the right guy 1st and watch him closely, you will have to dodge roll about 2x to get close enough to him. If you have a way of 1 shotting him that would be best otherwise you will have to hope he starts meleeing you. The sniper on the left is guarding a soul of the hero if you must have it, you can back track after the right dude dies.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I finally figured out he becomes vulnerable whenever he misses, but whenever I try to attack, Ornstein instantly charges and kills me. This is ludicrous. I can't even get any support because even when I do use humanity I never, ever see a sign. I'll try switching to spears, though, but I think then the problem comes down to my simply not doing enough damage. As it turns out, he's resistant to lightning, not weak to it, or so it seems when I use some gold pine resin and the weapon did even less damage than before.

What soul level are you atm?

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

38. Though I've seen 3 summon signs ever, so I don't think that's it.

Trying raising your level to about 45-50 range. That fight will do a number on your shield too if it has low stability. I used a hollow soldier shield that was +11 or 12 and was fine since it had around 75+ stability or so. There are two of them so higher endurance would be beneficial. If you have the Ring of Divine Protection and Favor that works very nice in this fight, (sadly you can never take the drat ring off). If you are using magic the shorter the cast time the longer you will live.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Ramsus posted:

:words:

:words:

For the two archers in Anor Londo, use poisoned arrows and a fog ring if you have it. Then just aim a little higher than the archers to hit them about center mass. Then just stay out of sight till they die from the poison. Pharis's bow works well here since it has a longer range, and it takes 2-5 arrows sometimes for the poison to set in.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Capra demon only can hit you with 2 moves if you watch him, and those are the ones where he stacks his two swords on top of each other. If you are careful and have your guard up you can easily avoid them, (plus the drat swords kinda flicker when he is doing his guard breaker stuff). If you don't have any ranged stuff a pokey sword or a spear would work nicely vs him. Otherwise just try to not get in a tight spot and swing away after you've deflected a shot.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Gotta love when that drat cat in the forest pits you against 2 max level dragon covenant exploiters. I'm only SL20 and I have the antiquated crown + bellowcrest ring with my +15 pyro glove and I barely do 140 damage. Is there really no level limit to who you can invade? This is 3x now I have gotten thrown into combat with those two.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Speaking of backstabs, what's up with people backstabbing me from the front? It happened 2x earlier where a guy in eastern armor was in front of me and suddenly I am being backstabbed. I thought there was some kind of collision detection. Is it some sort of exploit, or just a laggy connection on the hosts part?

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Psyker posted:

Did he parry you?

Two different animations, no the backstab animation played and he walked through my body and was behind me backstabbing.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Ovaltine Jenkins posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I make it to the tomb of the giants bonfire without any lights. Light the bonfire. And then a giant skeleton rains down from the sky and kicks me off the side before I can rest.

I feel your pain, last night I was avoiding going to kill spider lady and decided I'd drain new londo. Big mistake, that room with 20+ ghosts is loving insane at lower levels. So I lost about 90k souls and 27 humanity that I had managed to save up from running gaping dragon :negative:

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

RentCavalier posted:

It took me four tries with two people helping me every time.

I may be bad at that fight. But I just wanted to point out, not so much. I was level 57 too.

I did O+S at level 8 yesterday, solaire helping is the only way it was even remotely possible. Of course I usually like to kill fatty first but I had to do it the other way around because that dragonslayer is a dick when you are level 8. I haven't tried the fatty armor yet, but I do gotta say that the rogue witches set is by far the most stylish of all armor sets.

I was doing a level 8 run so I could try parish pvp, and it's just plain awful. No one there has a clue what they are doing and there is no real joy in killing pubs. I am now SL75 and there is nothing to coop and no one to pvp. Where do the higher level folks even pvp?

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

If I cleared a boss before, can I go back and help someone else with said boss? I am curious about this because I've never had any luck doing a boss I've cleared. I dunno if I just get shoved on a lovely no pop server, or if I am not the proper level or what. Like belfry gargoyles, they are easily cleared at SL 8-12 or so. I never get summoned for them after I kill the boss. Same with gaping dragon, soon as I kill him I never get summoned again. Am I just having horrible luck? Or are you not intended to be able to help someone with a boss you've already cleared?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Hatter106 posted:

This is the spot I'm talking about (sorry for the blurriness)

I'll try backtracking and looking for a spot to drop down, but it's hard because the terrain blocks sight of the item everywhere else :(

Run and jump, if you position right you can jump and your feet will sorta hit the slope to your right and you will land up there. Be prepared for a fight though, there are 5 or 6 centipede skeleton things up there.

• Locked thread