Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Giant Bomb uploaded an 85 minute quick look if anyone wants to see more gameplay.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Does anyone have any idea what the best weapon for a character focused on intelligence is? I have a Magic Halberd +10 right now and was wondering what I should focus on next, it only has C scaling with intelligence. I have the Moonlight Sword from the tail of Seath the Scaleless which has A scaling with int, but the poor non-scaled damage leaves it a lot weaker than what I have right now.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Quick dumb question: Does cleansing sins let you join covenants you locked yourself out of by saying no or is it just for NPCs you accidentally hit?

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

For some reason when I try to look at my own details in the Book of the Guilty the game gets stuck "downloading advanced data" and I have to unplug the network cable to get control of the game back. :(

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

I was about to stop playing but decided to try one more invasion before I stopped. The guy is cornered in a room with enemies everywhere and refusing to come out, so I've run as far back as possible and have left my game idling while I make dinner.

This game is cool.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

doomfunk posted:

You are the best type of invader. I hope when I begin invading people, I get cowards, so I can maintain this tradition.

Haha, thanks. I came back to the game with the other persons humanity and souls and this in my inbox:

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

Did you join the Darkwraiths, or are you spamming broken red orbs?

I joined the Darkwraiths and have the unbroken red orb.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

John tv of 8-4 posted a translation of the patch notes on neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31882224&postcount=18339

quote:

Examples of Issues to be Addressed
*Fixes to certain spells and effects:
-Magic Shield, Strong Magic Shield
-Tranquil Walk of Peace
-Ring of Fog, etc.
*Unlimited uses of magic and items
*Regular weapons rebalanced against reinforced weapons
*Adjustments to the player matching conditions
*Loading problems when switching between maps
etc.

(More details on these fixes will be announced later).

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

darkOcean posted:

I'm going to not talk to Frampt now that I have the Lordvessel because I want to join the Darkwraiths, but I only know about all this because of the Internet. Was there actually some or any part of the story that could have led me to make this choice that I missed? Could I have even known about Kaathe?

I didn't know about it, but I ended up finding it because Frampt was asleep whenever I went by him.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Funkmaster General posted:

What is the issue people were having with Alvina anyhow?

The first time I talked to her I said "no" to her first question, thinking I had gone far enough to get the achievement. She said, basically, that's too bad, come back if you change your mind. When the achievement didn't pop, I talked to her again and said yes, then said no to her second question, as I didn't care to join. She again just said to come back if I changed my mind.

Then later I came back and joined so that I could murder the ninja for the ring.

There was never any "gently caress you" moment and I didn't have any problem talking to her again. In fact when I approached her in NG+ she seemed to remember me and skipped straight to the "well, then, wanna join us NOW" bit of dialogue.

I said no once just like you and it locked me out of joining the covenant until I cleansed my sins.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Penny_Dreadful posted:

I never noticed how stupid that guys outfit looks.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

a shameful boehner posted:

The cutest Nito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Leyburn posted:

Dark ending question I just placed the Lordvessel for Kaanthe, or whatever his name is, and joined the Darkwraiths. To get the Dark ending do I just finish the game as before?

Continued dark ending spoilers That has no affect on the ending, your actions after defeating the final boss determine which ending you get.

Defghanistan posted:

Bed of Chaos is such bullshit. He keeps sweeping me into the holes in the floor like I am a piece of dust. I move like 100 yards every time I block one of his hands.

Try to bait out its attacks, then running directly after it finishes them. There is no need to block the hands.

• Locked thread