Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Smelly posted:

You can't use it at all.

If you've played Modern Warfare 2, it's similar to that. It won't let you play if it sees you in a chat.

Minor nitpick, but MW2 still allows private chat - I haven't seen anything saying this game forbids it as well. Party chat yes, but not private chat. Pretty sure they can't disable that.

vv that all came from a Kotaku article which only says you can't use party chat - they didn't say anything specific about private chat even though they paint them with the same brush:

quote:

Curious players have also wondered about how Dark Souls on Xbox 360 will handle Party Chat and Private Chat functionality. Well, the game does not support player-to-player voice chat over Xbox Live. No real surprises there. However, if players engage a Party Chat session, Dark Souls will instantly kick you out of your current game and boot you to the main menu.

weinus fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I wasted all my red titanite upgrading the notched whip to a fire whip and it was totally worth it

Not really, it's just fun to use and gently caress around with, especially when farming the baby skeletons at the bottom of Tomb of Giants for souls/humanity.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

So apparently the prowling demon in the shortcut between Demon's Ruins and Lost Izalith respawns? Dropping 2 Demon Titanite everytime? Amazing.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't BELIEVE how unsuccessful I have been at white phantoming over the last few days. I probably set down a sign 50 times, of those, 10 resulted in summoning, of those we made it to the boss 5 times, and then I lost each of those times.

I want humanity but I hate farming sewer rats so much...

Farming the infinitely spawning baby skeletons at the bottom of Tomb of Giants is better than the rats, in my opinion. Got about 100 humanity consumables in a couple hours last night (I was bored) and a few hundred thousand souls as well. I hate running between bonfire and enemies but that's just me. Constantly slaying those drat ankle biter skeletons is much more satisfying.

vv it's really not hard to get there, I've gotten it down so I can get to that room without engaging any enemies. You can sprint past all the giant skeletons on the way down, and if you lure out the first bone dog after the first Tomb of Giants bonfire, it's really easy to sprint past the rest.

weinus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 15, 2011

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Drox posted:

Some people are thinking you need to start pyro OR have a +10 flame OR have the witch's ring. Personally, I didn't have any of those things and looked for her. She wasn't there. Went into Quelaag's and level up my flame to +10 and she appeared.

I had +2 glove, started deprived and have no old witch's ring and she's there for me. I MAY have just joined the Daughter's of Chaos covenant since I was trying to get the shortcut to Lost Izalith open, but I'm not sure.

If you leave a covenant and re-join later, do you lose your rank you had with the covenant previously?

weinus fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 15, 2011

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Farming the Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins for Titanite Chunks/Slabs will never stop being terrifying, my god.

Also, gently caress people who put messages right in front of levers!! "Be wary of beanpole," what does that even mean.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

So the Prowling Demon in the shortcut between Demon's Ruins and Lost Izalith is constantly respawning for me. I've gotten 3 Demon weapons up to +5 thanks to him. This is great...the crystal ring shield takes him out in about 3 hits and I can use homeward to warp back to Daughter of Chaos and do it again. Definitely worth grinding out 30 humanity to up your rank with the Chaos covenant and open up the shortcut.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

If you take the elevator down from the Daughters of Chaos and go back towards Demon's Ruins, there's a tunnel to the left with some Chaos Bugs. All I had to do after I got to rank 2 was go up to the wall and there was a prompt to press X to touch it, and it lowered. I did it before beating the area though, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also, the shortcut stays open even after you leave the covenant.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Can I access Queelena if I've beaten the boss of Lost Izalith? She never appeared in my game, but I never had the pyro hand upgraded to +10. I just did it now, but she still isn't appearing, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot. I read in one place you can't talk to her anymore/she doesn't appear if you kill the boss of Lost Izalith, but I'm not sure if that's true.

That's what the guide says but I just went and checked for you and she's still there. She even gave me some new dialogue and a Fire Tempest spell! Checked again to make sure that wasn't the last time she does something before she leaves, but she's still sitting there.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

Is there a better loving way to deal with curse other than grinding 6k souls to buy a one time use item? Curse is horseshit. gently caress curse.
Yeah, just don't get cursed :)

Not really, at that point in the game. Your best bet might be going human so you have the increased curse resistance if it's really a problem for you. If you haven't already done it, you can go back to the asylum and trade a red eye orb for 2 purging stones.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I've been dropping my red soapstone sign at the Kiln of the First Flame and getting summoned all night, no more than 2 minutes between summons. Too bad I am absolutely horrible at PvP. I think I won 2 matches out of the 15 or so I played.

One dude though, summoned me twice, both times used the fog ring, and tranquil walk of peace on me as soon as I spawned. The 2nd time I managed to get him down to 25% health even though I was super slow, and he loving uses his flask on me and kills me. What a dick. The red sign is supposed to be for honorable duels :( Why even summon me if you're gonna fight like a bitch. He was the only one I saw using the fog ring all night.

edit: this is at lvl 72 if anyone else is wanting some duel action

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Does anyone co-op 4 kings? if so where?

Usually on the first round platform before the wooden bridge

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Living One Post at a Time posted:

Just killed O&S solo on my first try without taking a single direct hit :smug:. I was worried after all of the talk earlier in the thread. I really have no idea what I'm doing but swinging around a big black knight sword while dressed up as the grim reaper is pretty cool.

I'm considering upgrading my shield with the moth's soul, but it looks like it loses a ton of physical damage reduction. Does that mean I will start taking damage from physical attacks even if I block? That's kind of a deal breaker.

Yes but I don't use it as my main shield, just keep it as a secondary for the L2 attack.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

invalid posted:

Where should I be going to help out at SL56? I've tried Blighttown since that boss gave me fits, and right now I'm sitting outside Sen looking stupid.

Suggestions? I want that second medal!

I'd try Anor Londo at that SL

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

sentrygun posted:

This is excellent if just because they bow before engaging. I wish I could get away with that without the enemy player just using that as a chance for a backstab. :smith:

I was dueling here last night and everyone bowed before engaging :) Only one dude was a cheap bastard using the fog ring/slow miracle combo

I think that miracle is emit force, btw

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Oae Ui posted:

Farming titanite chunks in New Londo sucks pretty badly. Even with the serpent ring I only get one chunk for every 20-30 or so knights killed, and the run there and back is rather long. There's no better spot until I get closer to the end though, is there?

Nope

FirstPersonShitter posted:

What's the difference between a white phantom and a gold phantom (beyond the obvious)?

Gold phantoms are in the Warrior of Sunlight covenant

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

Zain posted:

Anyone with the Notched Whip:

What is the upgrade pathing with this? Can I make it into a fire notched whip?

You most certainly can. Mine is at Fire +7 now cause I'm dumb and wasted all my red titanite on it. Fun to use though

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

So after 120+ hours of playing I still have no idea how to use the sixaxis gestures. Anyone care to explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

nauggins posted:

So, am I to understand that I'm trapped in the Painted World until I beat it? I think I'm too low level and I'm not doing much to hurt anything in here.

You can leave if you go through Priscilla's door and out the other side. You don't have to engage her after you go through her fog door.

• Locked thread