Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Hopefully this comes into work tomorrow (UK). Originally I was learning towards the PS3 version for teaming up with friends but as you can't do that and it seems they are identical graphically, I've decided on Xbox as I hate the PS3 controller with a passion.

I only dabbled with a friends Demons' Souls but I really liked what I did play so am looking froward to this a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Eurogamer tech analysis is up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dark-souls-face-off

Shockingly the Xbox comes out on top by a smidge. So small though It's not worth counting.

Edit. Beaten.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 5, 2011

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Filthy Monkey posted:

I definitely agree with getting that hollow soldier shield to +5. The decreased stamina hit from blocking helps considerably. I am sure there are better shields, but the hollow soldier shield seemed to be a pretty good all rounder compared to a lot of the other shields I've found up to this point.

I have a knight shield at +2 but just found the hollow shield. Is it worth leaving the knight shield and putting shards into the hollow?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Thread is moving crazy fast so sorry if this has been asked.

I saved big hated wizard and he is back at firelink but he says I'm not good enough to teach, I'm guessing I should raise intelligence but to what level do I need it too?

• Locked thread