Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm getting continuously raped by the skeletons right outside the first area you get to after getting off the tutorial island. Is there another way I should be going or is this pretty much how the whole game's going to be? The respawning enemies makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

darkhand posted:

You should go towards the bonfire and look around for grassy stairs going up. There will be harrowed enemies that are much easier. That path will lead you to the Undead Burg, a much better starting point.

Sweet, thank you. I went up those stairs but didn't find the sewer I had to run through and thought it was a dead end.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay, so I'm in Undead Burg. My choices seem to be die by Taurus monster, die by guy at the bottom of the spiral staircase with a huge sword, or die by a knight. This game is hard :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've never gotten more pissed about falling off of cliffs than I do playing this game. Jesus loving Christ.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Capsaicin posted:

Is there anywhere in the first area (Firelink/Undead Burg) that I can purchase equipment?

Have you gotten to the bonfire in the Burg yet? If you have, go out, turn right down the stairs, then left where the two spear guys are. There's a staircase hidden amongst some boxes that has a merchant at the bottom.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alright, I'm still trying to catch up with this thread but I'm having the worst luck trying to save up 20,000 souls to get the key for the door in the forest. At least 4 times I've died with over 15,000 on me then gotten killed by retarded ways (falling off cliff, murdered by invader) on my way to the bloodstain. It's a good thing this game is so much loving fun to play.

Also thanks to the IRC crew for being awesome :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do NPC's respawn? I accidentally killed the blacksmith at the Parish (I swung once on accident and hit him, then decided I might as well just kill him while he was pissed). I got my sins absolved, but he's still dead :(

• Locked thread