Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Newbie question. If I touch someone else's blood stain, I see kind of a ghost of them fighting. What does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Haha, that's brilliant.

Edit: what about the ghosts not made from bloodstains? No difference?

BLOG KING fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 15, 2011

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Wow. Sen's is a huge step up from where I was. Blighttown. I'm level 40 with gold hemmed armor, Uchi +10 and mostly vit/endu. Am I being a big babby or is there some other way to make it easier.

Going to farm some rat humanity, head to the tree/lake and see what kind of a mess I can make.

I have an eagle shield +4 and spider shield +10. Actually I still have a dark knight and a mini boss in depths apparently.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Once you learn the traps are Sen's Fortress is pretty easy. A quick Protip: For the spiral staircase with the Boulders coming down on them, time it so run up the set of stairs right after a boulder passes you, then jump left off the stairs, you will land on a platform with a Viper Mage and that is a shortcurt to the top of the trap where you can disable it.

Gotcha. Sucks to not have a good ranged spell. I'll press on since I keep improving slightly. Dark souls... :downs:

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I've been thinking of trying a pvp build - int with weapons, like a spellsword. Does anyone know where to begin with this? My character is around 20, working on enough str for a drake sword to start off with, and endurance for now until I find a clear path. Any thoughts?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

Ball Stink posted:

40vit/44int/ other stats negotiable.

Then use the moonlight greatsword, cast spells that will never, ever hit in PVP and basically use homing crystal soulmass to deplete people's stamina bar, because it will certianly not deplete their lifebar.

Huh. Maybe this isn't such a good path? I want to use spells with a huge fuckoff sword. Not pure melee; zzz.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I guess ultimately what I'm looking for is something that doesn't rely purely on backstab cheese. Ideas?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I'll just have to try both!

My original character is faith-based, but she's double-cursed and I don't have the warping thingie on her yet.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Haha well crap, I was at the undead male merchant and hit r2 by accident with my leg, and while I have this sweet uchi, I can't get arrows for the drake sword. Is there anything before the guy near blighttown or am I sol? I can always grind levels for the dex that I lack, but meh.

BLOG KING fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 23, 2011

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I've never heard the pine resin one, but I'll give it a shot.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I just found black iron armor and put it on over my gold lined black robes. I went from under 25% weight to under %50. I noticed that while my poise was higher, I got knocked back pretty hard blocking and it took off way more stamina. Is it the weight?

Edit: actually these guys are just strong assholes. I need to get the flip ring maybe.

Edit edit: fffffff. At painted world and don't have the doll. :(

BLOG KING fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 28, 2011

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

Brace posted:

Is the Armored Tusk worth trying to fight ? I have the drake sword, and I'm not half bad at the game but he's pretty scary

He's pretty easy. Trick is to run him into the fire. You can run to the right staircase and he can't hit you. Recover there. Bonk him in the face a couple times and he drops a nice helm.

Off to get that ring.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Aw crap. I was killed by Shiva in Blighttown while going for the flip ring. Is the ninja anywhere in the game or am I doomed to light armor this play through. :( I have no coven and checked the bottom. No Shiva, just leftover loot from his corpse for some reason.

Edit: oh, pinwheel helm and that ring. I have Havel's. I guess I'll be ok this play through and then go dark wraith in ng+. Still I gotta curse myself out.

BLOG KING fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 29, 2011

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Starting a new character for pyro pvp. Sl120 I guess. I wanted to see if anyone has gone this route and what kind of stats you run with other than vit and end. Would a high str build make sense to swap in?

Actually. Noticing a lot of dex weapons.

BLOG KING fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 31, 2011

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I noticed a couple pyro videos with dual wielding pyro flames. Is it 2x damage or..

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I hate to ask but I've created three new games because I've gotten myself owned while trying for the flip ring. Either I nicked Shiva or something else silly. Does anyone have a spare? SL 29 but I can PL it quick enough. I've never been past Sen's so I don't know how helpful I'd be but I have a spare q essence. PSN saranodamnedh

Or is it possible to absolve and try again?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Does the ninja in darkroot drop the ring or just blighttown? Hate that place...

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Flip ring is mine. Yesssss.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I had THE BEST jolly co-op last night. :)

A couple guys helped me get from the staircase to the big castle in Anor Londo to the giant blacksmith. It seems as if they knew each other -- when we started, the first guy was motioning towards a summon glow. Each time I found a goodie, they cheered in unison. I love this community.

We tried Smough and Orenstein, but didn't quite get it after a few tries, so stopped for the night. Now I'm stuck in Painted World...

I was using a lightning spear +2 on the two... now that I think of it, bad idea? I have an uchi +10 and a Q's Furysword as well.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

Umberger posted:

Smough is weak to lightning and resistant to fire. Ornstein is the opposite.

Ahh no wonder.

Thanks!

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Jolly coop!

I'm trying to get the darkmoon ring in catacombs. YouTube videos don't show any spikes on the bridge that they drop down to though. Anyone know what I did?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I just got the lordvessel, horray. Can anyone suggest what order to get the four souls? I tried Demon ruins for giggles and got drstroyed at sl55. I'm going to guess Tomb of Giants but ergh.

Also, is it too late to be a Darkwraith since I handed in to Frampt?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

Category Fun! posted:

I've been making good progress with New Londo, but getting to the boss seems to require A) Buying some Transient Curses to be able to fight the ghosts in the upper area, and B) killing Sif in Darkroot Garden, since he drops a ring that is needed to get into the boss area.

Sweet, that place looks fun. Thanks!

Another question for high level folks. What array of weapons do you run with, dex based? I have a bunch of weapons and assume I should do +15 to A scaled weapons, what about lightning etc though? Any examples? I'm fond of my Q's Furysword but it's not so hot in Demon ruins (har). It almost seems that my +3 lightning spear from Sen's is a better choice.

I intend to go to 40ish dex.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Now that I consider it, having the maggot helm would be awfully nice for tomb of the giants... I'll have to mess around in each. Thanks!

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

More Endurance doesn't get you more Stamina, but it will continue to increase your load capacity. So bumping it until you're under 50% with your chosen gear is a good idea.

After that, I'd start getting enough Faith/Int to get the utility spells. Fall Control, Heal, Chameleon, and the like.

Truthfully, there's stuff all over to increase equipment load. I wouldn't go over 40 but ymmv.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Unfortunately I am pure melee with a Q's sword as my best, so it's a little tricky...

I will try again after I upgrade another weapon... And farm souls. So much to do!

Is the sister easy to kill for another estus level? I dont care about that covalent and +2 estus isn't enough.

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
B-but that's a lot of humanity for a shortcut...

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I'm trying to figure out how a great sword of A would work into a pure pvp build, with the stats all over the place. Does anyone have some insight?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
I'm working on an int based pvp build. I noticed that people have faster cast times than me in pvp vids. . Is it dex or just me seeing things?

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
Hey, I just started playing again after seeing the trailer for 2. By bell gargoyles, there's a passage with a ghost that I couldn't hit. What is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004

Forgall posted:

Were you someone's summon at the time? Phantoms see NPCs in the host's world as ghosts and can't interact with them.

Yeah. What does the thing drop? I can't check for myself because someone dropped a note that covers up opening the door. If there's even an option.

• Locked thread