Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...

The.GreyWolf posted:

Probably the same. Give me that heavy armor so I can take maybe one more hit.

If it's like Demon, speed is more your friend than armor. Never underestimate the power of a hasty retreat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Two questions about Chaos Servant covenant:

1) If I'm not a pyromancer, is there any real reason to join? Does that opening stay open if I leave the covenant?

2) Do I have to join to get the spider lady to upgrade my flask?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

sentrygun posted:

I don't know about the shortcut, but she'll upgrade your flask no matter what. (unless she's dead of course :v:)

Skunk Ape posted:

You can leave after opening the shortcut and it will stay open through that playthrough.

NIIIIIICE.

Now someone come recruit me for some spider bitch rear end kickings. My soul sign is waiting by the fog.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You can safely leave any covenant for another and come back later and rejoin. I believe you lose a rank with them if you leave though. Just don't attack any of their members and you'll be fine.

If you leave via the church dude, does that NOT cause sin? I've heard conflicting reports...

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Shalinor posted:

The ragdoll is charming, and I'd honestly be disappointed if they fixed it. I love getting naked undead dudes stuck to my feet like a trailing piece of toilet paper - once, I even got one stuck to my foot as I went up a ladder :3:

One time in undead burg, somehow a zombie body managed to hook his neck over my shoulder. I ran for about two rooms with him flowing like a cape behind me.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Question: When farming for humanity in the sewers, would it be smart to use a few of my humanity items to boost my drop rate? Sort of a "spend money to make money" plan?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

darkhand posted:

Might be worth it, you can donate the liquid humanity to a covenant anyways.

Liquid is the "used" humanity number, right? I didn't know that. That's perfect.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

darkhand posted:

Yup. I think I'm going to do that a little tonight. I like to peak in the cursed frog spot every couple of runs and count the statues :3:

Are those statues cursed blood stains of other players? Holy poo poo! I actually just thought it was something creepy the game kept putting in for atmosphere.

(I never got cursed, so I don't know what it does. I was actually farming those frogs for a while before my brother saw me and said "WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING!? THESE ARE THE CURSE GUYS!")

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

The PS3 controller really sucks for that. I remember hard-striking the merchant in Nexus in Demon's Souls. loving PANIC inducing. Fortunately he just gave me a warning.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Is there a Humanity number where item discovery "tops out"? As in, there's no further benefit to using humanities?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

evilalien posted:

It stops increasing after 30 which. Really though you shouldn't go above 10 if you just want item discovery as the increase really tapers off. Even at 30 it is less than half of what the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring gives.

Cool. I'm at 10 now, plus I have the ring.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Hey is there an event that has to happen before the shortcut opens for Chaos Servant? I gave my 30 humanity but the wall is still there...

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Okay... I'm sure this has been answered, so I apologize for that, but help a darkbrother out here:

Does anyone have a strategy for a pyro/melee user to beat four kings post-patch? The wikis are full of "Use Crystal light shield! (oh wait... guess it sucks now)" tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Drox posted:

Or just wail on them with whatever twohander you like. They look scary but they ain't poo poo as long as you have some poise.

This worked! Heh, after all that, all I needed to do was go full Conan on em. Thanks guys.

• Locked thread