Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Xvimic posted:

Maybe because I'm just generally cynical and pessimistic. Can anyone with the PS3 version give us a Book of the guilty count?

I scrolled through the Book of the Guilty for 2 minutes and there's over 80000 entries. I would have kept going, but after hitting #80000 the entry numbers started screwing up so there's probably way more. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Nigulus Rex posted:

Is there a shortcut in sen's fortress to get to the merchant at the top? I've already beaten the boss there if that matters.

You can either 1) warp to the Anor Londo bonfire when you have the Lordvessel and backtrack to Sens or 2) there's a shortcut to the bottom of Sen's from the top via a cage elevator. There are 2 cages you can open at the top of Sen's near the boss room that take you down all the way to the bottom. You need the Cage Key or Master Key to open them though.

Pierson posted:

I just beat the Iron Golem and without thinking clicked on the ring he left behind.

I never had Symphony of the Night for the PSX so I never experienced the feeling other people say they had when they discovered there was a whole second castle. I felt it just now though.

How loving big is this game?
You're not even halfway through.

Wang posted:

Anyone know where I can get the key for the gate in new londo to drain the water?
There's a NPC named Ingwald located on the roof of one the buildings past most of the ghosts that will give you the key if you have the Lordvessel in your possession. If you don't have the Lordvessel yet, you have to kill him to get his key. He's a merchant and can cure curse.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Be careful following advice on some of these boards, it hasn't really been a problem on SA, but some TERRIBLE advice is going around like to fight the Dark Sun Gwendolin, you HAVE to kill Gwenevere which is NOT true, you just need the Darkmoon Seance Ring from Catacombs.

Yeah, there's a lot of misinformation floating around in general on the English wikis. :mad:

Like how joining the Darkwraiths covenant means you have to beat the Four Kings before getting the Lordvessel. While true, it's not the only or most efficient/easiest way of joining. As long as you don't talk to Kingseeker Frampt and light the Kiln/altar with the Lordvessel, you can proceed normally and join the Darkwraiths by beating the Four Kings. Basically you're choosing which serpent to side with Frampt: Light / Kaathe: Dark

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Is Frampt this giant head or something else? I want to know who to avoid so I can join Darkwraiths.

Teeth.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Pendant's purpose spoilers:
Its only purpose is for trading to the crow for a Souvenir of Reprisal - that's it.

Furtive Pygmy/lore spoilers:
The Furtive Pygmy was the Dark Lord. The rumor that the pendant will awaken your memories as the Furtive Pygmy seen in the intro is false. When you side with the Darkwraiths, you learn the Furtive Pygmy was your ancestor according to Kaathe. The PC is supposed to be the successor of the Dark Lord instead of Gwynn's successor.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

v1.04 in progress patch notes

google translate posted:

[Fix] Major changes

- "Magic Shield" / "Greater Magic Shield" strong effect, not have become effective by the bug shield (Fixes GMS to only effect your shield/when blocking instead of your character)
- Continuous use of magic · magic bug trigger delay (Duping glitch fix?)
- "Ring of the Mist/Fog Ring" Review of non-locking effect (Fog Ring nerf :dance:)
- Review of the effectiveness of "Stone Giant Sword/Tranquil Walk spell" (Slow effect being nerfed)
- Map loading bug when switching
- Conditional matching and adjustment of (Multiplayer matchmaking improvements :dance:)
※ More changes will be announced at a later date.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 17, 2011

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Wish they'd just remove the Fog Ring. It's utterly ridiculous. It's a game where being effective at all requires you to lock on. On top of that, it has no counter.

They could make it so once you get hit, you become tangible/able to be locked-on then it reactivates if you don't get hit for a few seconds.
Seems reasonable without removing it entirely.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Also on the patch list now courtesy of google translations:

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

Sounds like they're reviewing elemental (lightning) weapon damage and stat scaling.

I'm going to edit the second post under the OP with v1.04 patch notes for easy access because this thread moves a mile a minute.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439963&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post395969870

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I just hope there won't be rampant character hacking on the PC version, but yeah double dipping. Let's go. :c00l:

• Locked thread