Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So is there any way to beat the caped assholes that keep kicking my rear end?
I haven't really had a problem yet (I know I'm super early in the game) but these guys are just wrecking me unless I cheese it and throw 5 firebombs at them.

My current plan is basically block/dodge their attack, then poke them for 10 damage with my scimitar, then repeat 20 times until they fully heal themselves and I start all over or they parry my attack and I die in one hit.

I tried parrying a few times, but then they just do a double poke and I die in one combo.

I've got to be missing something with these guys, hell I killed that stupid boar on my first try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

DeathSandwich posted:

You probably need to start looking at upgrading your weapon to start. If you have some titanite shards you can go to the blacksmith below firelink and upgrade it to +2 or +3. Barring that, if you want a cheesy early weapon to get go underneath the dragon bridge and shoot the dragon in the tail about 30 or 40 times to get a 200 damage sword.

I've got that sword, but I'm a thief character with only like 11 strength.
I'll try upgrading my weapon when I actually get to a blacksmith, since the 2 in the undead chapel keep killing me, then I make the long long trek back up from the undead burg again over and over :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

How the hell do you get humanity if you don't have any in the first place?
When I'm human it seems to flow like crazy, but then I die, lose it all, and it's impossible to get one without using one of the humanity items.

I've tried 3 times to beat the Capra Demon with help after losing to it about 10 times solo, and each time my partner just dies instantly off of the first hit and I'm back to square one. :bang:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oh god those frogs :gonk:

I was walking along in the Depths and saw a hole, and though "hah you can't trick me with that hole I'm going this way" and then immediately fell into another hole and was surrounded by those goddamn frogs. Somehow escaped from there (with 0 humanity!) without getting cursed, then rounded a corner and immediately ran into 3 giant rats at the same time an NPC invaded. Ran around in circles for a good 3 minutes trying to separate them, killed them all, unlocked the shortcut back to the bonfire, was immediately too stressed out to play anymore and turned the game off. :allears:

Do those frogs respawn and will I see them again oh dear

edit: It also turned out the secret to beating the Capra Demon was to boost my Hollow Shield to +5, my elite armors to +3, and just keep trading blows with him until he died

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

By the way, is kicking supposed to be useful in any way? It does seem to knock the opponent back a tiny bit, but I can get a similar effect by bashing their shields.

Good for interrupting slow attacks and throwing those spear guys off guard for a quick kill.
Also pushing people off of ledges. :black101:

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 10, 2011

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Oh god how do I escape this painting level there are wheel skeletons and harpies and dragons and so many things that can instantly kill me

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I take it back I liked the painting compared to this Anor Londo silver knight archer bullshit :gonk:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Finally beat those Abbott and Costello motherfuckers with the help of some random online guy that died during the last hit. It's so much easier with another person there to distract one of them.

Tip: Beat tiny spear guy first, he may have more life and be harder to damage, but he's waaaaaaay harder to kill when he goes crazy. The big guy doesn't have any ranged attacks when he powers up, and the only thing you need to look out for if you have a decent shield that can soak his attacks is the butt stomp. Other than that, just go wild, the random dude and I kept taking turns poking him with little electric taser spears as he was confused who to attack.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Futanari Rastafari posted:

What's with this merchant. I can't find him and he seems to be according to the map behind an invisible wall but that I can't make disappear.

Go to where you jump off the ledge to go to the bonfire and continue up to the top of the stairs to the floating bridge thing. At the intersection you want to turn left and jump over that hole, he's in the tower at the end of there.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

LemonRind posted:

Can anyone give me advice on how to beat the 2 silver knights in andor londo right before getting into the interior. When I try to get close to one the other shoots me in the back, and even if I close to the one nearest to the entrance it just shoots me off the ledge. I don't really do much ranged, and this part is just frustrating the hell out of me.

Just run up, run to the right, and pray that he jumps off the cliff. Then keep running around the corner and drop down to the bonfire in the left door.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If I open the shortcut to Lost Izalith and then leave the Chaos Servant covenant, does it stay open or will it close?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

For what it's worth, I got one of the Egg Vermifuges from the snake-lizard things that sit on the trees in Darkroot Garden

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Alteisen posted:

So I summoned 2 phantoms into my game and we made mincemeat of those gargoyles.

This game is AWESOME. That is a very unique way of having a co-op mechanic.

So that blue phantom I keep seeing, its the same dude I saw yesterday, is that some dude in the same area as me? Same with bloodstains, they all seem to belong to him.

And the messages, this is all left behind from players?

The blue ghosts are a bunch of different players nearby on your network location (basically what random server it decided to throw you on when you booted up the game). And yes, all of the messages outside of the tutorial ones are left by others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has never had any issues with GFWL.

• Locked thread