Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Professor Latency posted:

"response to question about soul farming": This place is perfect.

Do people prefer this method to chilling at the same level and helping other players with a boss (for instance, Gaping Dragon)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
How do spell scrolls work in this game? Are they limited-use items?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Mr. Crow posted:

So... apparently if you cut off most of the hydra's heads, but come leave then come back they are still gone. But now I can't damage him, my spells disappear because he's to far away and I really hope you can damage him with arrows/bolts....

You can beat this guy with straight melee. I left and came back frustrated too, but then I won. Here's how I did it:

1. After clearing out the golems, approach from the right side. Get near the tree that is growing out of a rock -- but not too close. Ideal distance will block his projectiles without exposing you to splash damage.

2. Move into melee range and block. You'll know you're in melee range because he'll roar before each attack.

3. When he attacks, all heads attack at once, so you're only ever exposed to one potential hit, and your shield should defend against it flawlessly.

4. After the attack, counter with your own attack. 3-4 hits per head, for me.

5. Move around. You'll have to move around to get access to each head.

On a similar note, someone posted some trouble with the last part of this earlier in the thread. The boss was moving around too much to finish it off, said the poster. I found that too, but I moved around a lot, and waited for him to attack. Eventually I found a spot where he was near enough to me and I killed him there.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Mr. Crow posted:

So what the hell was this poo poo, some dude invaded and he had two ghost players (I assume) with him that I couldn't even target or damage but they could hit me (and killed me)?

loving retarded.

Where did this happen?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Mr. Crow posted:

Darkroot Gardens.

Are you sure you were invaded? There are NPCs in that area that look and behave exactly like you described.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

J posted:

Try flicking the right stick quickly to switch targets. If you do it slowly it never works but if you flick it, it works much better.

Yeah, if you hold the stick on the direction of the enemy you want to target, it won't work. Flicking is the way to do it.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

EvilCornbread posted:

Very early in the game, totally noob player, and I'm really not getting how I'm supposed to be playing this. I'm past the prologue area and at the second bonfire in the Undead Burg, up the stairs right after the initial bonfire.

Are you going into the area with the enemies (to get their attention), and then running back to the area near the bonfire? You should. The platform near the bonfire is a great "staging" area for fighting those guys, and it keeps you out of the way of the firebombs raining down on you.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
So if I have a magic weapon, can I attack ghosts?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Brian Fellows posted:

3)The framerate is terrible in my game (Metal Gear Solid backwards compatible PS3). Like even in Firelink Shrink there's all kinds of slowdown. I haven't made it to some of the laggiest spots in the game yet apparently. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this? It becomes almost unplayable and freezes for long periods of time if there are too many enemies around.

Have you cleaned the dust out of your PS3 recently? Sounds like you're overheating badly.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
I want to kill Knight Lautrec on his own turf but I have a question: if I die, will I be able to get back there again or do I only get one shot at it?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
So have any of you PS3 players figured out how to do gestures without going into the menu? I see that there are graphics that imply motion controls, but I haven't been able to get them to work.

What's the trick?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Dave Grolsch posted:

Okay, I just made it to the swamp in Blighttown again and decided to take a break. I'm totally lost down there and have no clue where to go. The poison and fire-breathing bugs I can deal with... what's driving me insane are the mosquitoes. There's an endless stream of them coming for me, they clip through geometry, every once in a while they turn invisible, and are sometimes impossible to hit. Is there a way to make it stop?

Heed the other guy's advice, but did you find the bonfire down here yet? That should be priority number 1.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Cakeequals posted:

So, I keep fighting Lautrec and it's like banging my head into a wall. If it was just him, it wouldn't be a problem, but, like every other cheating bastard you invade, he has two buddies. What am I doing wrong here?

I used bow+arrow from way up on the stairs to hit him. One of his companions came, the other got stuck on the steps. Then I abused the small width of the area we were standing on to fight them one at a time.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
Having some trouble with a regular enemy. Anyone have strategy for killing pinwheel skeletons in the painting[spoiler]? [spoiler]There seem to be a lot of them in the sewers, and I end up getting mobbed and/or my positioning gets screwed up.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
is the speckled stoneplate ring as effective as each of the other single-purpose stoneplate rings?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

is the speckled stoneplate ring as effective as each of the other single-purpose stoneplate rings?

Anyone have an answer to this question? When I say single-purpose stoneplate rings I'm referring to the lightning, magic, and fire resist rings.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

quote:

speckled ring info :words:

Thanks goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
1. are Ornstein and Smough a gay couple? I think they are.
2. What level are people when they fight Gwyn?

• Locked thread