Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Double Monocle posted:

Just a heads up to ps3 owners-

You know how in demons souls you could hastily turn off the ps3 or exit the game to erase the last 20 seconds of "im an idiot and fell off a cliff with 50k souls?"

Dont do that in dark souls. It auto saves constantly. And you will corrupt your saves and you will have to start over.

Like me
:negative:

Haha, you deserve this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
For the first time in like 4 playthroughs, not only did a Black Knight Sword drop, but I got 2 as well as the Black Knight Greatsword. I can't wait to shove this god drat sword up Ornstein and Smough's asses.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 19, 2015

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Friendly Tumour posted:

Respawning duders that give 1-2k souls a piece and are super easy to kill? Yes please. Also, Eastern Armor set just lying on the ground. Best 20000 souls I've ever spent. Also bonfire right next to it behind an illusory wall.

Thanks for the recommendation, this armor is some badass poo poo.
e: oh, i got bit by a kitty. i always hated cats

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 19, 2015

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
for easy bosses, shout out to dragon mcpunchy in demon's souls when you fire harpoons into him.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
So.

Funny story. I bumbled my way into Tomb of the Giants. I don't have the Lord Vessel or been to blight town or Sen's Fortress. I did clear out the Darkroot Forest+Basin afaik.

Problem is there's a gold fog gate in front of me in a really pretty giant trees area, and I can't find a way back up and out of this lovely dark tomb.

Am I hosed or is there something I can do?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
It's near the end after Patches just exiting the cave/tomb: one long ledge that goes into a dead end/abyss with a gold fog gate in the wall.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Ah yes! It's pretty hard to notice a path keeps curving up and around that corner. Also gently caress this level. It was really creepy but now I'm done, I'm done with it.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Yeah, I finally cleared Blighttown, and by cleared I mean I raced to the bottom skipping 99% of the items in the top area. As long you have the ring from revisiting the Asylum and kindle the bonfire on the bottom area, I had no need for the moss and I could just sweep the entire area for the items/enemies. 10 estus flasks is plenty enough for exploring/staving off the poison.

I did want the moss when I eventually (very soon) made my way to the boss. Miralda was a v poor distraction, mostly just playing in and around the lava. I've also made my way to the second gold fog gate in lava land and wow do I love see how many guys have grabs/kill me dead moves. Those centipedes are huge buzzkills.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
:toot: every boss post O&S lined up like dominos and fell like a house of cards. Checkmate. Now I get to explore the DLC, something I've never done. Looking forward to getting my rear end handed to me by Manus.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Artorias is cool as poo poo. Kind of wish he was harder or had 1.5x more HP.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Dark Souls is Complete (for now). Now I'm moving to DS2 (right now trying to close out what's left of Lost Bastille). The myriad not-bad-but-less-good decisions made from DS1 to DS2 come to light p quickly. For me the most boring part is fighting humans (which can be cool) over and over. I've heard good things about the DLC though so I really want to get to that quick.

e: also im really sad for what they did to the halberd

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 25, 2015

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Okay I beat DeS DaS 1 & 2 in completely normal melee builds all this month (zweihander4lyfe).

What's the best magic in Dark Souls to take so I can be a completely overpowered piece of poo poo?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Fighting the smith was the most fun for me. His attacks are hilarious and awesome. I'm constantly in a state of always wanting a boss to elbow drop or body splash me.

The other bosses are real cool, you'll love them. One of them is similar to the guardian though.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 27, 2015

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
They're Heide Knights and they're p badass.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
WHAT!

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
claymore is good and cool (altho its no zweihander)

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
poke him in the butt

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
yeah it owns

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Go kill the merchant near the first bonfire in Undead Burg for his sweet katana.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

He's my only source of firebombs right now.

stop spending money on consumables, nothing matters except what the weapon and shield you're holding and the buttons you press

also he's ugly and did you hear his creepy laugh and how he'll rob your hollow dead husk? gently caress that guy

you could also run through the graveyard next to firelink shrine for a winged spear which owns, and a zweihander which owns even more

Ravane posted:

Just beat Gwyn. Had no estus left, I'm still poo poo terrible at parrying, though Gwyn and his black knights taught me a lot. If he had grabbed me, I would have died, I hit him twice during the first strike in his combo and killed him less than a second before he was to kill me.

My next build might be a dex build, or maybe I'll do magic, I really want to try out the katana though.

Never had the chance to do DLC, so I'd like to take care of that as well.

dlc owns rly too bad you skipped it, def hit it up as quick as you can

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Armor is a sign of weakness.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
are you guys purposely ignoring the existence of the stone set or something

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

multijoe posted:

Ornstein ...

Smough ...

theyre really easy, just loving do it

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
tomb of the giants is cool, where else do you meet so many cool friends? also dogs! who doesn't like dogs? if anything the tomb is lacking in bonewheels imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

IGgy IGsen posted:

There's no Bed of Chaos or anything.
If you mean a boss encounter that wasn't made terrible on purpose, then sure. But bosses being complete gimmicks that are sapped of all difficulty when you perform the right trick, then not really.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Be aware, though, that the third is probably the hardest of the bunch.
Absolutely not.

It's a great mishmash of every souls and bloodborne though, and fun. The linearity hurts replays more than anything but the levels are great.

• Locked thread