Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
My local walmart is under construction right now and they actually have this on the shelf!

for ps3, and I only have an xbox right now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Ornamented Death posted:

It'd be useful if we knew where you are :v:.

That walmart is located in Whitewater, WI

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Picked this up from kart as they give you a $20 instore credit for buying there to use within the next two months.

Unfortunately I didn't realize that you have to be a club member, and I just wanted to get home and play so I didn't sign up at the store. No $20 credit for me :( I haven't even unwrapped the game yet and it already kicked my rear end.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

sizerp posted:

So, should I be buying this on PS3 or 360?

There is no reason to get it for 360 over ps3. There is no party chat, so having all friends with 360's doesn't matter at all. Plus the controller issue if that is something that would bother you at all. (using bumpers instead of triggers)

The only slight benefit you might get on xbox is the pvp might be a bit easier as there would be a lot of new players to the game.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Funkmaster General posted:

There's no reason to get it for PS3 over 360 either.

Nope, not at all. Just controller preference I guess and the added Japan players for pvp.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Woohoo working on attempt #50 on the Capra Demon. How fun.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Pretty sure I've tried to beat this Capra Demon 100+ times now. Had him down to one hit but died. Really like this game and want to continue, but won't be able to like this.

Any easy way to get past these stupid dogs at all? It's about a 1/20 chance I even get past them.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Gymp posted:

I find it easy waiting for his opening attack where his hammers down with both weapons, dodge right, book it to the stairs on the left, then huddle on the ledge on the right. The big guy can still get you, so watch out, but if you're lucky enough the dogs will get up there first for you to kill. Once you get the dogs out of the way the guy is a piece of cake, just keep circling him.

Finally loving got him. This worked great to get past the dog's, then I just plunged attacked to victory.

Now I can finally watch the Packer game. Thank you greatly.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So which of you will be the first to kill all the enemies without dying? I don't mean beat the game without dying, but after unlocking everything running through and killing everyone thus having an empty world?

That is the final challenge.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
What is the purpose of the darksign? Is there really places you can get stuck at and not kill yourself?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So how does Pyromancy work? I just got the pyromancy flame and bought fireball, but pressing rb doesn't throw anything.

edit: nevermind, didn't see the new menu at the bonfire.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Alright so far I have beaten the following bosses: Asylum demon, taurus demon, bell gargoyle, capra demon, moonlight butterfly, gaping dragon, pinwheel.

Currently level 31 with mostly Strength/dex. Where to next? I seem to get my rear end handed to me in any direction I take.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

sizerp posted:

I assume this has already been posted, but hell why not double post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x9ymysN3qQ8

90 minute speed run

Why does he switch his Drake Sword so much when running through the swamps in the 2nd video around the 3:30 mark? Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Edit:I don't even get how he beat ceaseless discharge. Just punching him with the left hand?

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 17, 2011

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So about two months after this game came out and 50 hours into it my save corrupted. I was pretty pissed, and decided to not restart. Yesterday I was bored and picked it up again, and actually beat capra demon on my third try. Should have beat him on my first, but made a bad mistake.

Did they update him or something? Last time it took my 5 hours to beat him, and that was the main reason I didn't want to restart.

Now to the depths, hopefully I don't get cursed again :(

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Alright so I'm going with a melee class and would like some help on what to work on leveling up. So far I have
Vit:21
Att:10
End:27
Stre:16
Dex:12
Res:10
Int:9
Faith:11

Just made it to the bonfire in blighttown.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wow I just beat Chaos Witch Quelaag and then answered no to the egg carrier. Then after that I went to Sens Fortress, tried to fight the mimic but Accidentally walked onto the elevator. The mimic died, and then I died. there goes that loot :(

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I was planning on using the lightning spear as it's the route I took last time I played this game before my save corrupted. So now I don't really have anything else but drake sword, halberd +5, and a divine claymore. Trying to go for a melee build.

I did fall and get the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring. Never knew about that the last time I played. Seems like it might be useful.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 13, 2012

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's not a total loss as it's useful in the catacombs. That's why I got myself the devine claymore. Don't really plan on using it elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Invading in Anor Londo is so much fun. I first joined the covenant so I could invade in the forest, but after 5 matches of straight 2vs1 gang rapes I had enough of that. Anor Londo actually has some fare matches. Going to be awhile before I progress now that I'm addicted to invading.

• Locked thread