Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
Trying to take on the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in Anor Londo, but I keep gettign slaughtered. Im SL 41, anyone feel like helping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

G.I. Jaw posted:

I just got to Anor Londo and I'm at a dead end. From the first bonfire, if I go left, I hit a golden fog gate that is "Sealed by the Great Lord" and if I go down the elevator to the area with the gargoyle, I just hit a dead end at the end of the walkway. I can see that the tower in front of me looks like it should rotate and go down and up, but I cannot find a lever or anything to make it position itself at my level.

Help!

Go back towards the stair case to the elevator you came down on, but look to the right, theres a small walkway. There's also a vary narrow butress you can walk up to the church.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

After restarting 3 times due to various reasons (including once my save game breaking) I finally cleared the Catacombs and killed Nito. Seriously, at 24 int and +5 Greater Pyromancer Flame it took 4 Great Chaos Fireballs and 3 Fire Orbs to take him down. Pinwheel died with 2 Fire Balls.

God, I love Pyro so much (even if it took 2 hours of grinding the 4 Silver Knights in Anor Londo to buy out Quelana's stock and max out the flame).

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

blablablabla posted:

So i went back to the asylum to get the iron rusty ring or whatever and the gate is still locked. Where do i find the key for this lock?

On your way up to the Bird's Nest in Firelink you'll notice the roof of a building with an item pickup on top...you need to go and grab that item, drop to the ground, and then head to the bird's nest.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

FisheyStix posted:

Oh IGN... :allears:

I will play both Skyrim and Dark Souls. Why?

Because one is an open ended fantasy role playing experience and one is a videogame.

I never understood the competition bred between the two, they have absolutely nothing in common outside of a basic aesthetic and that both use shoulder buttons for different hands.

I'm planning on starting a Magic using character as soon as the patch drops, what's a good early game setup I can use to make the game bearable? The goal is building up to the Moonlight Spear and then the Greatsword of Astorias.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Elysiume posted:

Someone suggest it and I can't remember who, but I went with the Estoc and it's worked fairly well. You can also grab the Tin Banishment Catalyst really early on if you take the master key, and it's actually a really strong weapon that early on. You can't do parries, backstabs, plunging attacks, kicks, roll attacks, or jump attacks with it, though.

Yeah Estoc and the Red Mage's robe you find with the Catalyst were pretty much my plan from the get go so this works fine. A friend also suggested on starting with the Wanderer and just purchasing soul arrow from the smith in New Londo so I'd have some decent physical damage early on.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Are you going to be a dual magic character though? The Greatsword is going to be really bad unless you focus on leveling both faith and intelligence equally, while also meeting the rather steep investment in strength and dex.

Was really more hoping for focusing more on physical/magic (but not pyromancy, already done that once before). But I keep waffling back and forth...

Elysiume posted:

I actually read that as Moonlight Greatsword, to be honest. I just assumed that's what he was talking about. Whoops! At least it didn't affect my response.

That's a better suggestion. I think I'll do that instead!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Elysiume posted:

Lautrec never showed up in the cell. What causes this? I hadn't fought the gargoyles or done anything else of note.

I believe it's grabbing the firekeeper's soul in Blighttown or having 3 firekeeper's souls in general.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Paper Diamonds posted:

I did it!

Watching the credits finish up right now, I'm so happy

Praise the Sun!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

McKilligan posted:

Can anyone give me a rundown on what divine damage does? I'm going to make a +10 Divine broadsword regardless (currently +6), but obviously the diving damage doesn'y apply to all enemies. Can anyone enlighten me as to how it works, and what enemies (other than skeletons and undead) that is actually helps against?

Divine, if I'm remembering right, is pretty much magic damge scaled against faith instead of intelligence. Not the most useful thing on Earth but it gets pretty good once you start taking you faith up to ludicrous levels. The only unique benefit divine gives is that skeletons dont get back up during a specific boss fight. That's nto to say it's garbage or anything, however if you're playing as afaith character Occult weapons might scale better for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

MokBa posted:

If you don't refer to the game as Pretty Pretty Princess Dress-Up in your head, then you've got the wrong attitude about Dark Souls entirely.

I'll have you know that the only good alternative name for Dark Souls is Jerky Knight Adventures.

• Locked thread