Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS.
Okay, So I just made it to the gargoyle and I got my rear end kicked.

How would I have someone help me fight him? I don't think I understand the online very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Traxis posted:

Make sure you are not hollowed, and look for summoning signs in the parish. Most people seem to drop the sign right at the end of the path from the blacksmith, before the church.

Thanks!

Beat it and got my 6 Humanities back :)

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Spend that poo poo, any "soft" (not an item) humanity you have gets lost on death. And the only way you spend it that I know of at least is reviving human, kindling fires, and getting curses cured in the new londo ruins. If I kill an enemy that gives soft humanity, I revive once I pass a bonfire.

Kind of too late, I wasn't being careful and I lost them after dying trying to get them back. I guess I have to learn the hard way. :(

Still having a blast! Loving this game.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Just beat Gaping Dragon and went down to Blighttown, but I died pretty quickly :(

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

team overhead smash posted:

How the hell do miracles work. I've equipped Heal in my one attunement slot so it's at the top of the d-pad, I have 12 faith which is the minimum to use it and it's constantly greyed out and I can't get it to work.

You need to equip a Talisman.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Kiwillian posted:

Yay! Patience is a virtue in this game. Managed to get 2 people to help me with Crapra and he went down in seconds :)

Now I need to go downstairs and there are ninjas down there :ohdear:

Which is the next area after this, anyway? Where is the second bell?

No, but there are frogs. Keep your distance when fighting them!

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

oneliquidninja posted:

meh... just waited half an hour to get summoned at gaping dragon only to encounter a host that didn't flask to keep the other phantom alive and really didn't know how to damage the boss.

And I just need one more medallion!!!

I could have used your help! I promise I manage things a little better, haha.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Kiwillian posted:

I just meant down from Capra's room. Not seen any frogs yet.

Down from his room leads to a door. In there, you will find frogs. And I mean it about keeping your distance. :)

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Kiwillian posted:

I think I just found this. Depths, right? I opened the shortcut and went back to firelink instead :ohdear:

Yep, that's the place. If you beat the Capra, you should be able to take that area on.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Stiggs posted:

What key do I need to open the door that leads to Havel if I didn't take the master key at the start?

If I recall correctly, you have to kill the Moonlight Butterfly. It's somewhere in the Darkroot Garden.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

So, I felt totally badass helping someone crush the Capra. The smug feeling didn't last long though. I somehow got my rear end kicked by the hooded thieves right after that. My bonfire was pretty far away and I ended up dying on my way to collect my lost souls and humanity.

Dark Souls everybody!

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

nauggins posted:

If I summon an NPC phantom to kick it with me, are they dead forever if they die in my world? I want to summon Knight Solaire 'cause he seems like a pretty cool dude, but I don't want to be the guy who gets him killed :ohdear:

I've had him die a couple times, you're cool to summon him.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

So I'm SL43. I want to continue down my path of bulking up to be a big melee warrior. Any advice? Should I just stick to Vitality, Endurance, Strength, and Resistance? Any reason for me to lay down points in any other slot?

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Shalinor posted:

Me, Solaire and a random summoned dude just took out Gaping Dragon on my first go - tail and all :c00lbert:

That said, it felt like the combat took ages. Were we missing something, or is it just a looooong fight of going after the butt and managing stamina?

I found that it was the longest boss fight because you have to be pretty patient him. Not to mention he has a poo poo load of health.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Yes.

I killed the Stray Demon and I feel awesome. Was tricky, but totally kicked his butt after 10 tries. This game is so cool.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Wow, the Iron Golem fight was really easy after fighting the Stray Demon. Felt like I was given a bit of a break.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

So I`m in the Painting World... and I think I found a glitch...

I killed the Undead Dragon, but it looks like there is another one at the end of the bridge. Hitting it does nothing... it is sitting there blocking the end. Whats going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

Okay thanks.

Also, wheel skeletons. :(

• Locked thread