Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
I just killed the Hydra and got 6,000 souls! Then instead of going to a bonfire and leveling up like a sane person, I pushed further into unexplored territory. I died. No big deal right?

Then I died again within sight of my lost souls. I want to kill myself. I'm sure the game will arrange that for me easily though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

Lagos posted:

PvP build questions.

I haven't invaded any games myself, but I've been invaded a bunch of times. Like you, I'm not great at PvP in most games, but I haven't lost a single fight in Dark Souls yet. I went with a heavy armor strength build, and from what I can see people can't really touch me. I'm currently using Havel's armor set, but the Stone set worked just as well and is available much earlier. Just remember to get plenty of endurance and vitality to make good use of it.

So that's one thing you can try for what it's worth. I'm sure I'll be corrected by twenty people within seconds of posting this.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

gotly posted:

Right after ringing the second bell: I told the truth and said I wasn't one of the new Servents to the talking larvae covered guy blocking the path to the bonfire right after ringing the second bell. Can I kill him or did I just gently caress something up?

You're fine. It's for an optional faction. It's the Chaos Covenant. They're really only useful for pyromancers. In addition, if you go back and talk to him again he'll let you in if you say you are a new servant.

• Locked thread