Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel
I'm level 45 and need to help people kill a boss 2 more times to join the Sunlight covenant thanks to my 30 faith. Where's a good boss to go at this level? I've been stood outside Quelaag for at least an hour and only got summoned once. Anybody on PSN level 40-50 want some help with a boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The second bonfire in the Catacombs is behind an illusory wall, just to the left of the ladder that leads up to one of the switches (the second switch, I think). You run down a ledge with statues along your left and the ladder is at the end of it.

Apparently Patches sometimes is in the catacombs, sometimes not. If you do find him there, he pulls one of the switches while you're crossing the bridge and you fall to your death and then he moves on to the Tomb of Giants.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

Can we stop telling people to shoot the dragon in its tail to get the Drake Sword? He's not like other bosses where his tail needs to be chopped off. You'll get the sword after you do X amount of damage to him. It's much easier and quicker to go under the bridge and along the ledge past the doorway where the 3 rats are, turn around and headshot him. Headshots will do more damage and when he flies onto the bridge in rage you can get 3-4 mores shots on him. He seems to take more damage sometimes if you hit him in a particular spot on his chest too.

This is not unconfirmed or a rumour or anything - I have personally gotten the Drake Sword twice and have never shot the dragon in the tail.

:siren: To get the Drake Sword quickly just shoot the dragon in the head from the ledge on the left side of the bridge, past the doorway where the rats are :siren:

Tufty
May 21, 2006

DuffMayhem posted:

So after beating Quelaag am I seriously supposed to backtrack through Blighttown to get back to the surface?!? My only other option seems to go through the Demon Ruins and I'm not sure if I want to go there yet. The Ceaseless Disharge seems like a pain in the rear end.

The waterwheel thing on your left as you approach Quelaag's mound from the swamp floor bonfire will take you up to some platforms. Keep climbing the ladders (look for the torches if you can't see the next ladder) and when you reach the top you'll find a chest with a key. Take that, then head through the tunnel you can see over in the direction of Quelaag's lair. There are 3 dung golems in there. On the other side, cross the little bridge and use the key you just found to open up a shortcut to New Londo Ruins.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

Hamburger Test posted:

Death outfit completed. At the tender SL of 8. Now to upgrade that Scythe, I'm probably just going to get soft and white phantom instead - but it's gotta be a treat for anyone new to the game, unless when I fail because Death doesn't use a shield.

I made a gimmick PSN account named Knight_SoIaire and I'm currently trying to get summoned for Gargoyles using Solaire's armour and shield and sword so that I can join the sunlight covenant and become grossly incandescent. If you see my summon sign (currently level 17) make sure you summon me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tufty
May 21, 2006

What are some good phrases I can send to people I kill/die to on my Knight_Solaire PSN account with my Solaire copycat character? I've been doing just "Praise the sun!" when I help somebody win a boss fight with my grossly incandescent golden body.

• Locked thread