Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

InnercityGriot posted:

Found a place that broke street date in LA, am currently excited as gently caress to play this game. Anybody in the Los Angeles area looking for a place to break street date, let me know.

The other store I checked in LA did not have any copies for PS3 (Though I am weighing my options on 360, if it is not much different), so I am interested.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found an alternative.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
When/How do you leave messages? I just started, granted, but it kinda pisses me off that I am unable to leave messages yet.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Any tips for (Undead Parish boss spoiler) The Bell Gargolyes? I do well enough until the second one comes along. I have been switching my priority over to that one when it appears, since it can breath fire, but now I am not so sure.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jetpack Postman posted:

Have you been blocking the flame breath? That's usually the big one that people forget to do. Blocking the fire cuts down damage and helps tremendously. Other than that, all I can suggest is that you burn down the first Gargoyle as quickly as you can. It's more mobile than the second one and will give you more trouble, so focus on taking that one down and you'll have an easier time.

Yeah, I even gots the awesome 100% damage reduction shield that the Warrior comes with. I am thinking that concentrating on #1 is the way to go then.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

The first bloodstain I find is a dude perfectly jumping into the well at firelink shrine.

Not going to lie, I was wondering what was up in there too.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
My favorite part of the game is looking over those big vistas, seeing the orange glowing messages on some of the paths, and realizing that most of stuff there isn't a part of the skybox.

I still can't believe that this is the same company that gave me Evergrace, much less a company that is doing JRPGs right in the HD era.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Reading the Destructoid review of this game is weird. He goes on for half the review mostly praising the game, but goes into a bunch of 'game breaking issues', which are either design choices or technical limitations for the most part (The attack lag, I actually experienced more than I would have liked). Then he gives it a 7 out of 10, but it is better than Demon's Souls.

It is like they wanted Jim Sterling to review it, any bury it for hits, but he couldn't be bothered, so they got another guy who is really trying to imitate him. That, or they are taking a page from the Game Informer review of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and grading on appeal :psyduck:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 5, 2011

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is it kinda wrong to be creeped out over the Depths, a glorified sewer level?

Also, probably going to make a run to the Undead Burg to stock up on Firebombs, to deal with the slimes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does answering no the the pryomancer after you meet up with him have you join a convenent?

Also, I am a huge idiot and bought two spells, even though I have no attunement slots yet.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MMania posted:

gently caress. You know that input lag that happens every once in a while, where you'll push a button and it won't register for a full second later? The one that doesn't matter much? Well it makes Gwyn impossible to beat. You need literally split-second timing to take advantage of his openings or he one-shots you. Three attempts in a row my guy stands there like an idiot for eternity.. and then starts drinking his flask as a flaming sword goes through his chest. Aaaaargh!

That input lag has me seriously considering disconnecting everything I need to deal with a boss :(

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is the Gargolye Axe not compatible with Divine Ember (It is the one you get in the Depths next to the butcher, right? I kinda forgot what it was exactly before I handed it over.). I have it to +5 but I only see options for +6 or turning it Raw.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
With the sequel announced, I decided I want to get back into the game. I am currently level 25, but I have a question about a stat:

I currently have 15 Resistance on a melee focused build. Is that bad?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ror posted:

Just don't put any more in. It's only 4 levels, which plenty of people probably waste simply by choosing the wrong class to start the game with. If you're just playing through for the first time, it doesn't really matter what level you are.

edit: Hm, different classes have different starting amounts. I thought it was the one stat everyone started at 11.

Well, it started at 11 for me. Still, I should be okay if I do not put in any more.

(I am not screwed, am I?)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Double post

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One more thing: Do I run the danger of screwing something up with my current game if I buy the DLC? I mean, yes, I am probably not going to play it right away, but it would be nice to have around once I do :shobon:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Need a bit of help with blight town:

I am at the bottom, with all the bugs and poisonous bog. Do I need to run through the bog to proceed? Is there a trick or something that I am missing, or do I put on my best poison resist gear and hope my purple moss supply and stamina holds out?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ironsights posted:

Have you found the lady who sells moss? She's after the capra demon room. There's a tunnel leading back to Firelink and she'll sell you all the moss you could ever want.

Don't get me wrong, I know all about moss lady. I just want to know if what I am about to do is stupidly brute forcing it. Kind of like what I did with the dragon in the first area of demons souls: stripping off my armor and hauling rear end.

EDIT: Ah, well, I am currently out of Estus anyway, and I got a shitton of souls to cash in, so to the bonfire I go!

EDIT2: Speaking of which, is there a bonfire near where I am at? My current one is The first one, on the stone arch, around the area where the ambition of the Dev Team starts to strain the engine.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 16, 2012

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^
I feel ya, only it was the Depths for me. Personally, there was no shame for me to use a walkthrough to get myself reoriented.

HairyManling posted:

Thanks for your input EC and Angrymog. I appreciate it. Got back to AL and made my way to the catacombs which seems much more level appropriate. It's probably redundant to say in this thread, but holy crap do I love this game.

I wonder who they sacrificed to the Devil to get the knowhow for these games. I bet it was the Evergrace Dev Team...

I know I need to let it go, but that game was so, so terrible :negative:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I may be in a bit of a fix.

I just beat the boss of blighttown: i went into the secret room past where the boss was ,with the maggotted NPC and the Bonfire. I though he was an enemy at the time, so I attacked him and pissed him off. Did I miss out on something? Should I grind out the souls to unaggro him?

Edit: I hate the iPad spellchecker

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 17, 2012

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

If you're using pyromancy, yeah, but otherwise it's not a big deal. I guess you might miss out on some story, though.

Elaborate please? I am using a bit of pyromancy to supplement my melee build: mostly throwing fireballs when I need to.

Will it effect anything else if I off him?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

He sells some special pyromancies which let you inflict poison. That's really it. I think they can be useful for PvP, but they aren't really very useful in the main game.

Killing him won't actually change anything, it'll just prevent you from learning most of the story behind the covenant that's right behind him (but I believe you can still join it).

I just learned that absolution is worth 500 times soul level, so I may as well go ahead and absolve. The boss fight gave me enough souls for it anyways.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 17, 2012

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Show of hands: did anyone else pop their first fire keeper soul and didn't realize that wasn't how it worked till 20 hours after the fact?

I still got 2 proper upgrades (cheesed the one in new londo), so I think I should be good for the most part. Still, that was embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hm. Meant to defeat Ceaseless Discharge the 'easy way', but it somehow glitched while I was at the back of the area, and he fell through the level somehow. That was disappointing.

Also, what is the 'intended' progression? I just beat (in a matter of speaking) that boss after ringing the two bells, but I get the feeling I was supposed to do a bunch of other stuff (Like the Darkroot Garden) before this.

• Locked thread