Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wirth1000 posted:

Looked up the Chairman and drat

Less a neckbeard and more of a lush jungle.

He seriously looks like he's wearing an inflatable suit :-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EDIT: nevermind, hoverhanding a random idiot fan is the exact opposite of shameful.

Bobby Digital fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 22, 2013

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That's not his son, that's some fan who thinks it's a good idea to get a picture of a guy outside a courtroom about to go in and witness his son's sexual assault trial.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital posted:

A manager hoverhand he own son. A shameful manager.

I don't think that's his son, Bobby Digital.

e: Wirth! :argh:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've never seen such an obvious expression of restraint on someones face

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Scott Bakula posted:

I've never seen such an obvious expression of restraint on someones face

Can't blame him, either. Imagine being in that position?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Oh obviously, I couldn't anywhere near that controlled about the whole situation

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Wirth1000 posted:

Looked up the Chairman and drat

Less a neckbeard and more of a lush jungle.

gently caress me, a Mexican is chairman of an English club? That's good.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

TyChan posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iley-hears.html

Ugh. I'm a little surprised this didn't blow up until now, actually.
This has got to lead to some pretty solid prison time right?? Right?? I admit I am kind of assuming it's all true but none of them seem to be denying things happened, just denying that they were a part of it. What a bunch of absolute dicks.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Weaponized Cum posted:

gently caress me, a Mexican is chairman of an English club? That's good.

Olympiacos are English?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Taff posted:

Olympiacos are English?

I thought they were from the Blue Square Premier?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Olympiakos is a greek team

edit: what the hell? It's spelled olympiacos? Welp, I've been spelling that wrong for a long time.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 22, 2013

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Olympiakos is a greek team

News to me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Maybe you should pay attention then

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Redundant posted:

This has got to lead to some pretty solid prison time right?? Right?? I admit I am kind of assuming it's all true but none of them seem to be denying things happened, just denying that they were a part of it. What a bunch of absolute dicks.

The defense hasn't presented their case yet, so it's hard to say what they're going to say in response.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Redundant posted:

Both offences come with the possibility of a custodial sentence depending on the severity (I believe). If found guilty they are certainly likely to do a bit of time, way to waste your career eh. IF found guilty, certainly hope we tear up their contracts.

The defence have been questioning the victim today.

quote:

Mark Cotter defending George Barker asked the victim about breaking up with her boyfriend shortly before July 16, 2011 and whether she had been excited about swapping phone numbers with Albion player Leon Redwood prior to the night in question.

Mr Barker said: "Weren't you excited about meeting footballers?

"Did you say anything romantic was happening, or might you have given your friend that impression?"

The victim replied "no".

Mr Cotter said: "You were hoping weren't you there was going to be something of a romantic evening with Leon [Redwood]?

"He was someone you had exchanged phone numbers with and exchanged texts with and there he was dancing with another girl.

"You were put out by the fact that Leon was dancing with this girl and that in response to that you decided to snuggle up to Roland Bergkamp and that caused something of an incident. "

She replied: "Not at all. It was just like an air kiss. I was just saying 'hi'.

"I was just hoping Leon and I would be good friends."

I'm not sure what kind of defence that is for the alleged outcome of the night.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 23, 2013

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

I can't remember if I ever posted about this when I was told it, it might even be common knowledge now, but when it first happened Tommy Elhpick apparently told a mutual acquaintance that the girl fell asleep, some sexual acts were simulated and photos were taken. He said he didn't do anything, maybe even that he wasn't there, I don't recall 100%.

He was arrested, and (again, this is only what I was told) at some point police went in to see him when some photos had emerged and asked him to roll his sleeves up. Apparently this was because there was a photo of someone with their cock in the passed-out girl's mouth and a tattoo on their forearm visible. He was then released. He said the person in the photo was Lewis Dunk, and Elphick wasn't happy that next time he saw him and the other accused he didn't even get an apology for him getting nicked.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Man City & England U17 player Courtney Meppen-Walter was just charged with two counts of causing death by careless driving.

quote:

Courtney Meppen-Walter, of Middleton Road, Blackley, was charged following the deaths of Kulwant Singh and Ravel-Kaur Singh on 1 September 2012.

The brother and sister died when their car collided with Mr Meppen-Walter's vehicle on Bury New Road in Manchester.

The 18-year-old is due at Manchester Magistrates' Court on 7 February.

Mr Singh, 32, and Ms Singh, 37, had been in the front seats of a Nissan Micra when it collided with Mr Meppen-Walter's Mercedes.

Police said Ms Singh's two sons, aged 16 and 17, who were in the back of the Micra and were injured in the collision, were "making a good recovery".

Mr Meppen-Walter has yet to play for Manchester City's first team but has represented England at Under-17 level.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Well he can always restart his career at Notts County

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Tsaedje posted:

Well he can always restart his career at Notts County

Lee Hughes restarted his career at Oldham before joining Notts County :ssh:

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger held over rape

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

At this point the daft oval office is more known for the poo poo he's done off the pitch than on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_Ranger#Controversies

EDIT: and at this rate I don't think he'll ever get the chance to do anything worthwhile on the pitch either.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

quote:

Only hours before he was arrested the Newcastle United footballer used more than £1,500 to spell out his name in £20 notes before taking a picture of it and posting it on Instagram.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 25, 2013

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I don't know why Newcastle persist with Ranger, can only assume Pardew/the Chairman are afraid they'll get offed by one of his gangster mates if they sack him.

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
Basically because we have (had) no players left. Still, I think most Newcastle supporters would have rather seen a junior play than that contemptable arsehole.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Nile Ranger deserves to go to prison for crimes against football.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I once watched a game where Nile Ranger scored a goal and now I realise I was part of an immutable moment of football history

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Guess this explains a lot:

Wikipedia posted:

In July 2008, then Director of Football of Newcastle, Dennis Wise brought him to Newcastle United.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He was one of Southampton's most promising youth players and then was part of an armed robbery and got sent down for 11 weeks so they dropped him. We picked him up on the cheap on the idea that we could sort him out with a change of location. Never worked though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/25/guilty-michael-chopra-corruption-case

Chopra is in a lot of poo poo. I'm not sure how the FA can really respond to it.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/25/guilty-michael-chopra-corruption-case

Chopra is in a lot of poo poo. I'm not sure how the FA can really respond to it.

I'm glad he did whatever it is he did. Horses are scum.

bootney_lee
Sep 10, 2009

I guess this goes here

Judge sentences 21 people to death for roles in Egyptian football riot

:stare:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

bootney_lee posted:

I guess this goes here

:stare:

50 more to still be sentenced as well.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Apparently the Nile Ranger rape took part in a £50 a night hotel in Jesmond and he cussed out a group of students for being poor earlier in the night.

*EDIT* also:

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 26, 2013

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Brilliant.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
This thread disappeared for a few months but has suddenly come to life. We live in troubled times.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

It wasn't a riot it was a calculated & pre-planned mass murder

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
As a follow up in Egypt

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/26/egypt-death-sentences-clashes-port-said

30 killed and 250 injured as rioting follows in wake of sentencing.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

T. Mascis posted:

It wasn't a riot it was a calculated & pre-planned mass murder

Yes. I really don't know how to feel about this, because on one hand I'm absolutely, positively against the death penalty in any shape or form and for any reason whatsoever, including treason and war crimes.

On the other, I am surprised that (some of) the people responsible are actually held accountable for their actions surrounding what was clearly not just another riot. I wish they'd gotten prison sentences instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Just for the record, I am against death penalty too.