Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irving
Jun 21, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Strawberry/Pepper - The reverse, looks amazing, smells amazing, barely tastes of anything. I think you'd need to dry or syrup the strawberries, fresh ones have waaaay too much water in.

Season/ripeness of the strawberries makes a huge difference here. Using locally grown strawberries that were in season, I got incredibly strong strawberry flavor. It just depends on the quality of produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irving
Jun 21, 2003

fine-tune posted:

Where is everyone sourcing their vanilla beans from? I'd love to have some coffee-vanilla rum and/or vanilla brandy to take to our New Year's Eve party (assuming the batches last that long).

I bought a sampler pack from here:

http://www.vanillaproductsusa.com/

The site looks shady as heck, but they sent me the beans.