Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

I watched One Piece in 2015 or so and it's really a tear jerker in parts. So brace yourself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Hey I said ďtooĒ. Weíll all get together to post about One Piece Kai in 2040, donít worry about it.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm watching One Piece for the first time ever, and I just finished Episode 8, and I teared up a little when Shou Shou got his little bit of dog food from Luffy.

Iíll post with you friend.

Be prepared for a ton of those moments.

If you think you care about those characters now, wait until another 50 eps or so.

One piece has the best character development of any show Iíve ever watched.

You also have the advantage of knowing during the lovely slow parts of the show that itís worth it for how insanely awesome itís been over the last year. Should make it less of a slog.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

I will say I never noticed the parts that dragged when I was marathoning it. It's a much more apparent problem when you're watching week to week.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

Yellow Pearl, Blue Pearl, Pink Pearl

Boba Pearl.

Honestly, I watch a lot of hot garbage, so having one piece to watch instead of youtube is a bonus for me, even if it might drag a bit. Boy with slingshot seems like a good dude, and some day I will remember red headed navigators name.

e; I'm sorry, red headed thief

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Honestly, I watch a lot of hot garbage, so having one piece to watch instead of youtube is a bonus for me, even if it might drag a bit. Boy with slingshot seems like a good dude, and some day I will remember red headed navigators name.

e; I'm sorry, red headed thief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Here this will help you remember everyones name.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kild posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Here this will help you remember everyones name.

Good ol' Lolonoa Zolo.

I'm in Dressrosa, where the Eng dub currently is.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Now that the guy who sung the English version of We Are turned out to be a scumbag monster, the Pirate Rap can take back its rightful throne as the King Of The English Opening. Canít believe we ever hated that theme...

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

P√ɬĄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Last Celebration posted:

Now that the guy who sung the English version of We Are turned out to be a scumbag monster, the Pirate Rap can take back its rightful throne as the King Of The English Opening. Canít believe we ever hated that theme...

Speak for yourself, many of us have been loyal to the Pirate Rap all along.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Do you mean the scrapped 4Kids version or the one from the Funimation dub? Either way, who sang it and what did he do?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Apologies, I shouldnít presume that everyone was as wrongheaded as me.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Larryb posted:

Do you mean the scrapped 4Kids version or the one from the Funimation dub? Either way, who sang it and what did he do?

Vic Mignogna sang We Are for Funi's first opening. He's a sexual harassing shithead.

Luckily, we got this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5elivsTUKg

I remember seeing this in 2010. So excited to see more of Shanks. Just had to wait almost a decade.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Larryb posted:

Funimation, thereís a thread on him here (Vic Mignoma) if you want the details but Iím not trying to be Captain bring down for new viewers so I wonít elaborate.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Funimation, thereís a thread on him here (Vic Mignoma) if you want the details but Iím not trying to be Captain bring down for new viewers so I wonít elaborate.

Ah yes, I know all about Vic. I see your point then.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tolth posted:

Speak for yourself, many of us have been loyal to the Pirate Rap all along.

It's no Bink's Sake, but I liked it even when I wouldn't give One Piece a chance due to the cartoony art style and everyone armed with super soakers.

Which is weird because in retrospect Vegapunk developed water guns would probably be decent weapons in One Piece.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I really enjoyed One Piece: Stampede. The only thing that missing that would have put it over the top for me would have been if Big Mom had shown up somehow.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It does feel a bit odd that NO ONE part of the For Emperors' crews showed up to this huge pirate gathering. I can understand why, if the Emperors themselves showed up, it'd be too easy to defeat Bullet. And I guess if one of their crewmates were there, they'd immediately call their captain to come help when poo poo went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpartanIvy posted:

I will say I never noticed the parts that dragged when I was marathoning it. It's a much more apparent problem when you're watching week to week.

Oh, you haven't reached Skypeia yet?