Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Great start! Love the angle that they're having the Straw Hat VAs voicing other fake-Hats. The fact the opening spoiled the appearances was a tad disappointing, but it seems like they added filler this episode to show all the SHs. As I don't think Zoro showed up until later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Funimation finally licensed post-Skypeia One Piece for DVD/BR release. Was a long time coming, as it looked for awhile there like they wouldn't.

http://onepiecepodcast.com/blog/2011/10/28/thenextvoyage/

They've gotten the season 4 block, 206-263. Apparently they're licensed in blocks, rather than the whole show.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 28, 2011

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm surprised a network hasn't taken a chance on showing OP again. It's probably 4Kids fault for tainting the franchise so badly in the U.S.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

KoB posted:

The manga hasnt even left fishman island yet.

This. The manga isn't that far ahead really, it never gets that far ahead.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

If there was any series which needed the DBZ Kai treatment, it's One Piece. You could probably lose like 45% of it easily to get back to straight manga content. The bad thing is, the series doesn't include that many individual filler episodes, it's all the filler within the normal episodes that's the problem.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Is Toonami going to be airing everything through Skypiea or did they also get the rights post-Skypiea as well I wonder. When it aired originally it was just that first block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Julias posted:

Yeah, while it almost certainly helps with the stronger animation flourishes, the real reason for doing them is because everyone since sanji vs Queen, they've been mostly adapting at a 1:1 chapter/manga ratio, and with Oda constantly taking weekly breaks, they need to slow down so they don't catch up to the Manga. I imagine the pacing will slow down again now that we are at the end of Wano and the fighting is finished.

It's wild to think that the anime, manga and live action will have two far extremes for the story.

Anime [Padded story pacing] ~ Manga [Normal story pacing] ~ Live Action [Very streamlined story pacing]